Club Rebranding

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: Club Rebranding

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu May 30, 2013 10:44 am

Yep and while we're at it lets pay potential transfer targets in washers and free pasties.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu May 30, 2013 10:48 am

Or we could get them a loan sorted out by Quickqu....oh hang on :(
Pfffft.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 am

Do we "really" need 'apostrophes' "everywhere" to 'highlight" or 'imply' some shit or other. " :conf: "
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 30, 2013 11:01 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Do we "really" need 'apostrophes' "everywhere" to 'highlight" or 'imply' some shit or other. " :conf: "
"Yes"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 30, 2013 11:02 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Do we "really" need 'apostrophes' "everywhere" to 'highlight" or 'imply' some shit or other. " :conf: "
Absolutely not, hang on...

Yeah it's ridiculous. Some people just love a cause (I don't really think it's a cause I'm just using the word in a semi-ironic way to mock the self-importance of people who think it is) get stuck into. Bet half the outraged ones never come to games or buy stuff anyway.
It's simple, you don't like it have your say to the club and don't buy the shirt. Lots of people do that, point made and let's get on with supporting the club.

That's better, much easier too.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:It's a bit cringeworthy as sponsors go. I must admit I can't get too worked up about it though.

At least it's not Wonga. I would never tire of smacking that wobbly-mouthed cockney on their earlier ads. Don't get me started on Betty, Earl and Joyce either! I'd melt them buggers.
You're on first name terms with some sponge puppets? :shock:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu May 30, 2013 11:31 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:It's a bit cringeworthy as sponsors go. I must admit I can't get too worked up about it though.

At least it's not Wonga. I would never tire of smacking that wobbly-mouthed cockney on their earlier ads. Don't get me started on Betty, Earl and Joyce either! I'd melt them buggers.
Isn't everyone? :oyea:

Go on then, what's their surnames?
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu May 30, 2013 11:39 am

Swollocks?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu May 30, 2013 11:55 am

Will they be financing our transfers from now on? Will they be providing our overdraft facility? Will we be borrowing the wage bill for a month, just to tide us over.

Does this mean our (hypothetical) £100000000 debt will become £423700000000.00p (+ £3000000 handling fee) next week?

Set of c*nts, by the way. If you find yourself defending their business model, I sincerely hope you find yourself in the position of having no alternative but to use one, one day. Thats the worst I can come up with.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Will they be financing our transfers from now on? Will they be providing our overdraft facility? Will we be borrowing the wage bill for a month, just to tide us over.

Does this mean our (hypothetical) £100000000 debt will become £423700000000.00p (+ £3000000 handling fee) next week?

Set of c*nts, by the way. If you find yourself defending their business model, I sincerely hope you find yourself in the position of having no alternative but to use one, one day. Thats the worst I can come up with.
Lets say that hypothetically someone found themselves in the position of having "no choice" but to use one of these companies.....that presumably means they have a cashflow problem and need money urgently.

So assuming these "c*nts" weren't there, what would in that scenario said person do, in order to get the money they need as a result of the "no choice" situation?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Isn't everyone? :oyea:

Go on then, what's their surnames?
You know the answer, don't you? You do!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:30 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:So there is now a facebook "page" set up to protest against the "choice" of quickquid as sponsor and apparently they are arranging some sort of "protest" for 5pm today.

Good god. Why are these people so stupid?

There is talk on the page of how instead of having quickquid, BWFC should have Bolton Hospice on the shits and PAY for the privilige via donations. I'm not being funny but I'm willing to be these will be the very same people who will moan when we don't spend millions on new players, moan that we're in debt and moan that prices have gone up.

I don't mind people who aren't "happy" with the sponsor, I mean nobody would CHOOSE to have quickquid all over the shirts. But I do get irked that there seems to be a moral crusade from people who I suspect will hardly have that strong of a moral compass.

But the best part was "instead of being sponsored we should donate to help the heroes". Yeah of course. Brilliant.
Yeah it's ridiculous. Some people just love a 'cause' to get stuck into. Bet half the outraged ones never come to games or buy stuff anyway.
It's simple, you don't like it have your say to the club and don't buy the shirt. Lots of people do that, point made and let's get on with supporting the club.
The bit in bold is so true. An aquaintance of mine loves to protest about anything, is the union rep at work, send her kids with signs sporting are troops etc. She's going to protest today at 5. Bet she couldn't even tell me the name of our chairman, you know, the guy she's protesting about (I assume they are protesting about Gartside choosing Quick Quid as well as the morality of it all....)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:38 pm

fckin' city pricks on twitter "gartside out"-ing

First Advice sacked all their staff via Text Message from a big yacht in the sea IIRC when it went bump

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:08 pm

I'd love for the kit to be something similar to this

NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 30, 2013 3:19 pm

^ It could be. You just need to support a different team. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 30, 2013 3:34 pm

A Carrs Pasties sign surmounted by a Bolton badge (with an elephant) should keep everybody happy. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Don't like it, won't buy the shirt, feckin' immoral tw*ts ripping off the poor! Gartside's a first class tool at times, No sympathy for any flack he gets.
What will happen to our sponsors once the FSA gets their teeth into these bandits? Might cost the club in the long run.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu May 30, 2013 4:17 pm

a1 wrote:fckin' city pricks on twitter "gartside out"-ing

First Advice sacked all their staff via Text Message from a big yacht in the sea IIRC when it went bump
The same citeh who were happy to be owned by Shinawatara (sp. V approx).? THAT citeh ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:49 pm

BWFC Facebook now showing 6/6/13 as the reveal date for the next kit...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 30, 2013 6:00 pm

truewhite15 wrote:BWFC Facebook now showing 6/6/13 as the reveal date for the next kit...
Strange.. It was suppose to be early June. Something being changed? hmmmm :conf: