Leicester away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Leicester away

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:01 pm

7 at a very tight pinch!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:01 pm

ChrisC wrote:We are 1 point outside the playoffs. Why do we suddenly need all 9 points? Win our 2 home games and we will be in with a shout.
Because Leicester might win one or two now. Palace have a game in hand and might scrape 70 points.

It's plausible.

On the other hand a Palace win or a draw against Leicester next up could change things.

As an aside, hope Ngog is ok, oxygen was being administered apparently.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 pm

This league is to unpredictable to be looking 2 or 3 games ahead. 1 game at a time and see what happens.

Wolves beat Hull tonight.. Crazy league with crazy results week in, week out.

No matter what happens, I'm proud of the lads and just having the chance at a pop in the playoffs.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:06 pm

As I just pointed out on the 3 games left forum, Assuming we win our two home games, our fate will be decided at Leicester/Forest game on final day.

Bicky
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bicky » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Disappointed to say the least...But we are still very much in this

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 pm

I expect Dougie will see it as even if Palace draw with Leicester,they could win the other 2.So we have to be looking to take Maximum points from our 3 remaining games which we are more than capable of doing?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:08 pm

ChrisC wrote:This league is to unpredictable to be looking 2 or 3 games ahead. 1 game at a time and see what happens.

Wolves beat Hull tonight.. Crazy league with crazy results week in, week out.

No matter what happens, I'm proud of the lads and just having the chance at a pop in the playoffs.
Aye it's been a miraculous turnaround and a great effort whatever happens.

Very positive about the future of the club now we have a proper manager.

Just a bit annoying that we get no luck for 2 seasons and right when we are due a little we get injuries again....

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:08 pm

ChrisC wrote:We are 1 point outside the playoffs. Why do we suddenly need all 9 points? Win our 2 home games and we will be in with a shout.
If other teams were in form, people would be right to say we need 9 points but everyone dropped points tonight apart from Leicester, obviously. They will continue to drop points, so if we can get 6 or 7, I think we'll be fine.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Fantastic effort by the lass and fans tonight, just felt sorry for Butterfield in the end. Total shocker. Not heard any commentary yet but still very confident that if we play like that with ricketts fit were going all the way.

Willy_Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Willy_Wanderer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi, first post here but I follow this forum almost every day.
I'm a Bolton fan living in Leicester, spare a thought for me at work tomorrow!
Just got back from the game and I have to say we gave it everything and the fans were sensational tonight. It really felt like a cup final.
We changed dramatically when we went 442 with Cravies coming on for Vela. Played some really good football at times and created chances. I've been to almost all of our last ten games and we played better this game than the one's we've won by a goal.
I feel sorry for Butterfield, he should not have been on the pitch and is no way good enough for a wanderers shirt. MoM for me was N'Gog, held th eball up well at times and worked his socks off, hope to hear he's not out for the season, it looked nasty when he went down, hamstring?
Chungy put in some big challenges as well.
Anyway, I feel we were unlucky tonight not to come back with anything, I reallt really hate Leicester fans, the number of times I hear that they are sleeping giants and belong in the Premier League!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Welcome Willy!!! :pissed:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Hello Willy, welcome and thanks for the match comments. Shame we couldn't manage the win, but at least it was't a lie-down defeat.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 pm

Willy_Wanderer, not a fan of Kevin Davies I bet.

:D

Hello. :)

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Just back from the Leeds/Burnley game (having had a few too many for a school night...) and what a load of dross it was. Two teams with nothing to play for, makes me all the more thankful for Dougie giving us some sort of relevance and providing our season ticket holders a little bang for their book (I was at the Leeds game as a friend of mine, a season ticket holder, has given up for the campaign).

Willy_Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Willy_Wanderer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Thank you for the welcomes, sorry for the typos on the first message (fat fingers on the iPhone)
I am a fan of Kevin Davies, I just don't think he's cut out for it anymore. It really is a shame how the situation has turned out.
It was good to see Eaves come on but I don't think it was the right game for him, too much pressure, I think Davo would have been a better option for the last few minutes when N'Gog came off.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Willy_Wanderer wrote:Thank you for the welcomes, sorry for the typos on the first message (fat fingers on the iPhone)
I am a fan of Kevin Davies, I just don't think he's cut out for it anymore. It really is a shame how the situation has turned out.
It was good to see Eaves come on but I don't think it was the right game for him, too much pressure, I think Davo would have been a better option for the last few minutes when N'Gog came off.
Am I right in thinking that was his league debut? That's two of em now along with Odelusi. By the way how did everyone think Vela got on?

ratters
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ratters » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 am

Butterfield had the worst game I have seen from a Bolton player. What was Dougie thinking about picking him rather than Ricketts. He gave both goals away. On top first 10 mins, then they came at us and we conceded two goals. Well on top in 2nd half and got a deserved equaliser. Sclupp's goal a matchwinner but against the run of play. Good penalty shout in last minute. Players:-
Bogdan: 6- sound but at fault for 2nd goal
Butterfield: 0- appalling (see above)
Knight: 6-sound but usual anxious moments
Dawson: 7-good but seems to have lost his goalscoring touch.
Alonso: 6- good player but goes awol. He is really a left sided midfielder.
Eagles:6- annoying as usual. Great skill but hides from the ball and does not work hard enough.
Vela: 5: looked a bit out of his depth.
Medo: 8- looks a god player. Tackled well and distributed OK.
Pratley: 5- works so hard but I am convinced he does not have a football brain. Runs up too many blind alleys and passing poor.
Chungy: 8- not the player he was but still good
Ngog-9: held ball up well and laid it off to others. Still not strong enough and can't (won't) shoot
Subs: Rickett changed the game, why didn't he start. Cravies put himself about well and Eaves only on for 10 mins.
Dougie needs to make some major changes whichever division we are in as we are so short of class.
Two home wins could be enough and no team will want to meet us!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:05 am

ratters wrote:Medo: 8- looks a god player.
High praise indeed, yet still only an 8. You're a hard one to please!

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:26 am

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Willy_Wanderer wrote:Thank you for the welcomes, sorry for the typos on the first message (fat fingers on the iPhone)
Am I right in thinking that was his league debut? That's two of em now along with Odelusi. By the way how did everyone think Vela got on?
I thought he did okay though the 4-5-1 formation didn't work tonight, sadly Doogie miscalculated just at the point when we had the chance to cement our play-off position. As others have said we looked more of a threat in a 4-4-2 so hopefully 'boro get both barrels on Saturday
The Voice Of Reason

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:40 am

Willy_Wanderer wrote: I am a fan of Kevin Davies, I just don't think he's cut out for it anymore. It really is a shame how the situation has turned out.
:shock:

A disgrace to the name.

Welcome aboard. :D
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.