Leicester away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Leicester away

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:03 am

That we looked more of a threat playing 4-4-2 when 2-1 down doesn't necessarily mean we should have started 4-4-2. Sounds like Butterfield had a mare, and it cost us. Without access to the medical reports on Ricketts etc it's difficult to know if that was a cock-up on Dougie's part, or just one of those things. Always easier with hindsight, but you do wonder if Butters was the best possible cover we could have got. Not that I'm up for criticising #DougieCool too much atm.

The amount of absolute shite that gets posted before game, only for the same folk to come on after the game giving it the 'I told you so' is jaw-droppingly depressing. #Nofaithinmankind.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:38 am

Prufrock wrote:That we looked more of a threat playing 4-4-2 when 2-1 down doesn't necessarily mean we should have started 4-4-2. Sounds like Butterfield had a mare, and it cost us. Without access to the medical reports on Ricketts etc it's difficult to know if that was a cock-up on Dougie's part, or just one of those things. Always easier with hindsight, but you do wonder if Butters was the best possible cover we could have got. Not that I'm up for criticising #DougieCool too much atm.

The amount of absolute shite that gets posted before game, only for the same folk to come on after the game giving it the 'I told you so' is jaw-droppingly depressing. #Nofaithinmankind.

:pray:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Willy_Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Willy_Wanderer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:41 am

ratters wrote:Butterfield had the worst game I have seen from a Bolton player. What was Dougie thinking about picking him rather than Ricketts. He gave both goals away. On top first 10 mins, then they came at us and we conceded two goals. Well on top in 2nd half and got a deserved equaliser. Sclupp's goal a matchwinner but against the run of play. Good penalty shout in last minute. Players:-
Bogdan: 6- sound but at fault for 2nd goal
Butterfield: 0- appalling (see above)
Knight: 6-sound but usual anxious moments
Dawson: 7-good but seems to have lost his goalscoring touch.
Alonso: 6- good player but goes awol. He is really a left sided midfielder.
Eagles:6- annoying as usual. Great skill but hides from the ball and does not work hard enough.
Vela: 5: looked a bit out of his depth.
Medo: 8- looks a god player. Tackled well and distributed OK.
Pratley: 5- works so hard but I am convinced he does not have a football brain. Runs up too many blind alleys and passing poor.
Chungy: 8- not the player he was but still good
Ngog-9: held ball up well and laid it off to others. Still not strong enough and can't (won't) shoot
Subs: Rickett changed the game, why didn't he start. Cravies put himself about well and Eaves only on for 10 mins.
Dougie needs to make some major changes whichever division we are in as we are so short of class.
Two home wins could be enough and no team will want to meet us!
I will second this, at fault for the first two goals, passes to no-one and even gave a corner away after no pressure whatsoever from Leicester players.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 am

Prufrock wrote:That we looked more of a threat playing 4-4-2 when 2-1 down doesn't necessarily mean we should have started 4-4-2. Sounds like Butterfield had a mare, and it cost us. Without access to the medical reports on Ricketts etc it's difficult to know if that was a cock-up on Dougie's part, or just one of those things. Always easier with hindsight, but you do wonder if Butters was the best possible cover we could have got. Not that I'm up for criticising #DougieCool too much atm.

Surely it's all reverse jinxery though? I thought we'd get a point last night, but I wasn't about to type that on here!

Still feeling a bit gutted this morning.

And to be fair about Butterfield, he hasn't played much for ages. Bit like Sheff Wed fans who are moaning about how poor Holden has been for them.......

I think Butterfield came in as very short term cover cos Mears was ill, but now of course Mears is proper ill and out for the season and then Riley gets injured and is also out.

We ain't having much luck.......again!
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:02 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Pessimism, I laugh in your face. :lol:
Being a true pessimist... double or quits
If we lose, I owe you nothing.
Not that I'm happy about it, I'd much prefer to owe you 2/3rds of a guinness. :(
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 am

Prufrock wrote: The amount of absolute shite that gets posted before game, only for the same folk to come on after the game giving it the 'I told you so' is jaw-droppingly depressing. #Nofaithinmankind.
I'm sure that most of that pre-match absolute shite is little more than japery. That said, I honestly did think that last night would've been a nil-niller, and would've been delighted with same.

Now then, and I considered putting this in the angry thread. Have Leicester done something to piss Sky off? I sat there last night with Sky's regurgitating Sports News channel on and it promised "All the goals from The Championship coming up after the break". Brill, thinks I. I can watch all the goals and have 22:30 ish early night. They then indeed showed 'all the goals from The Championship'........... except the ones from our game. 'Maybe they're not in yet' thinks I, and proceeded to sit through Cardiff's celebrations for a full hour until they showed, once again, 'all the goals from The Championship'.......... except the ones from our game. So I gave up and went to bed in a grumps at 23:40. :evil:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:28 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote: The amount of absolute shite that gets posted before game, only for the same folk to come on after the game giving it the 'I told you so' is jaw-droppingly depressing. #Nofaithinmankind.
I'm sure that most of that pre-match absolute shite is little more than japery. That said, I honestly did think that last night would've been a nil-niller, and would've been delighted with same.

Now then, and I considered putting this in the angry thread. Have Leicester done something to piss Sky off? I sat there last night with Sky's regurgitating Sports News channel on and it promised "All the goals from The Championship coming up after the break". Brill, thinks I. I can watch all the goals and have 22:30 ish early night. They then indeed showed 'all the goals from The Championship'........... except the ones from our game. 'Maybe they're not in yet' thinks I, and proceeded to sit through Cardiff's celebrations for a full hour until they showed, once again, 'all the goals from The Championship'.......... except the ones from our game. So I gave up and went to bed in a grumps at 23:40. :evil:
I was so upset I spent fifteen minutes finding the right phone number to ring in and complain about it.
And then it was only to leave a message, no live spokesperson to grumble at... nothing back in the way of apology from the arsewipes yet either. Grrrr :evil: :evil:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

I waited up until 12.45 and still nothing! :evil:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 am

Bloody hell Bruce you stayed up till nearly midnight to try and watch the goals in a game we lost?

I always feel too gutted to watch highlights after we lose.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Bloody hell Bruce you stayed up till nearly midnight to try and watch the goals in a game we lost?

Yeah, I'm much the same. Many of Manish's broadcasts have been deleted without being watched this season. I suppose I'd got into this well-I've -waited-up-this-long kind of mindset.

Do we know though - is it common for Sky not to show bits from Leicester's home games or was last night a one off?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:58 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Bloody hell Bruce you stayed up till nearly midnight to try and watch the goals in a game we lost?

Yeah, I'm much the same. Many of Manish's broadcasts have been deleted without being watched this season. I suppose I'd got into this well-I've -waited-up-this-long kind of mindset.

Do we know though - is it common for Sky not to show bits from Leicester's home games or was last night a one off?
Don't know. They seem to have Leicester on the live games a fair bit though.

Probably just an oversight I guess. Either that or they've got it in for you.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:09 am

Just got an email regarding my complaint, apparently it was an oversight, the video editing was supposed to hold the Leicester Bolton goals but for 'reasons unknown' they were not submitted to the News team. They hope it didn't 'spiol the enjoy of the rest of the programme' [sic]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:13 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Just got an email regarding my complaint, apparently it was an oversight, the video editing was supposed to hold the Leicester Bolton goals but for 'reasons unknown' they were not submitted to the News team. They hope it didn't 'spiol the enjoy of the rest of the programme' [sic]
So they haven't got it in for me then? I'm quite disappointed now. :(

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:19 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Just got an email regarding my complaint, apparently it was an oversight, the video editing was supposed to hold the Leicester Bolton goals but for 'reasons unknown' they were not submitted to the News team. They hope it didn't 'spiol the enjoy of the rest of the programme' [sic]
So they haven't got it in for me then? I'm quite disappointed now. :(
No personal vendetta, always disappointing that realisation.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:26 am

Bicky wrote:Disappointed to say the least...But we are still very much in this
:oyea: Word for word what I was thinking
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:28 am

Butterfield is on loan from Southampton isn't he?

Don't they play a pretty high tempo pressing game? No wonder he's not kicked a feckin ball for them..

I dread to think the damage a Prem winger could do to him..

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 am

Butters! Wow mate. The worst part was not that it seemed like a lack of 'sharpness', but that his supposedly experienced head went as soon as Dyer twice successfully jinked to the byline to put a cross in. Then on the 3rd or 4th time Dyer is clever enough to take an additional touch, a stupid 18-yo's lunge comes in and it's a penalty.

Would have to see their second again as the winger was flying when he received it but it was a big old gap on that right...

As for all the passes astray, he's not the first player to misplace a pass but it was really terrible. Still, even with all that deserved scapegoating I've just done, I really don't like seeing one of our players cheered from the field sarcastically.

Missed the first goal due to the horrendous traffic and nowhere to park, ended up running the last two miles ffs! What a location for a ground that is. Terrible.

Given the level of effort in a second away game on short rest, and that other results not too bad I'm not too downhearted. I still think we'll finish above Leicester too.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 am

I've also just remembered another Butters moment, right after conceding I said to my mate we need to calm down as Charlton scored two in succession against us. Straight from kick off we pass it backwards and an easy long ball under no pressure sailed about 10 rows out of play! Perhaps not as awful as that "backpass" though :laugh:

At least DF was man enough to give him the hook, a performance for the ages.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Athers wrote:I've also just remembered another Butters moment, right after conceding I said to my mate we need to calm down as Charlton scored two in succession against us. Straight from kick off we pass it backwards and an easy long ball under no pressure sailed about 10 rows out of play! Perhaps not as awful as that "backpass" though :laugh:

At least DF was man enough to give him the hook, a performance for the ages.
Butterfield will be one of those.. "Fvck me, remember that shithouse we had on loan?!"

Bit like Otsemobor

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

That John Dreyer was crap as well