Away to Blurrrghburn

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Away to Blurrrghburn

Post by mcflykyle182 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 pm

The 2 draws to start the season were ok, i dismissed Forest as a bad day at the office, I was encouraged by some of our QPR play and gritted my teeth and accepted the cup loss last night....

....but I can't stand losing to fecking Blackburn.
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:29 am

It is the first time this season I feel like we are going to lose, the injury front does not look good at all. We are now struggling to put a back four together, having to resort to playing the right back at left back and playing Mills in the middle of defence (this is a player that has not been good enough to get in the squad never mind the team). We have zero creativity in midfield even if Eagles is fit it is going to take him a couple of games to get back up to speed.

I will be backing the lads from start to finish but I just think it will be a forlorn task, Blackburn look to be getting things together, Rhodes is dangerous.....I cannot go on I am depressing myself.

Que Sera Sera whatever will be will be!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:08 am

Looks like no Tierney, Wheater or Craig Davies for this one.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/10639987._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Baptiste at left back, Mears at right back I guess.

Who knows if NGog will be fit?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:39 am

clowns to the left of me - jokers to the right - here I am, stuck in the middle with Zat...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Looks like no Tierney, Wheater or Craig Davies for this one.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/10639987._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With his net busting record, who cares?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:55 am

Hoboh wrote:

We miss him when he's not in the team, because he's the only bugger who can hold it up.

He also had the best "net busting" record of all our strikers last season.

Beckford I think will get goals this season but he ain't a one up front man for me. Not until we get Moritz into the side behind him, or Mark Davies. So we need NGog at the minute.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:02 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

We miss him when he's not in the team, because he's the only bugger who can hold it up.

Beckford I think will get goals this season but he ain't a one up front man for me. Not until we get Moritz into the side behind him, or Mark Davies. So we need NGog at the minute.
To do what exactly? Hold the ball up for who? NGog as a target man to hold the ball up is laughable and given the big hoofs out from the hulk's sister and his mates at the back, that's what he is expected to do!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 am

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

NGog is pretty good at holding the ball up. Certainly retains it better than Beckford or Craig Davies.

Anyhow on Saturday its going to be a case of needing every fit body possible.

We're going to struggle to put a team out at this rate.

To do what exactly? Hold the ball up for who? NGog as a target man to hold the ball up is laughable and given the big hoofs out from the hulk's sister and his mates at the back, that's what he is expected to do!

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Owen Coyle (remember him?) made it impossible for himself because he lost 'winnable' games. This turned pretty much every single match into the 'vital must win' catagory.

Which he then lost.

Watching us play so far I honestly can't see where the first win is going to come from (should I count Shrewsbury?). Blackburn is now 'must win' if we don't want to have to start playing catch up again.

I feel like an idiot for writing this after only 4 games but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkk.

Come on Bolton!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:26 pm

I just saw Wheater in Tesco, he looked alright to me :wink:

Wish I'd asked him now!

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:37 pm

See all this 'sports science' we're all in love with these days?

Is it a case of ruling someone out because they've pulled a cuticle on the Monday before a game?

Is it too much on the side of precaution?

Whatever happend to getting a knee full of cortizone, strapping your ribs up and just getting on with it by running it off?

Sure, some players might have been crippled by the time they were 38 but at least we'd have got some more games out of them?

Jumped up Pre-Madonnas the lot of 'em!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:12 pm

coffeymagic wrote:See all this 'sports science' we're all in love with these days?

Is it a case of ruling someone out because they've pulled a cuticle on the Monday before a game?

Whatever happend to getting a knee full of cortizone, strapping your ribs up and just getting on with it by running it off?

Sure, some players might have been crippled by the time they were 38 but at least we'd have got some more games out of them?

EGGCORN ALERT

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:12 pm

mrkint wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:See all this 'sports science' we're all in love with these days?

EGGCORN ALERT
good spot! :oyea:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Funny as IIRC in Coyles first full season we had the most consistent starting 11 in the league (or close) we hardly ever had injurys
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Didn't we try Ream at left-back in pre-season? Yes yes, I know, but playing (right to left) Baptiste-Knight-Mills-Ream is a change fewer than playing Mears-Knight-Mills-Baptiste.

Mind you, maybe a change will do us good. The big question is whether Mills will step up and save the day. We've been saying Wheat-Knight's a no-no, so let's see how we do with a different combo. Some managers have great decisions thrust upon them...

As for Beckford needing a "feeder" behind him, I agree. So it's a pity he and Ngog played like isolated strangers last week, and let's fervently hope that Eagles is fit for Ewood.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Didn't we try Ream at left-back in pre-season? Yes yes, I know, but playing (right to left) Baptiste-Knight-Mills-Ream is a change fewer than playing Mears-Knight-Mills-Baptiste.

Mind you, maybe a change will do us good. The big question is whether Mills will step up and save the day. We've been saying Wheat-Knight's a no-no, so let's see how we do with a different combo. Some managers have great decisions thrust upon them...

As for Beckford needing a "feeder" behind him, I agree. So it's a pity he and Ngog played like isolated strangers last week, and let's fervently hope that Eagles is fit for Ewood.
Chance Ream might be out too with the hamstring injury he picked up against QPR, according to the MEN.

We are down to the bare bones.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Chance Ream might be out too with the hamstring injury he picked up against QPR, according to the MEN. We are down to the bare bones.
But according to your primary source, the BN, "Chris Eagles, Tim Ream and David Ngog could come back into play this weekend". 'sall.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:12 pm

thebish wrote:
mrkint wrote:

EGGCORN ALERT
good spot! :oyea:
I'm going to pervert it even more and call them Pre-Maradonas :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Anyway, I think we'll win. It may be scrappy, lucky, nail bitey, squeaky bummy, but we'll do it. Just because its us, and just because its them, but mostly because if we can stifle them for a half (I know, stretching it, but we can) their crowd will turn quite easily. Then at least we can take come cold comfort from watching the train-crash unfold at Ewoks from afar.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Id probably go with something like this

--------------Longran------------

Ngog---Eaves---Beckford---Odelusi

Chung---Spearing---Medo---Tits

------Tong Po---Knight----