(QP)R We Gonna Pick Up Our First Win Of The Season?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: (QP)R We Gonna Pick Up Our First Win Of The Season?

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:04 am

We really could do with Super John and David Lee right now. Wouldn't help the defence, but we'd at least be scoring some goals...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:09 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:We really could do with Super John and David Lee right now. Wouldn't help the defence, but we'd at least be scoring some goals...
It would help the defence greatly, in the sense that we might be able to play in the oppositions half for a few extra minutes per half.

But apparently, you don't win games by trying to score.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:47 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:We really could do with Super John and David Lee right now. Wouldn't help the defence, but we'd at least be scoring some goals...

We just need Eagles back in the side. It's scary how much the team needs him. Even under Coyle at the start of last season, Eagles was carrying the team.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 am

ChrisC wrote:

We just need Eagles back in the side. It's scary how much the team needs him. Even under Coyle at the start of last season, Eagles was carrying the team.

aye - sooner we get rid of the bloody coyle trash, the better! :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:35 am

ChrisC wrote:

If our problems only run as deep as Eagles missing I'd be shocked. Arse on town hall steps shocked. He might help us score a goal or two, but, and not wishing to go all Insanely hyperbolic, this team is dysfunctional. It is going to take several personnel changes, or transformations to fix it.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

If our problems only run as deep as Eagles missing I'd be shocked. Arse on town hall steps shocked. He might help us score a goal or two, but, and not wishing to go all Insanely hyperbolic, this team is dysfunctional. It is going to take several personnel changes, or transformations to fix it.
We pretty much held our own against the apparent league favourites last weekend. If we had Eagles playing in that game then we would have won IMO. We need his direct play to get us forward and running at opposition defences.

We won't be world beaters, but we will be much improved with him back in the side.

Some people need to get a grip. Anyone would think we was getting beat 3/4 nil every game. We have been conceding one goal a game on average. How will we ever recover? :roll:

We need to start scoring goals and the wins will come from there. For some people, it still won't be good enough unless we are walking the league.

We are less than a month into the season and people have already turned on DF and the team. The end of last season and all summer, everybody bar 1 or 2 loved DF and was confident coming into the season. We have a shaky start and people are talking about a relegation fight! Unfuckingbelieveable!

Blackpool are joint top of the league. Does that mean the Blackpool fans think they are going to win the league and Paul Ince is the next Brian Clough? Does it feck! They have had a good start and nothing more.. They will fade away as the season goes on and finish mid/bottom half.

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:35 am

Look lads, at the end of the day none of this will matter when we win the league and FA cup double this year will it?
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:09 pm

ChrisC wrote:Blackpool are joint top of the league. Does that mean the Blackpool fans think they are going to win the league and Paul Ince is the next Brian Clough? Does it feck! They have had a good start and nothing more.. They will fade away as the season goes on and finish mid/bottom half.
On that note, I'm told that the new We Are Going Up (FL) podcast has Marc Iles saying things will come right for Bolton...and his Blackpool counterpart saying things will soon turn bad for the seaside satsumas...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:47 pm

mcflykyle182 wrote:Look lads, at the end of the day none of this will matter when we win the league and FA cup double this year will it?
you're right - it will all look like a very distant storm in a tea-cup! huzzah!! :pissed:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:47 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

We pretty much held our own against the apparent league favourites last weekend. If we had Eagles playing in that game then we would have won IMO. We need his direct play to get us forward and running at opposition defences.

We won't be world beaters, but we will be much improved with him back in the side.

Some people need to get a grip. Anyone would think we was getting beat 3/4 nil every game. We have been conceding one goal a game on average. How will we ever recover? :roll:

We need to start scoring goals and the wins will come from there. For some people, it still won't be good enough unless we are walking the league.

We are less than a month into the season and people have already turned on DF and the team. The end of last season and all summer, everybody bar 1 or 2 loved DF and was confident coming into the season. We have a shaky start and people are talking about a relegation fight! Unfuckingbelieveable!

Blackpool are joint top of the league. Does that mean the Blackpool fans think they are going to win the league and Paul Ince is the next Brian Clough? Does it feck! They have had a good start and nothing more.. They will fade away as the season goes on and finish mid/bottom half.
I'm not saying Eagles wont help. Our troubles run far deeper than 1 player. Eagles is known for his inconsistency, so even with him in the side there is a limit to how much the fella can do. I'm not one of the all doom and gloom Dougie out brigade. But I am one questioning where we're headed, as I'm not seeing much to give me hope so far...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

I'm not saying Eagles wont help. Our troubles run far deeper than 1 player. Eagles is known for his inconsistency, so even with him in the side there is a limit to how much the fella can do. I'm not one of the all doom and gloom Dougie out brigade. But I am one questioning where we're headed, as I'm not seeing much to give me hope so far...
Apart from Dawson, we have pretty much the same players at our disposal that went on the unbeaten run last season plus the extra signings.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Good players that Eagles and Dawson are, and I think both would improve us, I don't think it would fix enough to make us good enough. Too much resting on too few shoulders. As great as our run last season was, a good number of those wins were the sort that could easily have been draws or losses. I'm not saying they were flukes, just that some were quite marginal and a different bounce of the ball could have changed the picture lots.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Good players that Eagles and Dawson are, and I think both would improve us, I don't think it would fix enough to make us good enough. Too much resting on too few shoulders. As great as our run last season was, a good number of those wins were the sort that could easily have been draws or losses. I'm not saying they were flukes, just that some were quite marginal and a different bounce of the ball could have changed the picture lots.
I agree, but in the interest of balance, a number of draws could've been wins. He keeps trying to defend 1 goal leads with average defenders, that's the problem. Dull and unambitious. I'd hoped for a more attacking look this season but not a chance. I think we're in for a very boring season I'm afraid.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:32 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Good players that Eagles and Dawson are, and I think both would improve us, I don't think it would fix enough to make us good enough. Too much resting on too few shoulders. As great as our run last season was, a good number of those wins were the sort that could easily have been draws or losses. I'm not saying they were flukes, just that some were quite marginal and a different bounce of the ball could have changed the picture lots.
I agree, but in the interest of balance, a number of draws could've been wins. He keeps trying to defend 1 goal leads with average defenders, that's the problem. Dull and unambitious. I'd hoped for a more attacking look this season but not a chance. I think we're in for a very boring season I'm afraid.
Hopefully he'll evolve as a manager. I think that was the problem I had with Coyle. He just refused to learn from what wasn't working.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:42 am

LeverEnd wrote:
We haven't had many 1 goal leads to defend yet.

This is a league where being solid is the absolute first priority.

QPR with all their talent and money came to the Reebok to look to take a point or nick a win. They were solid, and if you like unambitious.

It's how Cardiff and Hull went up last season. Be solid first.

Our problem is our centre halves give goals away. But let's remember we scored as many goals as promoted Hull did last season. It's about being more solid and harder to score against that will get us up.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
We haven't had many 1 goal leads to defend yet.

This is a league where being solid is the absolute first priority.

QPR with all their talent and money came to the Reebok to look to take a point or nick a win. They were solid, and if you like unambitious.

It's how Cardiff and Hull went up last season. Be solid first.

Our problem is our centre halves give goals away. But let's remember we scored as many goals as promoted Hull did last season. It's about being more solid and harder to score against that will get us up.
Don't forget this applied to us last season too. QPR have been a car crash of a team for the last seasons. They haven't suddenly become the best team since sliced bread since relegation, or equally that would have applied to us as well.

Just sayin like.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:56 am

Personally I think QPR have better players than we did last season. Austin and Johnson up front. Joey Barton in midfield.

Zamora on the bench.

That is a very experienced and strong team. Stronger than NGog and Marvin Sordell up front for example!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:01 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Personally I think QPR have better players than we did last season. Austin and Johnson up front. Joey Barton in midfield.

Zamora on the bench.

That is a very experienced and strong team. Stronger than NGog and Marvin Sordell up front for example!
So they've got a guy 5 minutes away from stupidity, another 3 minutes equidistant from injury or swan dive, someone that failed a medical a few weeks ago elsewhere and a mediocre striker on the bench. For 2 seasons they've had players coming out of their ears that are supposed to be better than everyone else, but they've been shit. For sure QPR are likely to be one of the better teams in the division, but they're also fairly likely to implode at any moment given the collection of egos and dick heads they have.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Personally I think QPR have better players than we did last season. Austin and Johnson up front. Joey Barton in midfield.

Zamora on the bench.

So they've got a guy 5 minutes away from stupidity, another 3 minutes equidistant from injury or swan dive, someone that failed a medical a few weeks ago elsewhere and a mediocre striker on the bench. For 2 seasons they've had players coming out of their ears that are supposed to be better than everyone else, but they've been shit. For sure QPR are likely to be one of the better teams in the division, but they're also fairly likely to implode at any moment given the collection of egos and dick heads they have.
That is the risk they have. But in terms of quality of player....

They also have owners who seemingly keep putting money in. Eventually that continued investment pays off!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:24 am

I disagree.