Dougie Freedman - Ten Months On

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dougie Freedman - Ten Months On

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:50 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Don't panic. Ever.
What if I'm running dangerously low on beer?
Cider?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:54 pm

I think it's more of an apple perry to be fair.
Businesswoman of the year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:58 pm

thebish wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:When does it become time to worry that maybe something is wrong? I find it impossible to believe that our squad's ability deservedly puts it bottom of the league, even with a handful of injuries. We got promoted with Ian Marshall, Frank Passi and John Ofukcing hell Kane playing for us. Gareth Farrelly was our one of our outstanding players FFS.
i don't know... but i don't think it is now!

are you now in the BL3 and Frasier sack-Dougie camp?
I'm not in the Dougie sacking camp yet but I'm certainly in the LK worried camp. I thought he'd be a good manager, now I'm not so sure.
he's just been interviewed and said that we saw good stuff in places and we we are capable of putting another run together. He then said that the individual errors that cost us were 'unforgivable'. If he then forgives Knight and plays him next time he's full of shit and can feck off for me.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:11 pm

LeverEnd wrote:If he then forgives Knight and plays him next time he's full of shit and can feck off for me.
Interesting

Not arguing against you, LE, just thinking that Knight might be the Julian Darby to Freedman's Phil Neal

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Well we know how rthat ended, so let's cut out the middleman then!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:24 pm

Big 2 weeks ahead. Lets see what Dougie is made of. Knight should be dropped and the captains armband passed to someone else (Spearing for me). Dougie made a point of constantly mentioning individual errors today so he has to act on that.

Bring Baptise inside for me and play Mears on the right. Most slate Mears but he can do a better job out on the right that Knight can at centre half.

Get a winger in who can play both sides and stop playing Pratley out wide when we are short. He is a centre mid and not a wide player. His energy down the middle is priceless is this division.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:If he then forgives Knight and plays him next time he's full of shit and can feck off for me.
Interesting

Not arguing against you, LE, just thinking that Knight might be the Julian Darby to Freedman's Phil Neal
Thing is, I liked Darby despite his limitations. We all knew he should have been dropped but I wanted him to come good. I never ever want to see Knight play for us again.
We'll see what happens and if what he's just said means anyhting

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:39 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I think it's more of an apple perry to be fair.
I just looked in the fridge...there was only cidre...it's not mine, but seemed to be the best short term fix before I go out...

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Well this one's rubbish. He can't get his around the defence, which he's put together, is utter pish.

Who we getting in next then?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:For a Club such as ours, I think unless you obviously land on someone who's on a roll, it's much of a muchness.
So why did we bring him in then?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:47 pm

BL3 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:For a Club such as ours, I think unless you obviously land on someone who's on a roll, it's much of a muchness.
No lose gamble against the last clueless fecker.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:I think it's more of an apple perry to be fair.
I just looked in the fridge...there was only cidre...it's not mine, but seemed to be the best short term fix before I go out...
Good on ya fella.
I've just drank the brown smelly liquid that's been swirling round the bottom of the salad drawer for the last couple of months for exactly the same reason.
I won't lie to you, it had quite a kick to it.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:49 pm

I'm very worried, after following the team since 1963, relegated in my 1st season. I've seen us far worse positions than we are now. The thing is this team was one of the favourites for promotion. People said with the players we have we'd be right up there. What's gone wrong can only be attributed to some strange managerial decisions. The defence is looking a shambles in every game we play, he bought Baptiste to play on the right and then puts him on the left leaving out Tierney. The centre back pairing of Knight and Wheater is just not working and mistakes from both of these are every week events. Pratley was playing the best football since he arrived and then after suspension gets shoved out of position on the wing where he was totally ineffective. Medo and Spearing should be the best midfield pair in this league, but neither are creative enough, and with the systems we play, nothing much is created. Lee is getting better, but is nowhere near where he was before his injury. Ngog has never been the prolific scorer we are crying out for, and Beckford is wasting far too many chances. The core of this team are Dougie signings, and whilst on paper the team sheet looks good, the constant changing of tactics seem to confuse rather than help.
After 50 years of support, down to Div 4 and back again, I've seen some unorganised teams and some rubbish players. But what is really worrying is that we allegedly have a strong team of quality players and they can't hack it.
Manager at Fault or Players at Fault ? If Manager then he has to go, and if players then they must be sold or dropped.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BL3 wrote:
The 'clueless fecker's' team beat Forest today. Remind me how we got on against them.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:53 pm

Jez wrote:Its amazing that the idea of sacking Dougie would even be considered

Some of our fans are so fickle, this is the same manager who took us to within a game of the playoffs from nowhere, he deserves a hell of a lot longer than until the end of august to sort out the mess thats developing...
Even last season we were unimpressive side for the majority of that run, so I was worried going into this season because I thought we relied heavily on good fortune last year, instead of just beating sides because we were better. We weren't the best team in many of those games last year, so it was remarkable that run lasted as long as it did. I hoped that we'd improve as a side but the defensive errors and poor attacking play that is costing us now was also present last season, it just wasn't as damaging then.

No mafter what the results have been like under Freedman, we've never been an impressive side. I don't see any signs of improvement either. Unlike last year, we're getting what we deserve.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:57 pm

BL3 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BL3 wrote:
The 'clueless fecker's' team beat Forest today. Remind me how we got on against them.

He's not really had time to get them playing shite yet. They're still playing the Martinez way, not the Clueless Feckers way. :wink:
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Have I missed something and it's not still August and 5 games in?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:23 pm

Prufrock wrote:Have I missed something and it's not still August and 5 games in?
Yeah. Nothing to worry about....

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:24 pm

Yeah, apparently our players aren't any better than this, so we'll be here all season.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:27 pm

The one constant and major denominator, throughout our demise from european participants and top four premiership contenders, to bottom of the chumpionship, can't score, can't win, we are shite and worried every time we play, type of team, is Gartside.