Marc Tierney deal agreed

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Marc Tierney deal agreed

Post by mrkint » Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 am

(in principle)

https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status ... 5006983168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status ... 6755820544" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bolton Wanderers can announce they have agreed a deal in principle with Marc Tierney to join the club. #BWFC
The 27-year-old left-back will officially be registered as a Bolton player when his current contract at Norwich City expires. #BWFC

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Marc Tierney deal agreed

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:27 pm

He is alright IMO not to dissimilar from Alonso but then I always thought Alonso was par.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Simon Charlton let's his feelings been known on the deal:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/10460606._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:44 am

Seems like Dougie is trying to bring in team leaders, players who aren't afraid of digging deep and fighting... Alex Baptiste seems to be of the same mold aswell!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:31 am

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:Seems like Dougie is trying to bring in team leaders, players who aren't afraid of digging deep and fighting... Alex Baptiste seems to be of the same mold aswell!
Well, if he's spotted that as a flaw I'm not going to be disagreeing.

We have certainly progressively lost that ability to dig in. It's not really something that can be taught I believe ... it has to be within. Even someone as skilled as Cahill lacked that in my view. Go back to the Allardyce days and at times we had 4 national captains on the pitch. Talent is vital but the ability to dig in is also.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:36 pm

We have players with ability. Far more than most in the division.. But half of them are shithouses with a real mental weakness. They proved this for 2 years when it counted.

I'm glad we're rectifying this, but I hope it's not to the detriment of skill... I don't know enough about Tierney to comment on that mind..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Tierney was seen as the backbone of Lambert's Norwich side that got promoted to Premier League. Fans think highly of him and the only reason we're getting him is they have signed another LB and Tierney had been out injured at the beginning of the season
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:01 pm

JG Tierney, a surveyor who drowned on December 20th 1922, is generally acknowledged to have been the first of 122 men to die in the construction of the Hoover Dam. The last of the 122 men was Patrick W Tierney, his son, who died 13 years later to the day.

Nothing to do with football, but mildly interesting.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:JG Tierney, a surveyor who drowned on December 20th 1922, is generally acknowledged to have been the first of 122 men to die in the construction of the Hoover Dam. The last of the 122 men was Patrick W Tierney, his son, who died 13 years later to the day.

Mildly interesting. :evil: fecking tragic if you're a Tierney. Which I'm not by the way... :P
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:JG Tierney, a surveyor who drowned on December 20th 1922, is generally acknowledged to have been the first of 122 men to die in the construction of the Hoover Dam. The last of the 122 men was Patrick W Tierney, his son, who died 13 years later to the day.

You searched 'tierney' and 'capable of holding back a lot of pressure' didn't you.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:20 pm

mrkint wrote:You searched 'tierney' and 'capable of holding back a lot of pressure' didn't you.
Ha! No, I watched a PBS documentary about the Hoover Dam. I'm old and I don't care. :D