Cardiff away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

lionelator
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Cardiff away

Post by lionelator » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:24 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
lionelator wrote:Living in Newport I don't get a chance to watch many Bolton games live, since the game is in Cardiff this weekend I was hoping to go watch with my wife and daughter.
Can't seem to buy tickets off the official site, any ideas why or how else to go about getting tickets?
I'm guessing it's cos the Cardiff fans are trying to get tickets even if in the away end but I've got a history with the club superstore of buying the jersey every year for a while now, will that make a difference at all?
Any advice appreciated.
A voice from the past. Long time no hear. Welcome back. :wink:
Lol I'm always around. Just a silent stalker.
When Coyle was consistently being awful, and it seemed like everyone on here was saying 'Give him time' as we drifted into relegation, I found it too much to bear.

Interestingly he seemed to be doing ok, then when Chung Young broke his leg, he was admitted into the Royal Gwent in Newport and Coyle met my wife in the lift when she was on call.
She got an autograph and told him I thought he was awesome.
It was all downhill from there.
A Wandering minstrel...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:50 am

lionelator wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
lionelator wrote:Living in Newport I don't get a chance to watch many Bolton games live, since the game is in Cardiff this weekend I was hoping to go watch with my wife and daughter.
Can't seem to buy tickets off the official site, any ideas why or how else to go about getting tickets?
I'm guessing it's cos the Cardiff fans are trying to get tickets even if in the away end but I've got a history with the club superstore of buying the jersey every year for a while now, will that make a difference at all?
Any advice appreciated.
When Coyle was consistently being awful, and it seemed like everyone on here was saying 'Give him time' as we drifted into relegation, I found it too much to bear.

Interestingly he seemed to be doing ok, then when Chung Young broke his leg, he was admitted into the Royal Gwent in Newport and Coyle met my wife in the lift when she was on call.
Your marriage? :shock:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

lionelator
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lionelator » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
lionelator wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Any advice appreciated.

Your marriage? :shock:
Nah.
Everything else :D
Wanderers got relegated, Chung Young seemed to lose a little something, Coyle turned to utter dogshit and the Royal Gwent lifts seemed to get a bit slower...
A Wandering minstrel...

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:01 am

lionelator wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:
Any advice appreciated.
Give the ticket Office a call and explain your predicament to them. I know others have found them difficult but I've had no issues personally.
0844 871 2932
If you can purchase via the e-ticket option
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/bwfc/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers bud, will try tomorrow.
I think i've done a 'Bobo' and helped someone :D
The Voice Of Reason

lionelator
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lionelator » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:45 am

Salford Trotter wrote:
lionelator wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:
Any advice appreciated.
Give the ticket Office a call and explain your predicament to them. I know others have found them difficult but I've had no issues personally.
0844 871 2932
If you can purchase via the e-ticket option
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/bwfc/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers bud, will try tomorrow.
I think i've done a 'Bobo' and helped someone :D
Called the Ticket Office this morning, they said as I haven't bought tickets online before they can't sell me any as the Cardiff fans are trying to get tickets for the away end.
Doesn't help that I live so near to Cardiff.
Ticket office guy suggested I approach Bolton fans for a ticket.
If anyone's willing to buy tickets for me and mail them across I'd be happy to Paypal you for the tickets and effort.
A Wandering minstrel...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Enoch wrote:I thought you'd come round Mr Genshaw!

Hastings Dan? I don't think you go through Hastings to get anywhere, except maybe away from Hastings.
Remember when we did that horrible towns list and we were struggling for ones down south, well there's one Hastings, could certainly match some pretty bad places up 'nurth'.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

onlywanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by onlywanderer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:49 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Enoch wrote:I thought you'd come round Mr Genshaw!

Hastings Dan? I don't think you go through Hastings to get anywhere, except maybe away from Hastings.
Remember when we did that horrible towns list and we were struggling for ones down south, well there's one Hastings, could certainly match some pretty bad places up 'nurth'.
Have you been to Hastings recently?

'Tis where I'm from - not a bad place if i do say so my self.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:57 pm

No just going by someone what someone said to me who has lived there for the whole life. Also what you have to remember is that when interviewed before the game away to Boro the Hastings manager answered the question of so how will you day begin today he replied "well first I go down to the ground to see what we have had nicked". I admit I think it like most bad places is exaggerated in how bad it is (Burnley district and Teesside being the two exceptions) but it can't be the nicest place in the world to live. Who knows maybe I am totally wrong and it is a really nice place. Answer me this is it as nice as Bolton?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Just been browsing The UK Peace Index report and I see that outside of darkest London, Thanet is among the least peaceful places in the south.

You heard it here first.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Enoch wrote:Just been browsing The UK Peace Index report and I see that outside of darkest London, Thanet is among the least peaceful places in the south.

You heard it here first.
I know a girl from Thanet.

Her given name was Janet and she's doing ... very well.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:06 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Enoch wrote:Just been browsing The UK Peace Index report and I see that outside of darkest London, Thanet is among the least peaceful places in the south.

You heard it here first.

Ian Dury?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

You heard it here first.

Ian Dury?
Billerickay Dickie
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

You heard it here first.

Ian Dury?
[/quote]Billericay Dickie.

Proper words were :
I'd rendezvous with Janet
quite near the Isle of Thanet.
She looked more like a gannet
she wasn't half a prannet.
Her mother tried to ban it.
Her father helped me plan it
and when I captured Janet,
she bruised her pomegranet !
Last edited by bobo the clown on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

You heard it here first.

Ian Dury?
Billerickay Dickie
Thowt so. As a complete aside, if you ever get the chance to see The Blockheads play then you must. Tightest rhythm section I've ever seen (and I include Squeeze in that).

My favourite (from This is What We Find)

Home improvement expert Harold Hill of Harold Hill
Of Do-It-Yourself dexterity, and double glazing skill
Came home to find another gentleman's kippers in the grill
So he sanded off his winkle with his Black and Decker drill :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Blockheads indeed still astonishingly tight. But it made me think of this looser ensemble:

"I'm on another planet, she's on the Isle of Thanet"
She's in Broadstairs, Half Man Half Biscuit

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Listening to Warts 'n' Audience through Spotify now. Awesome. :)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Back in the day, I saw Kilburn and the High Roads a good dozen times. Sadly never seen the Blockheads, cracking stuff though. On Betamax somewhere I've got a documentary Dury made not long before he died, it includes quite a bit of live footage that was shot just for the program.

A great rendition of Spasticus Autisticus.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Long been a favourite band of mine.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Enoch wrote:Back in the day, I saw Kilburn and the High Roads a good dozen times. Sadly never seen the Blockheads
That absolutely amazes me. Any reason? Haaaaaaaaaalf a Quid, mate. Stands to reason. Hold your horses. How's your father? :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Got Sex and Drugs and Rock n Roll, the film about him starring Andy Serkis aka Gollum. Still not watched it, supposed to be brilliant.