The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Twenty-fcuking-five-fcuking-grand-afucking-week?

For Matt-fcuking-Mills??

Someone wants fcuking.
Isn't that roughly what we pay Knightmare, too?
Well Knightmare managed to play most of our games last season - not convinced Mills would get in, in front of him, fully fit.
Well yes, but your post related specifically to the amount of money that he's paid, not his attendance record. Furthermore, we actually had to buy Mills off of Leicester, so I can understand him commanding emoluments in that region. However, Knight was a free agent without a single other club in for him. Another fiscal masterstroke by the goofy, clueless c*nt.

Knight > a fully fit Mills? Not for me.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:27 am

bobo the clown wrote:I think guesses about earnings are always just that, guesses
bobo the clown wrote:As I've said before .... the more you find out about what happened under that guy, the worse that sod appears.
bobo the clown wrote:Tell you what though .... I'd have swapped him for Warnock (the player, not the manager).
So you admit that you don't actually know how much he's earning but then use that as the basis for another rant about the manager who signed him, whilst praising Warnock, who er, the same manager signed. 'Clown' by name...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri May 24, 2013 11:31 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:But is Haris Vuckic better than Simon Vuckevic, that is the question.
Hang about. I thought that, 'To be, or not to be'? was THE question?? I'm all confused now.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri May 24, 2013 11:33 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:But is Haris Vuckic better than Simon Vuckevic, that is the question.
Hang about. I thought that, 'To be, or not to be'? was THE question?? I'm all confused now.
No, Shakespeare was misquoted.
He did actually ask about them two footballers.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 24, 2013 11:33 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
tubby or not tubby... is Vuckic the new Jardel?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 24, 2013 11:33 am

BL3 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I think guesses about earnings are always just that, guesses
bobo the clown wrote:As I've said before .... the more you find out about what happened under that guy, the worse that sod appears.
bobo the clown wrote:Tell you what though .... I'd have swapped him for Warnock (the player, not the manager).
So you admit that you don't actually know how much he's earning but then use that as the basis for another rant about the manager who signed him, whilst praising Warnock, who er, the same manager signed. 'Clown' by name...
I've just worked it out, you are Tony McGrory and I'll claim my £5 now please!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 24, 2013 11:34 am

toby or not toby - are we really signing Alderweireld?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri May 24, 2013 11:37 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
No, Shakespeare was misquoted.
He did actually ask about them two footballers.
Well i'll be blowed, so to speak. Being on here is a complete education.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri May 24, 2013 11:41 am

thebish wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
tubby or not tubby... is Vuckic the new Jardel?
Dammit. I knew that hearing aid needed replacing.

Back on topic, I have a very very vague recollection of this Vuckic. I'd rather we went for a proven goalscorer, that has played and scored a few recently tbh.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 24, 2013 11:47 am

Burnden Paddock wrote: Back on topic, I have a very very vague recollection of this Vuckic. I'd rather we went for a proven goalscorer, that has played and scored a few recently tbh.
I very much doubt Freedman has Vuckic down as a goalscorer... Vuckic is a midfielder and has only scored a handful of goals in his entire senior career...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 pm

thebish wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote: Back on topic, I have a very very vague recollection of this Vuckic. I'd rather we went for a proven goalscorer, that has played and scored a few recently tbh.
I very much doubt Freedman has Vuckic down as a goalscorer... Vuckic is a midfielder and has only scored a handful of goals in his entire senior career...
Bollocks. I read that earlier comment the wrong way around, didn't I? I'm not having a good day. :cry:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Twenty-fcuking-five-fcuking-grand-afucking-week?

For Matt-fcuking-Mills??

Someone wants fcuking.
Isn't that roughly what we pay Knightmare, too?
Well Knightmare managed to play most of our games last season - not convinced Mills would get in, in front of him, fully fit.
Well yes, but your post related specifically to the amount of money that he's paid, not his attendance record. Furthermore, we actually had to buy Mills off of Leicester, so I can understand him commanding emoluments in that region. However, Knight was a free agent without a single other club in for him. Another fiscal masterstroke by the goofy, clueless c*nt.

Knight > a fully fit Mills? Not for me.
We paid £4m for Knight.. Or do you mean when we extended his deal?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 24, 2013 12:40 pm

boltonboris wrote: We paid £4m for Knight.. Or do you mean when we extended his deal?
He had no deal. He was a free agent with no takers. And did you have to remind me that we once spunked £4m on him? :(

borgetti_wanderers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by borgetti_wanderers » Fri May 24, 2013 12:52 pm

thebish wrote:toby or not toby - are we really signing Alderweireld?
Where's this rumour appeared from?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote: We paid £4m for Knight.. Or do you mean when we extended his deal?
He had no deal. He was a free agent with no takers. And did you have to remind me that we once spunked £4m on him? :(
On the basis that Mills was £1m so his "emoluments" [sic] were fine at £25k per week, maybe we should be paying Zat £100k a week as we bought him off a Premier League club for £4m? :mrgreen:

I can't remember, wasn't it Megson that bought him rather than Coyle?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Megson bought Knight and Ricketts, on the same day or thereabouts.

Mills deal is interesting, in the way I suspected this summer would be. Any fanny can sign players, it's getting rid of the duffers that's harder. Mills may not have been front of the get-shut queue but it's clever to identify the manager he played best under needs a centre-back and try to come to a deal. As for paying part of his wages to do so, I guess we'd try not to but it's worth noting that there were some folk on here who were happy with the January rumour that we were going to pay off Knight and Ricketts just to get rid. Yes, Mills would be playing for a rival but so could anybody released on a free; I guess the question comes down to whether you'd rather pay somebody £25kpw to not play or say £10kpw to play for some other buggers. Neither is perfect but if it frees up wage money...

borgetti_wanderers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by borgetti_wanderers » Fri May 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Personally, i'd like to see the backs of Tyrone Mears and Matt Mills but that's it. Andrews is a good squad player who has experience in this division. He struggled mid season last year but he was carrying that achilles injury.

Wouldn't be surprised if either goalkeeper left or if N'Gog was bought by a mid table side prem side. Other than that injuries have saved us i think from losing our best assets (Holden, Mavies and Chungy returning).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
On the basis that Mills was £1m so his "emolument" [sic] were fine at £25k per week, maybe we should be paying Zat £100k a week as we bought him off a Premier League club for £4m? :mrgreen:

I can't remember, wasn't it Megson that bought him rather than Coyle?
Oh dear!

Yes it was Megson that bought him initially, but that's irrelevant to my remarks - which refer to Coyle re-signing him.

I can see that you need it spelling out ;) . Coyle had no competition for his signature, even by July not a single other club had shown any interest. Knight was jobless, out of work, drawing zero income, so Coyle could have even offered him a pay-as-you-play, but instead chose to pay him £25k a week, which, seemingly, is the sort of money you have to pay a £1m player to entice him away from another club.

BTW. I dread to think what we were actually paying Knight after we did sign him for £4m.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 24, 2013 2:07 pm

I don't think the manager sits at the negotiating table (I wonder if they have special table that they use solely for negotiations) in fairness to Coyle. It would have been up to Gartside to sort the wages out I imagine..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri May 24, 2013 2:26 pm

I thought he'd signed on a vastly reduced deal. Maybe I imagined those words, but I think I read them. Could still be a fair wedge though. What's the highest weekly wage we've ever paid out do you think? Anelka? Elmander?