2013/2014 fixtures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: 2013/2014 fixtures

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Ok on to my next concern myself and 25 cocky Reading lads are coming to the Bok for the game and we will be getting up there early and staying over as we are using it as a little reunion party now that we have all finished school and we will all be going our separate ways. Being a Bolton lad and being its my club and my town (well I come form Horwich but mah) I have been designated as official tour guide so ....
1. where in Bolton and surrounding area do I take them
2. Being that some of them are very lippy after a few drinks how do I stop them getting done in/taught a lesson they need to learn
3.Being that apart from 1 of them they have never been to "the grim north" before and many of them talk to a trip to Southampton like a trip its a trip to Burnley how do I prepare them for the harsh realities of what they will see given that they think Oxford is rough
4.Where is better for a night out Bolton or Chorley (or any other suggestions you wish to throw in) keeping in mind my 2nd question.

I have some thoughts on these questions but would love your advice given that I have not lived in Bolton for 10 years especially as being tasked with looking after such a large group of them is going to be a bit of a task (I can obviously recreate a Boltonian accent to a tee on the spot if need be.)
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 pm

I understand it is going to be a shock to them as they live one of the nicest parts of Britain and I know Bolton is not Burnley but lets be honest it is not exactly a thriving town. I also want to point out that I now there is a lot of things you can get away with in Reading that you just wont get away with in Bolton town centre full stop. I will obviously be a Boltonian Bolton fan surrounded by these soft southerners supporting the rubbish Reading fans who will probably be to scared to even look anybody in the eye until the booze starts flowing. I am the only one of the group who does not drink and therefore will have even more responsibility in terms of looking after them. I was also wandering how easy it would be to get into Harvester/Yates will they just need their tickets or will they need to be staying in the premier inn in order to get in there. Your advice would be massively appreciated. Wish me luck!
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Stay in Reading.....

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Well they are all going to the game anyway, however I have made it very clear to them going around Bolton with a big mouth will do none of use any good. The problem is that they like most lads from this part of the world wanabee cockneys with that horrid accent and have some of the atitidude that goes with it despite living in Berkshire, I will suggest that Reading is probably going to be a safer night out how ever if they still continue to look to go out in Bolton/Chorley then my hands will be to some extend tied. They just don't get it that Bolton is a different world to Reading and while it is not bedlam it Is dangerous if you are going to be gobby, you can get away with being lippy on a Saturday night in Reading whereas we all know you cant in Bolton and certainly not in Chorley "where people come to fight". I suppose it may be a good day for some wannabee hard Reading fans to learn that actually they are soft as sh*te and that they are a long way from the real world in leafy Berkshire.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Just take them out in town, they get a smack, maybe next time they'll learn to keep their mouth shut !

I now live in North Wales and I've been over to Bolton after a match with lots of Liverpool fans and we've never had any hassle. Then again probably a bit older than your crowd, but never had any bother. Basically what I'm saying if your a nice person you'll get a smack if your a nice person in the North, South, East or West !

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I understand it is going to be a shock to them as they live one of the nicest parts of Britain and I know Bolton is not Burnley but lets be honest it is not exactly a thriving town. I also want to point out that I now there is a lot of things you can get away with in Reading that you just wont get away with in Bolton town centre full stop. I will obviously be a Boltonian Bolton fan surrounded by these soft southerners supporting the rubbish Reading fans who will probably be to scared to even look anybody in the eye until the booze starts flowing. I am the only one of the group who does not drink and therefore will have even more responsibility in terms of looking after them. I was also wandering how easy it would be to get into Harvester/Yates will they just need their tickets or will they need to be staying in the premier inn in order to get in there. Your advice would be massively appreciated. Wish me luck!
Oh and one last point where do get the fact that Reading is one of the nicest places in Britain :crazy:
Last time i went it was a shit hole full of roundabouts ??

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Well I have seen them be very goby in Reading on numerous occasions and get away with it because people in this part of the world don't even make threats let alone act violently. Some of them are awful when there is just a couple of them so god forbid what they are like when there is 25 of them on a away trip (I have not even thought about what state they will be in by the time they get to Bolton). I am more worried about how I am going to calm a volatile situation when I will have my foot in both camps.

an example of some of the comments made towards woman and their partners who were on there way to royal ascot the other day
":whistle" followed by "good to see Ascot still attracting prostitutes" and finally to one of the blokes "oi mate what is it like to be seen with a prostitute" now given that this was a group of 4 of the lads going to the Bok who were not intoxicated in the slightest and were just shouting at groups of people going to Ascot races what do you think they will be like when their is 25 of them. Basically I would just like to avoid getting done in and hopefully the same can be said for my mates, but it is not exactly like I can leave them to fend for themselves however I will not be happy if I end up getting done in by my own people (fellow Boltonians) because a few Reading lads got a bit lippy. Lets be honest there a large numbers of young lads who frequent Bolton town centre (and most town centres in this country, but not Reading) on a Friday night looking for a tear up and I know that if your average group of Boltonians were to get in a argument with the lads from my school then there would only be one winner and it is not going to be the Reading lads. The thought of a situation arising between my school mates and one of the many skinhead/stone island/hooligan groups that frequent Bolton (like many other northern mills towns after a footy match) does not fill me with great pleasure. I suppose if a few of them were to get done then it would ensure they won't make the same mistake in the future. Wanabee cokneys.....

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:17 pm

You really are a tosser.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Ok I will bite, most of the lads like myself live 9 miles down the road from Reading in Wokingham which in 2010 was voted the best place to live in Britain. Bolton is not a shithole (although they will invariably all think it is) but it is not exactly the ritz.
Wokinghamhttp://www.uklocalarea.com/index.php?q=wokingham
Bolton http://www.uklocalarea.com/index.php?q=bolton
Realistically that would tell you they are different worlds away however I don't think Bolton is as bad as that website will portray to you (in fact I know its not).
I am just making the point that these lads are completely cut off by living in Wokingham and do not know what most of England is really like. I am not having a pop at my town because I am Boltonian and will always be referd to as such by everybody who I know, in simple I care much much more for Bolton as a town then I ever will for Reading and I will always care much much more for Horwich then I ever will for Wokingham. In fact I am looking to move back ASAP.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:You really are a tosser.
Go on then talk up. Why

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Spot on :D

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:28 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Go on then talk up. Why

Go on I've nothing better to do at the moment, so I'll bite.

Inane drivel comes from your keyboard. Who gives a shite about 25 toffee nosed wankers from Wokingham, and whether they get what they deserve. Stop at home and problem solved. If they're all like you, and talk as much shite as you then good luck.
Born to be a Wanderer!!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Fair enough, they don"t talk as much shite as you put is as me but they are a lot more gobby and a lot more cockney. Maybe your right I should let em get one hell of a kicking if it is what they deserve. Thank you for you the advice.

Please remember that I am one of your "tossers" as you put it, I am on your side, you all know I am a Bolton fan as you some of you have seen me at games and the only reason I really joined this forum was to talk about Bolton. So why such remarks as WUM and tosser, I don't know but just remember where my allegiances are.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Then look at the thread name (Fixtures 2013-2014), and stop drivelling on about some stupid kids being lippy.
Go to other topics or somewhere else, then if people don't want to read your drivel, it can be ignored.
Born to be a Wanderer!!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:52 pm

apologies to all I may have peed off with this chat, admittedly it went a bit far.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:05 pm

I've never liked Reading as a team


Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:03 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote: they are a lot more gobby and a lot more cockney.
Didn't know you that can hear Bow Bells from 10 miles down the M4? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote: they are a lot more gobby and a lot more cockney.
Didn't know you that can hear Bow Bells from 10 miles down the M4? :conf:

Dan, that Bow is correct by the way, it shouldn't read Cow !! :wink:
Born to be a Wanderer!!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:10 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Fair enough, they don"t talk as much shite as you put is as me but they are a lot more gobby and a lot more cockney. Maybe your right I should let em get one hell of a kicking if it is what they deserve. Thank you for you the advice.

Please remember that I am one of your "tossers" as you put it, I am on your side, you all know I am a Bolton fan as you some of you have seen me at games and the only reason I really joined this forum was to talk about Bolton. So why such remarks as WUM and tosser, I don't know but just remember where my allegiances are.

Dan. This really is very simple. If you think your 'mates' won't behave you need to separate yourself from them. Asking for advice like this makes you look like a WUM, even if you really are the misunderstood innocent you make yourself out to be.

The stuff you come out with is infantile. Really, really childish. There are no 'sides' to this. If your friends, as outsiders, walk into any town centre with the attitude that your 'friends' exhibited regarding Ascot, you will attract the attention of more than football fans. Every not right in town will be looking for the 'Cockney' mob.

By the way, the Bells of St Mary-le-Bow in East London are more than 45 miles from Reading. Your mates are about as Cockney as they are residents of Southampton.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:16 pm

(Sigh)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".