The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:40 pm

thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Nixon says Nugent has injured himself in training and could be the reason for the delay on Beckford.
bugger... looks like we'll have to take rhodes instead...
Never likely I suppose. If those loons who run the place want him off the wage bill you never know though.

1339:
FOOTBALL
Jordan Rhodes says he wants to stay at Blackburn after reports linked him with a move to Bolton.

Striker Rhodes scored 28 times for Rovers last season, following his £8m transfer from Huddersfield last August.

He tells BBC Radio Lancashire: "I love coming into Blackburn Rovers because it's a fantastic environment. We're going to have a really good team spirit this year and it's something I want to be a part of. For as long as I'm welcome, you're stuck with me."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:22 pm

I think all this Rhodes stuff is a load of bluster.

Nixon has said "Freedman wants Rhodes" and "Blackburn need cash" and "Eddie is backing Dougie with cash".

All three are no doubt true, Dougie has pretty much confirmed 1 and 3. But that is a long long way from Blackburn being prepared to sell Rhodes, to us, at a price we can afford and want to pay, and Rhodes wanting to come here, and no premiership team stepping in the middle of it.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Don't think its bluster, but everything you've said is true - all of them are needed for any transfer to happen

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Sorry I mean the way it is presented is bluster. Nixon will be right but he's not actually saying we are signing Rhodes, just that we'd like to.

People get all giddy yet he's given no real indication yet that it is possible. Is all I mean.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:19 pm

thats why Nixon has a fantastic job. Its all rumours, everyone is hungry for them. He can suggest things are in the offing ( FWIW I do think he's pretty ITK). However theres a 1001 reasons why they might not materialise which gets him off the hook, and from his perspective he gets paid for doing it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:24 pm

I thought his words were that we were "in for him"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:34 pm

only way is to ask him what he means - are we thinking about it, have we just alerted press to our interest, have we made informal or formal enquiry to them, have we made a bid.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:48 pm

I'm blocked! :-)

I don't think he'd commint himself to answering any one of those questions anyway, in fairness

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:51 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'm blocked! :-)

I don't think he'd commint himself to answering any one of those questions anyway, in fairness
Loads are asking him, all he is saying is that Dougie wants him and he can't at this stage say anymore.

He's been hinting that other clubs are coming in though.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:52 pm

So is Rhodes on the list or not? :conf:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:53 pm

If it's true he's available for £5.5m, there'll be interest everywhere

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:01 pm

whish makes me think that the negotiations/ deal were reasonably advanced, otherwise Nixon wouldn't have revealed it. As said earlier the biggest problem is someone else coming in.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:05 pm

In a way, he doesn't owe it to us to keep it under wraps.. He needs to report stories as quickly as he can to earn money, but at the same time, he'd have to be careful not to piss anybody off

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:40 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:whish makes me think that the negotiations/ deal were reasonably advanced, otherwise Nixon wouldn't have revealed it. As said earlier the biggest problem is someone else coming in.
I think you're getting too giddy, if it was that advanced he'd have written a story saying so. And the Blackburn manager wouldn't be doing press saying 'Rhodes isn't for sale'.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Sorry I mean the way it is presented is bluster. Nixon will be right but he's not actually saying we are signing Rhodes, just that we'd like to.

People get all giddy yet he's given no real indication yet that it is possible. Is all I mean.
who's getting giddy??

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:whish makes me think that the negotiations/ deal were reasonably advanced, otherwise Nixon wouldn't have revealed it. As said earlier the biggest problem is someone else coming in.
I think you're getting too giddy, if it was that advanced he'd have written a story saying so. And the Blackburn manager wouldn't be doing press saying 'Rhodes isn't for sale'.
Anywhere other than Blackburn and that would nail the matter @!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:40 pm

I think you're getting too giddy, if it was that advanced he'd have written a story saying so. And the Blackburn manager wouldn't be doing press saying 'Rhodes isn't for sale'.[/quote
]

Not really, just tend to think that the money men increasingly have these conversations without managers knowledge. Everything I've seen recently at Blackburn makes me think it must be a difficult job for the manager there, with the mob in control and Shebby Singh saying he does the deals. Managers will always chuck out smoke and mirrors but in this instance I think he wouldn't have a clue what the Venkys are up to.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:51 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
I think you're getting too giddy, if it was that advanced he'd have written a story saying so. And the Blackburn manager wouldn't be doing press saying 'Rhodes isn't for sale'.[/quote
]

Not really, just tend to think that the money men increasingly have these conversations without managers knowledge. Everything I've seen recently at Blackburn makes me think it must be a difficult job for the manager there, with the mob in control and Shebby Singh saying he does the deals. Managers will always chuck out smoke and mirrors but in this instance I think he wouldn't have a clue what the Venkys are up to.
Yeah that is true. I still think its unlikely.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
]

stop being so giddy!! :roll:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:29 pm

boltonboris wrote:Eagles will be our creative outlet. Is he better than Eagles?
Yes
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.