The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:NGog or Sordell being bid for would hardly be a shock. Unless the surprise was Moyes was in for them.

I'd go with Eaves or Craig Davies or possibly Zach Clough. Mind we were meant to be announcing Beckford this morning and haven't so 2+2=?
Eaves is injured (again) isn't he ?

Craig Davies would be a surprise but he (& Dougie) must feel he's a bit surplus.

If it was Clough I'd be pissed about it. I really want to see him come through this year.
Eaves is injured for the next couple of weeks, but then so is Rooney. So I don't think that would rule out a bid.

Craig Davies - personally I'd like to keep him because I think he offers something in that target man role, but he will be in and out at best.

Clough - Assuming it isn't him will go somewhere on loan this season from what I've heard, like Eaves last season. Won't be playing for us anyroad.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:NGog or Sordell being bid for would hardly be a shock. Unless the surprise was Moyes was in for them.

I'd go with Eaves or Craig Davies or possibly Zach Clough. Mind we were meant to be announcing Beckford this morning and haven't so 2+2=?
unless the shock is that Coyle is in for them

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:59 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:

Why would that be shocking? Coyle in for one of his ex players must surely be one of the least shocking things that could happen!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:04 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
mrkint wrote:Aye, but someone on twittersphere also reckons Chelsea bid £10m and Mata for Rooney.
...and that MU turned it down.
The funniest part of that is that "Sky sources" say they offered Mata or Luiz plus 10 million.
"Sky sources"? Heh. Step away from the Twitter feed, lads.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:

Why would that be shocking? Coyle in for one of his ex players must surely be one of the least shocking things that could happen!
Was thinking more about fan emotion around the relative status of Wigan & Bolton - unless its a good price, its someone we want rid of, etc etc

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:17 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:unless the shock is that Coyle is in for them
... it'd be a bloody shock if he came in for Sordell !!

An even bigger one if Sordell said "oh, yes boss ... coz you did soooo much for my career."
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:18 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:

Was thinking more about fan emotion around the relative status of Wigan & Bolton - unless its a good price, its someone we want rid of, etc etc
It doesn't matter who bids for a player we'll sell if the price is deemed right. Same with Wigan if we wanted to buy any of their players.

Fan emotion doesn't come into it and is a bizarre concept anyhow. I'd gladly sell any of our strikers to Wigan if the price is right. Gladly.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:32 pm

But wouldn't you rather sell to someone who is less likely to be a promotion rival? Not wanting to sell a player to Wigan is not necessarily down to fan emotion.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:36 pm

I keep on repeating fan emotion to myself. It's coming out as something else.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:

It doesn't matter who bids for a player we'll sell if the price is deemed right. Same with Wigan if we wanted to buy any of their players.

Fan emotion doesn't come into it and is a bizarre concept anyhow. I'd gladly sell any of our strikers to Wigan if the price is right. Gladly.
I thought emotion was fairly central to being a fan. I'm assuming the shock referred to by Nixon is for the fans and that is an emotion. The idea of Wigan cherry picking our players and any of them wanting them to go to there, would create an emotional reaction. I'll add to my caveat list of etc's the idea of having someone better lined up to replace whoever being sold and the time to replace them.
But of course I'll agree that every player has their price provided the deal is right

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I keep on repeating fan emotion to myself. It's coming out as something else.
:lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Its the notion that selling players = bad. Fecking hell there are a fair few we NEED to sell if we are to improve the squad. And nobody seems to be interested.

If Wigan want to bid for them, who cares? We haven't got any strikers who would come close to being a huge blow if we lost them.

I'd least like to lose NGog from a football perspective but from a financial one he's expensive, and has a year left.

The rest are hardly massive losses either way.

Frankly if we saddle Wigan with Sordell or an expensive NGog more the better. Lets see if they fancy Ream as well whilst they're at it!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:50 pm

I wonder if Blackburn have come in for one of our strikers in a player cash + deal for Rhodes?

#clutchingatstraws
Last edited by ChrisC on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:59 pm

ChrisC wrote:I wonder if Blackburn have come in for one of our strikers in a player cash + deal for Rhodes?

#clutchingatstraws
keep clutching - wouldn't that have come out of any negotiations we intiated as part of our interest in Rhodes i.e. we threw someone in. thought this one sounded a bit out of the blue.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Just seen this..

@reluctantnicko Would the bid for our striker be helpful in raising funds for Spearing?

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected account 36m
@JayJay2345 Go into it tomorrow ...

Maybe Liverpool are in for one of our strikers? That would be stupid right? Maybe the shock is a top end Premiership club have come in for someone?

I still think it is Ngog and probably going to Fulham for a few million with previous interest.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Its the notion that selling players = bad. Fecking hell...
Except, nobody is saying that...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 pm

thebish wrote:

Ah I've missed ya bish :D
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:35 pm

thebish wrote:
Good. So it's irrelevant who we sell to then?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Good. So it's irrelevant who we sell to then?
How can it be irrelevant ? Its a factor just like all the others in my etc list.

borgetti_wanderers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by borgetti_wanderers » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Swap deal.. N'Gog for Prso.