Stu Holden was fantastic tonight for the U.S

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Stu Holden was fantastic tonight for the U.S

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Well it's good news for now. Doctors will examine the injury post game. Swelling maybe?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:18 pm

They won't have a clue what the injury is. Look I don't want to be a doom monger especially where Stu Holden is concerned. But he's injured a knee that had no contact and reacted in a way that suggested something was seriously wrong. And he would know.....

They can't say anything other than a sprain at this stage until the swelling is down and it's scanned.

I will be amazed and delighted in equal measure if it's not something pretty bad.

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:20 pm

catches the player with his left knee but then holds his right knee must have been when he planted his right leg
see here
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/201 ... nama-gifs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:24 pm

His left knee is the one he injured before so it's somewhat good news that it isn't that one again.

However I'd be much happier if the one he injured was the one that made contact with the opposition player. As it stands those innocuous ones with knees often mean acl.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:They won't have a clue what the injury is. Look I don't want to be a doom monger especially where Stu Holden is concerned. But he's injured a knee that had no contact and reacted in a way that suggested something was seriously wrong. And he would know.....

They can't say anything other than a sprain at this stage until the swelling is down and it's scanned.

I will be amazed and delighted in equal measure if it's not something pretty bad.
Ffs!!! You don't know either - you're thousands of miles away...

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: They can't say anything other than a sprain at this stage until the swelling is down and it's scanned.
A sprain isn't always an precursor to something more serious, say ligament damage though. You don't have to have one for the other. As I said previous there's the possibility it could be worse, we'll all be waiting for the scan with baited breath, but at this stage they believe it's just a sprain.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:31 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:They won't have a clue what the injury is. Look I don't want to be a doom monger especially where Stu Holden is concerned. But he's injured a knee that had no contact and reacted in a way that suggested something was seriously wrong. And he would know.....

I'm not saying I know. I'm saying that they are hardly going to announce a serious injury before a scan.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Tbh he needs an MRI asap!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

I'm not saying I know. I'm saying that they are hardly going to announce a serious injury before a scan.
Yet you proclaimed that Holden "would have felt it go" and that you'd be "amazed" if it wasn't bad.

Truth is you know pretty much nothing like the rest of us.

Let's all calm down until there is some news to go on...

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:37 pm

thebish wrote:

better view via TV than most in the stadium though. looked nothing, but his reaction lying on the touchline and then sat on the bench was not good. only the doc will know the extent (Holden may have a pretty good idea as well)

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by si2008 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Holden dressed and on bench standing up when usa scored

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:40 pm

NOW we'll find out if he ever found a fckg pen !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:44 pm

si2008 wrote:Holden dressed and on bench standing up when usa scored
I'll take the positive from that

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:47 pm

I'm clutching at straws here but didn't he have a similar reaction when he got injured in a Development Squad game last season. Limped off carrying his boot, hitting advertisement hoardings and looked absolutely devastated. As Insane said it is his other knee this time so is not a breakdown of the same injury.

All straws clutched and hoping for good news.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:53 pm

malcd1 wrote:I'm clutching at straws here but didn't he have a similar reaction when he got injured in a Development Squad game last season. Limped off carrying his boot, hitting advertisement hoardings and looked absolutely devastated. As Insane said it is his other knee this time so is not a breakdown of the same injury.

Looked like the right knee was the issue (same as before i think). There was contact on the left but they were looking at the right knee.

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by si2008 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:53 pm

if USA win this will see how Holden is when he walks up for his medal see if walking ok

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Madrigal wrote:
malcd1 wrote:I'm clutching at straws here but didn't he have a similar reaction when he got injured in a Development Squad game last season. Limped off carrying his boot, hitting advertisement hoardings and looked absolutely devastated. As Insane said it is his other knee this time so is not a breakdown of the same injury.

Looked like the right knee was the issue (same as before i think). There was contact on the left but they were looking at the right knee.
It was his left knee that Evans injured though I think...

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Madrigal wrote:

Found this 'video' that is not a video (still photo's) that definitely shows it was his left knee before. Can't say it is good news but appears not to be a re-occurrence of the original injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9crSi143NJo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 pm

A good physio should be able to tell how severe an injury is from pain, how it feels to touch and other signs such as swelling. If that's the official word from their camp, I wouldn't worry too much about the injury. If Holden has been properly looked at, the physios should have a good enough idea of whether it's serious or not, though obviously a scan would be more conclusive.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Not quite as conclusive as fans analysing the video footage! ;-)