Club Rebranding

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Club Rebranding

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:25 pm

FibrLec out!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I'll be blunt. If this costs us money I'll be fecked off.
Well it's bound to. No doubts the 'protestors' will claim it'll be made up for in shirt sales.

It won't be.

Not even close.

But hey they'll all be moaning again in August when we haven't broken the bank for this years, Jimmy Bullard.....

why is it "bound to" - how the feck would any one of us know? and are you really suggesting that the difference would be make-or-break on a player signing?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:39 pm

a1 wrote:the purple place guy wont be back, he played that like some crazy chess brinksmanship with a free advert in the paper.

seemed very "we can get some free PR out of this"

still not sure he ever had an advertisment board.
Annoying thing is, I live in Bolton and had never heard of them. Until all this shit!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:49 pm

I think its great.

Mostly because its got so many people hot under the collar. Perhaps you should organise a "protest" of "your own"?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:30 am

If the club were losing sponsorship from other organisations as a result of QuickQuid, plus the projected reduction in replica shirt sales, then maybe it was financially viable to tell QuickQuid to feck right off?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:55 am

Don't be daft, how could any of this have anything to do with money?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Well it's bound to. No doubts the 'protestors' will claim it'll be made up for in shirt sales.

It won't be.

Not even close.

But hey they'll all be moaning again in August when we haven't broken the bank for this years, Jimmy Bullard.....
Our last set of published accounts had us turning over £65m, with a £55m wage bill, making £22m losses and edging to £137m in debt. We paid at least one director a salary of over £400,000.

While the first two of those numbers at least will have shrunk since we got relegated, we've continued to spend good money on players (Mills) and brought in big earning bosman transfers (Derby County's chairman recently described Alex Baptiste's wage demands as 'eye-watering' and said he doubted any team in the division could afford them).

The point is, we're chucking money around for fun. £250k seems a very small price to pay to make supporters happy and make them feel as though their football club still listens.

If, in a very unlikely scenario, this summer we end up £250k short when trying to buy a player who will significantly alter our chances of promotion, I'll be looking at the money we've pissed away over recent years on average players, agents, shit coaches etc. rather than the money we've turned down from Quick Quid.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:45 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Don't be daft, how could any of this have anything to do with money?
it's not really the point. it got used to kick bolton wanderers for doing what they all do.

could see it a mile off. some toolbags still believe that landmines bollox.

these twitter crusades, i dunno, its like half arsed.. "what ? write a letter ? what , and put it in a envelope with a stamp on ? and address it to the actual person who runs said company ?... is it not easier to text me mates , and get them to text their mates , and so on.. til the head of the company's secretery hears about it from her mother and maybe then she'll tell him?"

twitter stuff doesnt even seemed to be archived properly.

not even famous for 15 minutes. but some dick'll be all "that's coz of me that" in six months time.
Last edited by a1 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 am

Come again?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 am

and..

Having a Loan company on the front of the shirt is a no-no , but changing the actual shirt EVERY 12 MONTHS is ok ?

there's a big wooden horse getting sneeked passed.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:34 am

a1 wrote:i know its kinda counter intuiative , but i'd tell the likes off boothsmusic and purple place and anyone else that threw a paddy over it to feck off still.

the big babies
This.
Businesswoman of the year.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:35 am

Lord Kangana wrote:I think its great.

Mostly because its got so many people hot under the collar. Perhaps you should organise a "protest" of "your own"?
This.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:35 am

a1 wrote:and..

Having a Loan company on the front of the shirt is a no-no , but changing the actual shirt EVERY 12 MONTHS is ok ?

there's a big wooden horse getting sneeked passed.
And this.

$huttgun
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by $huttgun » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:46 am

I really like the new badge. I wasn't too bothered about quick quid because I'd sooner the wanderers were spunking blood money than no money at all.
I also agree that we should bin booths and the other cry babies.
I'm really excited for the new shirt's release - I hope it's like the liverpool new one. :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:47 am

Wasn't the shirt itself supposed to be revealed last night? Or did I miss it in all this excitement?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:00 am

ELE-fecking-PHUNTS.
I'm organising a protest. I've signed it. Who wants the letter next, you can post it on to the next person once you've signed it. That'll make them listen...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:04 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

It won't be.

Not even close.

why is it "bound to" - how the feck would any one of us know? and are you really suggesting that the difference would be make-or-break on a player signing?
Fibrlec are a spin out company from the University of Bolton formed just 3 months ago. They don't have their own website (other than a page on the University of Bolton website), and from what I can tell employ about 3 people.

I think it's fairly safe to assume, in fact more than assume that they are not giving Bolton Wanderers Football Club anywhere near, the fee that Quick Quid were. In fact I'd not be surprised if they weren't giving them a penny.

And people talk about these deals like they are just a lump sum payment for a name on a shirt. That's only part of it. Quick Quid were going to fund a lot of community projects that Bolton Wanderers run on top of that.

So either those projects are dropped or The University of Bolton step in (chortle) or Eddie Davies digs deep yet again.

So we might have lost a direct £500K (which yes could well be the difference between a player signing and not, quite quite feasibly). But who knows what other initiatives we'll end up paying for.

It's fine to take the moral high ground, but I just think playing down £500K plus as being "insignificant" is disingenuous. It is in fact 7.7% of our turnover.

So would all those protestors be happy to give up 7.7% of their annual salaries to donate to fibrlec? I mean they are a new "moral" company.

And if you're taking home £20,000 a year it's only £1520 they'd have to sacrifice! Insignificant!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:11 am

^just to confirm a tiny detail... the QuickQuid £500,000 number you are using to compare to the Fibrlec £0 number are guesses?

and - the community projects - what were they and which of them will BWFC now have to fund?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:12 am

^
1. You don't know that Quick Quid was pumping £500,000 into BWFC. That is, to be blunt, a made up figure off the top of your head.
2. You don't know that FibrLec are putting zero £ spondulicks into BWFC. That is again a made up figure right off the very top of your head.
Therefore 1-2= pure speculation as to how much Bolton Wanderers are missing out on this sponsorship.

[Edit: beaten to it by theBish. I think I'm saying the very same thing.]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 am

F*ck me, will wonders never cease, the idiot that calls out our manager as a cancer is defending to the hilt Quick Quid. Sort your head out man.