Leicester away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Leicester away

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:for once, I hate the thought of us scoring an early goal and trying to hang on for 80 minutes.
As explained earlier in the thread, it would be easier to score early (at which they lose heart and their fans gain hate) than to let them come into it.

That's not to say that, as fans, it would be easy to watch us protect a slender lead, but as a team I'm sure they'll want to score early.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:for once, I hate the thought of us scoring an early goal and trying to hang on for 80 minutes.
That's not to say that, as fans, it would be easy to watch us protect a slender lead,
I find it much more enjoyable watching us 1-0 to the good than I do the opposite. I also enjoy it when we score early, always seems to make the game more exciting.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:25 pm

Enoch wrote:
That's not to say that, as fans, it would be easy to watch us protect a slender lead,
I find it much more enjoyable watching us 1-0 to the good than I do the opposite. I also enjoy it when we score early, always seems to make the game more exciting.
You'll be enjoying this season then given the ammount of early ones we've knocked in! It's more exciting to come from behind (fnarrr fnarr) but not something I think we should be trying out at this delicate stage of the season. Can't see another '95 playoff final on the cards somehow.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Enoch wrote:
But this always happens

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:26 pm

There was a post in the BEN (still can't get used to BN) where they were saying that we spread the goals around the team rather than one or maybe two strikers getting most of them. Hopefully we won't be relying on those two well known strikers "own goal" and "penalty" tonight

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Bruno3 wrote:There was a post in the BEN (still can't get used to BN) where they were saying that we spread the goals around the team rather than one or maybe two strikers getting most of them. Hopefully we won't be relying on those two well known strikers "own goal" and "penalty" tonight
Always welcome guests on the scoresheet.

Our dear friends at the top of the Premier League have gleefully accepted 6 this season - more than they've had from Shinji Kagawa, Nani, Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick and Tom Cleverley.

Meanwhile, in the league alone Chelsea have had 9 penalties, scoring 7 goals - as many as they've had from £50m striker Fernando Torres.

"Relying upon", no – but "happy to accept", always.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Just been reading previews of tonight's games and came across this..
Nottingham Forest's defeat at Cardiff at the weekend was the first since Billy Davies returned as manager and saw the club lose their place in the top six. Forest head to Middlesbrough, who have lost more games than any club in the division this season bar Bristol City.

What a crazy league this is..

Shocked at that stat with the difference in positions.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Ok my positivity has just taken a hit. My mate's gearbox has just packed up in a car park in Worsley. Trying to arrange transport. feck feck feck.

n035209
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by n035209 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 pm

I went for a Bolton, Boro win, just because this I what I want to win.

Is KD going to get replaced on the bench buy TE? end of the line if he does hope if the dream happens and we win the playoff they let him climb the steps to get the trophy.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:00 pm

n035209 wrote:I went for a Bolton, Boro win, just because this I what I want to win.

Is KD going to get replaced on the bench buy TE? end of the line if he does hope if the dream happens and we win the playoff they let him climb the steps to get the trophy.
IF we get to the playoffs and win it. That's a big if aswell. The person to lift that trophy should be Dougie for the feckin miracle he has worked.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:03 pm

ChrisC wrote:Just been reading previews of tonight's games and came across this..
Nottingham Forest's defeat at Cardiff at the weekend was the first since Billy Davies returned as manager and saw the club lose their place in the top six. Forest head to Middlesbrough, who have lost more games than any club in the division this season bar Bristol City.
What a crazy league this is..

Shocked at that stat with the difference in positions.
They've had a post-Christmas crash, like last year but worse. Luckily for them they piled up enough points to be safe - although you could hypothesise that if they hadn't, they might have woken up and pulled out of the tailspin.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:13 pm

On a side note, Brighton have a tough game tonight against Peterborough, whose last two wins came at home against Cardiff and Watford. Hopefully Boro pull their fingers out too.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Not tonight's games (obviously), but just noticed that Leicester's last game is against Nottingham.

Oof!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:27 pm

mrkint wrote:Not tonight's games (obviously), but just noticed that Leicester's last game is against Nottingham.

Oof!
This Saturday, Leicester are at Palace. We might want 'em to win that... (and their other game is against Watford...)

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Did I hear somewhere we've scored more goals in the opening 15 mins than any other side in all divisions? Could do with a couple tonight. COYW!!!

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:45 pm

my team for tonight
Bodgan
Ricketts-Dawson-Knight-Alonso
Lee-Medo-Spearing-Eagles
Davies-Ngog

Bench - Lonergan, Ream, Eaves, Hall, Sordell , Butterfield, Pratley.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Couldn't move meeting in the end. So going to be stuck listening on the radio. COYW

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Eaves is in the squad

https://vine.co/v/bFxgXDY61g3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 pm

That will be stumpy dropped then.

Hey ho!

BWFC90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC90 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:52 pm

#BWFC team to face Leicester: Bogdan, Butterfield, Dawson, Knight, Alonso, Pratley, Medo, Vela, Eagles, Chung-Yong, Ngog

#BWFC subs: Lonergan, Ricketts, Ream, Hall, Eaves, C Davies, Sordell