The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by Loyal White » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 pm

mlloyd1965 wrote:Bolton and Leeds looking to do a swap deal Mills for peltier
Don't know much about him but I read he's mainly a right-back. I guess that would mean Baptiste in the middle if it comes off?

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Loyal White wrote:
Don't know much about him but I read he's mainly a right-back. I guess that would mean Baptiste in the middle if it comes off?
From wikipedia :-

"Following the arrival of Brian McDermott as manager and an injury to Sam Byram, the United captain started the last two games of the season, at home to Brighton and away to Brighton in his usual position of right back."

Don't know how much I trust that seeing as the wikipedia fixture computer had them playing Brighton at home and away the last two matches!! It also says though :-

"After much speculation regarding the captain's armband, despite captaining Leeds during 2013–14 pre-season and for the opening two games of the season, Peltier was replaced as captain by team-mate Rodolph Austin who returned to the side against Leicester City on 11 August 2013."

Which, if true, could be an indication of him being on the way out of Elland Road (perhaps?).

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Loyal White wrote:
:D dougie would have to do some hasty reverse back-talking if he did that!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 pm

I know nowt about Peltier.

Wiki reckons he has played right back, left back and centre back during his career. #like

Wiki reckons he is 5ft 10. #don'tlike

Again based on wiki it seems fans of Leeds felt his best performances came at centre back, his worst when used at left back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:45 pm

according to click lancashire (yeah.. etc...)
According to reports former Fulham defender Chris Baird is pricing himself out of a move to Bolton Wanderers.
Free agent Baird is believed to interest Wanderers boss Dougie Freedman as well as his Queens Park Rangers counterpart Harry Redknapp.
The Northern Ireland international defender has been in talks with the Hoops.
SportsDirect News claims Baird is looking for Premier League wages after leaving Fulham when his deal expired at the end of last season.
Redknapp admires the player but is reluctant to increase his payroll, while Freedman simply cannot afford to match the full-back’s demands.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Don't like these make shift centre backs where linked with at the mo

All we need is a CB who's a hard mother feck* who's gonna kick the feck out of anything or anyone who comes anywhere near our box
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote: Coyle only played him out of his natural position a handful of times and that was only to facilitate the best goalscorer we've had at this club since Anelka. Even so he still performed admirably and in the same capacity that people are arguing Rooney should just get on and deal with it, so did Elmo.

Tbh Elmander didn't see through anything. He bolted for more money, a champions league side and a fresh start away from an atmosphere that had at times (albeit in the minority) proven hostile to him except for his purple patch before christmas. He was only around during Owens peak so don't think he can be credited with some great fore-sight, it was purely personal.

I'm not bitter but if he wanted to stay he could have.
I don't think we ever gave him a serious offer.

From what I remember from the stories at the time (and a radio interview he did) Eddie Davies wasn't the biggest Elmander fan in the world and bizarrely seemed to hold the player responsible for the money we paid for him, as opposed to either Gartside or Megson.
Well if you paid top drawer for a upmarket car and it only worked on the odd day, I suspect you would be a little peeved too!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:29 pm

using TWSpy's old contacts, I enquired about Peltier on LUFCTALK... this was the first (and so far, only) response..
His natural position is right back, but his best position is centre back - despite being only 5ft10. His main strength is his pace, allowing him to handle quick wingers and strikers quite well - for instance, he pocketed Michail Antonio, one of the best wingers in the division, last weekend. If there's space, he's quite good at overlapping, although his final delivery is quite poor. I'd say his weaknesses are closing down crossers, when at right back, and dealing with balls whipped into the penalty spot area. He's very versatile and can do a job at left back and in midfield.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Mr left out in the cold reckons there is nothing in the swap deal and been no contact over it.

Would seem odd when Leeds just paid a million for the manure centre back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:17 pm

ok - now they are asking for a precis of matt mills...

not sure what to say as i have never seen him play live..

anyone care to write a quick mills review that i can offer them?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Brian McDermott says he hasn't heard anything about this swap deal. So I think Nixon is probably correct on this one.

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:46 pm

I still think Mills should be given another chance.
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:51 pm

mcflykyle182 wrote:I still think Mills should be given another chance.
well - quite - he's on a 3yr contract and is our player and we are presumably paying him money every week... either dougie thinks he's really really shoite - or dougie hates him - or dougie has forgotten about him - or dougie knows he's leaving...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:54 pm

thebish wrote:
well - quite - he's on a 3yr contract and is our player and we are presumably paying him money every week... either dougie thinks he's really really shoite - or dougie hates him - or dougie has forgotten about him - or dougie knows he's leaving...
There was a video posted on facebook by the club of Jay Spearing being welcomed back by the players. Several players in shot shook his hand said hello cracked a joke etc.

Except Matt Mills who remained sitting right next to Spearing, looking at the floor.

Sometimes you can of course read too much into these things, but sometimes.......

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:45 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
thebish wrote:
He was singing his praises and commitments a few weeks ago with is attitude in training. Trying to advertise him, or genuinely rates him? I don't know. I still think we've not seen enough of him to make a truly informed comment.

In other news, Le Sulk has walked out of West Brom. Reportedly cleared his locker out and been absent for the past two training sessions.
:lol:
Wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to stay at west brom for the rest of his career
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Rumour is his agent had died and he's took it real bad

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
There was a video posted on facebook by the club of Jay Spearing being welcomed back by the players. Several players in shot shook his hand said hello cracked a joke etc.

Except Matt Mills who remained sitting right next to Spearing, looking at the floor.

Sometimes you can of course read too much into these things, but sometimes.......

I seem to recall our Captain Zat Knight didn't even go over to him in that video.
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Anelka's brother is his agent?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:15 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Anelka's brother is his agent?

Wrong thread?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Anelka's brother is his agent?

Wrong thread?
yeah - clearly it should be in the thread called "players who used to have a sibling as their agent" :wink: