Tuesday night with Venkys

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tuesday night with Venkys

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:What part of 8 men sat inside your box isn't sitting deep? That isn't being caught cold, it's defending extremely deep. Things didn't change for the second goal either.

Put it one way; Spurs won't come out in the second half and have everyone bar Lennon, Bale and Adebayor camped inside their box. It won't happen, and nor should it. It's far too negative for just after half time.
So did you go then?
Has he even seen the goals?
Probably on Tangovision. Other than that he couldn't possibly have seen them for all those defenders stood in the way. :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:34 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:What part of 8 men sat inside your box isn't sitting deep? That isn't being caught cold, it's defending extremely deep. Things didn't change for the second goal either.

seriously - how do you know this?? people who were at the game have told us it simply is not so...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Put it one way; Spurs won't come out in the second half and have everyone bar Lennon, Bale and Adebayor camped inside their box. It won't happen, and nor should it. It's far too negative for just after half time.
So did you go then?
Has he even seen the goals?
Probably on Tangovision. Other than that he couldn't possibly have seen them for all those defenders stood in the way. :-)
Oh, mine was unashamed radio view. I did listen and watch the goals though. Then again, I don't give football lectures on structure and cohesion. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

So did you go then?
I was there for the first 65 minutes or so because I had to get somewhere else. I ended up checking on here for updates because Twitter wouldn't work on my phone :lol: We did defend much deeper in the second half, especially right at the start of it. When we pushed forward a bit more, we were stronger at the back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Just long enough to see all the goals - that was lucky. :-)

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:17 pm

I missed our third. I heard it go in but I'd left by then. Honestly, I thought we'd thrown it away, so I was really annoyed.

To put a line under this, hopefully what I'm talking about doesn't cost us points. If I'm wrong, I'll be glad.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Anyway...the Blackburn match. On form should be a nailed on win and they are there for the taking

I was surprised to see how much stick Murphy was getting on that link - has he been no good for em this year then? Rhodes is bound to get at least 1 against us and our run has to end sometime, so I'll go 1-1 draw.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Two or three nil to you boys. :hang:

Our lot appear to have given up and after Saturdays utter f'kin disgrace of a showing the fans are pissed off too..expect the smallest Rovers following at your place for Donkeys years come Tuesday.

Dont know whats gone wrong but we are utter shyte atm!
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:34 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:Two or three nil to you boys. :hang:

Our lot appear to have given up and after Saturdays utter f'kin disgrace of a showing the fans are pissed off too..expect the smallest Rovers following at your place for Donkeys years on Tuesday.
Such a shame as they've been so positive and happy the past couple seasons. :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Our lot appear to have given up and after Saturdays utter f'kin disgrace of a showing the fans are pissed off too..expect the smallest Rovers following at your place for Donkeys years come Tuesday.

Getting rid of Kean a mistake?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Getting rid of Kean a mistake?
Getting curried chickens in a bigger one maybe? I'm taking nothing for granted Tuesday mind. I think we'll win so I'm going for 2-0....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

which is precisely the reason you will win... we're a well known charity...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:45 am

officer_dibble wrote:We only sat deep when weater came on
and then ricketts and alonso played as wingbacks so it wasnt a bank of 5
Once Wheater was on we did defend but did so very well and looked pretty safe even though Barnsley were giving it a good go with Perkins playing very well.
Their first goal was a case of Ricketts being left alone against two players and unable to close either down for fear of being exposed further. The second was a mistake simple as that. I just think they started the 2nd half a bit complacently after being miles better than them first half. Once they got going again the workrate was excellent throughout the team, especially Spearing who was magnificent. Ngog also played very well and was out on his feet by the end.
If anything the problem was defending too far to the left as a unit for their first goal rather than too deep.
Great day out though, looks like a fantastic spirit in the club and some real warmth between Dougie and the fans. Nice to see Eagles getting good support as well, he needs it and we need him confident and back on song.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:07 am

LeverEnd wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:We only sat deep when weater came on
and then ricketts and alonso played as wingbacks so it wasnt a bank of 5
Once Wheater was on we did defend but did so very well and looked pretty safe even though Barnsley were giving it a good go with Perkins playing very well.
Their first goal was a case of Ricketts being left alone against two players and unable to close either down for fear of being exposed further. The second was a mistake simple as that. I just think they started the 2nd half a bit complacently after being miles better than them first half. Once they got going again the workrate was excellent throughout the team, especially Spearing who was magnificent. Ngog also played very well and was out on his feet by the end.
If anything the problem was defending too far to the left as a unit for their first goal rather than too deep.
Great day out though, looks like a fantastic spirit in the club and some real warmth between Dougie and the fans. Nice to see Eagles getting good support as well, he needs it and we need him confident and back on song.

No, no, no

You have it all wrong

We defended too deep

No structure, see
Sto ut Serviam

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:21 am

i'll be off early doors tomorrow until the end of the week. So good luck to the mighty whites and have fun to all the fans able to make the trip

COYWM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:09 am

I thought I'd double check and so I sent a sample of my roast chicken off to be tested. The results are conclusive: massive gerbil contamination you venky vankers.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I thought I'd double check and so I sent a sample of my roast chicken off to be tested. The results are conclusive: massive gerbil contamination you venky vankers.
Hmm but maybe you were just the guinea pig?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:06 pm

I notice Danny Murphy is public enemy number one in Blackburn at the minute.

It's why I'd always worry about signing premiership end of career players for the championship. Big risk whether their attitude and motivation will be right week in week out.

Seems his isn't.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:15 pm

No. You're wrong.

He was exactly what we needed and Coyle was a wanker for not signing him.

I said at the start of the season that (after reading his stats from the previous season) that the only part of his game that made him half decent in the past had deserted him. He used to be good at short range passing, getting the ball and playing it on to better players. A link between defence and attack.

But at Fulham, he had the lowest completed pass percentage of midfielder in the Premier league
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I notice Danny Murphy is public enemy number one in Blackburn at the minute.

It's why I'd always worry about signing premiership end of career players for the championship. Big risk whether their attitude and motivation will be right week in week out.

Seems his isn't.
Wondered about Murphy. For me, still a classy and dangerous player but he doesn't get seen that way at Ewood does he? The whole set up there has become more un-Blackburn like since the new owners arrived and doesn't seem likely to improve right now. They're sure not the Blackburn of old.