Dawson

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Re: Dawson

Post by Loyal White » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm

I'm not as convinced as most that Dawson won't be available in the summer.

The lad wants to play in the Premier League though, which will likely rule us out.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 pm

I have heard from someone in the know at Rochdale that Dawson has been homesick whilst at West Brom and would like a more permanent move back to the North West.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm

PC1978 wrote:I have heard from someone in the know at Rochdale that Dawson has been homesick whilst at West Brom and would like a more permanent move back to the North West.
... &, sorry to rain on parades, that should be of great interest to Wiggin & Everton if he's 50% as good as we are saying.

Be delighted to see otherwise, but ...
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:16 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
PC1978 wrote:I have heard from someone in the know at Rochdale that Dawson has been homesick whilst at West Brom and would like a more permanent move back to the North West.
... &, sorry to rain on parades, that should be of great interest to Wiggin & Everton if he's 50% as good as we are saying.

Be delighted to see otherwise, but ...
I thought exactly the same!

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Not sure Everton would be that interested in someone who can't get into the West Brom first team.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:51 pm

He is also a cracking lad and likes Bolton. That is from a Rochdale itk

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Just asked a mate of mine from Rochdale if he knew of him. Apparently they were in the same year at school, and he was good at Basketball and Cricket as well as Football. Didn't know if he was any good at table tennis though.

Also, his brother is better than him but has bad knees. ITK.

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:46 pm

seanworth wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:
wonka wrote:I thought I'd read this week (probably on here, or BN) that Steve Clarke had issued a "you've got no chance" sort of statement, that he was just here to get games under his belt and develop his game. Sounds like Clarke regards him as one for the future.

Of course, if there is even just a sniff of WBA considering selling, we really need to get in there and offer 4 or £5m. Cos he'll be worth double that in a couple of years.

If he continues at the present standard, I would rate him as highly as Cahill. And in fact, although Cahill is a great defender, Cahill will never be a leader or a player who can organise the back line. But Dawson is.
Yeah, WBA like to keep reminding us that this is purely a loan deal, unfortunately for us.

I'd love to see the club sign him, i'd be happy with a part ex. Ngog + £5 mill would be a bargain for us.

ive seen him as a bit of a cahill. But i think that's just because any good defender for us really stands out as that's the one area we've had a lot of dramas with. I reckon he will be a lot better than cahill. Where he is at his age, he can only improve. He's going to be easily the best Centre back in the Prem, possibly the world
In regards to your bargain, have have you calculated Ngog as a net liability or asset? Seems pretty high a value for a defender not considered good enough to start for WBA.
To be honest, Ngog was the first name i typed. I wasnt saying id necessarily want to see Ngog leave, but if it was to happen to get Dawson here permanently id be happy.

I dont personally think it "seems pretty high a value for a defender not considered good enough to start from WBA" when Ngog isnt considered good enough to regularly start for us. just my opinion though

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Yes, but you're overlooking the actual values of the players and just coming up with random numbers. I'd be inclined to say that you'd be offering WBA somewhere in the region of £8m for Craig Dawson. Us. Bolton. £8m. On a defender. In the Championship.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:41 pm

boltonboris wrote:Yes, but you're overlooking the actual values of the players and just coming up with random numbers. I'd be inclined to say that you'd be offering WBA somewhere in the region of £8m for Craig Dawson. Us. Bolton. £8m. On a defender. In the Championship.
fair one, but i dont know the value of either player.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:08 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:He's going to be easily the best Centre back in the Prem, possibly the world
:lol:

Talk about some Wanderers fans getting over excited.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:12 am

I like him when he plays the piano badly.
Attachments
p009myvm_640_360.jpg
p009myvm_640_360.jpg (25 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Baggieboy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Baggieboy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:42 am

Hi supporters of the real Wanderers :)

As a Baggie fan I honestly think you have no chance of signing him permanently. Nothing to do with club size, what divisions were both in etc but purely because he is very highly rated by most Albion Fans and certainly by the management. The only reason he has not played that much for us is because Olsson and McAuley have been superb for us these last 2 seasons. However McAuley is the wrong side of 30 (33) and Albion know that Dawson is the ready made replacement in the next season or so.

Really pleased to see him helping you guys up the table but honestly I would put aside any hopes of him signing permanently.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Baggieboy wrote:Hi supporters of the real Wanderers :)

As a Baggie fan I honestly think you have no chance of signing him permanently. Nothing to do with club size, what divisions were both in etc but purely because he is very highly rated by most Albion Fans and certainly by the management. The only reason he has not played that much for us is because Olsson and McAuley have been superb for us these last 2 seasons. However McAuley is the wrong side of 30 (33) and Albion know that Dawson is the ready made replacement in the next season or so.

Really pleased to see him helping you guys up the table but honestly I would put aside any hopes of him signing permanently.
It's everything to do with this.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 pm

As a Baggie fan I honestly think you have no chance of signing him permanently. Nothing to do with club size, what divisions were both in etc. but purely because he is very highly rated by most Albion Fans and certainly by the management. The only reason he has not played that much for us is because Olsson and McAuley have been superb for us these last 2 seasons. However McAuley is the wrong side of 30 (33) and Albion know that Dawson is the ready made replacement in the next season or so.

This has killed it for me. Without knowing too much about West Broms defence, except for Olsson who you've previously mentioned, Dawson is a ready made replacement and more. Can't really speak for you guys but if he was at the 'Bok on a permanent deal he'd be club captain before seasons end.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:04 pm

dude's class. get him bought.

£4 mill , 6 mill, whatever.

stevedale
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by stevedale » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:23 pm

Watched his progress since his first pre season game against Everton ,alot of Dale fans have made plenty of money on his scoring feats like they did last saturday.The lad is destined for good things if he keeps fit and healthy and as you said he is being readied for premiership football soon .The management in his first year at the baggies gave him his full expected wage rise with the view he went out on loan to get some games under his belt ,this he is now doing .

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 pm

I've only saw him play once (v Burnley) where he was rightfully MotM.

From what I've seen on the telly (ie very little) he's doing what a good centre-forward should be doing.

Getting across his man at set pieces, arriving bang-on-cue, staying in good positions.

Yeah good.

Good that we've got someone who can consistently put the ball in the right place too in Spearing. I know there's a 50/50 split with the fans opinion on him but I like him.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Our run of form has coincided with having, (finally) a proper centre half who heads everything.

Priority for next season has to be finding another one, as Dawson won't be here anymore, and Wheater needs a partner.

Then fecking Ream off to whoever is gullible enough to take him.

wembley1995
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wembley1995 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Is Dawson the second coming of christ??
We're bolton wanderers we'll fight to the END!