PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thread!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thr

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:47 pm

so...

it is quite possible i got this wrong..

Everton:

Francisco Junior: portuguese midfielder
already loaned to Vitesse Arnhem

Hallam Hope: english forward
Hallam joined Everton from Manchester City in 2005.

Born in Manchester, he signed a full-time scholarship with the Blues in July 2010.

An integral part of the Blues' Under-16s set-up during the 2009/10 campaign, the striker also featured regularly for the Under-18s and was part of the Toffees' 2010 FA Youth Cup squad.

Hallam made his first international appearance for England against Wales in the Victory Shield in October 2009, and scored twice for his country in the Young Lions' 3-1 win over Ukraine in France's Montaigu Tournament in March 2010. He has also featured for England's Under 19 side.

Although he has represented England at international level, Hallam is also eligible to represent Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados.

During the 2010/11 campaign, he was a key player as Everton charged to the national academy title and was rewarded with a reserve-team breakthrough the following campaign.

of course - the COULD loan out some of their U21 players too... they're not gonna use them all - Arsenal have several thousand of them...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Crystal Palace seem to have:

Stephen Dobbie (recent signing!) - striker / attacking midfielder

Florian Marange (recent signing!) - of PSG mix-up fame when Palace used an image of his former Bordeaux team-mate Fernando to announce his arrival - defender left back

Aaron Wilbraham - striker - rumoured to be blackburn-bound

Owen Garvan (who we have been linked with) - midfielder

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Yeah, it's a bit hit-and-hope finding these may-be targets. Too busy meself, just wondered if anyone wasn't.

No credit where it's not due, I didn't work hard on the Cardiff one - lifted the "not needed" list from a story on a local news site. There may be similar on other teams' local news or fans sites (Vital, Footy-Mad etc) - it's a discussion point for the readers.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:12 pm

thebish wrote:Crystal Palace seem to have:

Florian Marange (recent signing!) - of PSG mix-up fame when Palace used an image of his former Bordeaux team-mate Fernando to announce his arrival - defender left back

Dobbie (ex Blackpool / Swansea - a Holloway man rather than Freedman) keeps helping teams up then being jettisoned. But we don't really need a striker... do we?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:13 pm

How about Hull? Didn't Bruce get a few in over summer? Dougie might be bending a few of his rules but it would be good to borrow somebody who knows the division.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Dobbie (ex Blackpool / Swansea - a Holloway man rather than Freedman) keeps helping teams up then being jettisoned. But we don't really need a striker... do we?
not photogenic enough for the premiership... (allegedly)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:51 pm

thebish wrote:Crystal Palace seem to have:

Ah, but that Jack Hunt lad's bossted a foot, so won't one of them now get called in or is it too late?
May the bridges I burn light your way

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Breaking transfer news - Dietmar Hamann move to Manchester City via Bolton 'not irregular'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... hestercity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well thats £400k saved for the kitty

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Gartside comes out as a right peanut in that.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:14 pm

mrkint wrote:Gartside comes out as a right peanut in that.
be interested to know whether Mr G knew everything was in order & just having a bit of banter with Hamann, or whether he subsequently thought s**t what have I said and was in a reet sweat.

Guess we'll have to wait for his memoires

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Hamann to bolton on a free, good bit of business that

Any sign of Veloso?
Pfffft.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:01 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:
mrkint wrote:Gartside comes out as a right peanut in that.
be interested to know whether Mr G knew everything was in order & just having a bit of banter with Hamann, or whether he subsequently thought s**t what have I said and was in a reet sweat.

Guess we'll have to wait for his memoires
He was just vocally 'printing the legend', making good radio, etc etc.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 am

in the spirit of desparation enveloping this thread how about this for a link to our transfers of yore

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:26 am

Nixon reckons we might be getting a striker on loan. Yesterday he was talking about Eaves going out somewhere so perhaps this is the swap.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon reckons we might be getting a striker on loan. Yesterday he was talking about Eaves going out somewhere so perhaps this is the swap.
If that's even close to right we may as well buy Eaves a leaving present. There are banks who've been involved in less loans than Eaves.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:19 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon reckons we might be getting a striker on loan. Yesterday he was talking about Eaves going out somewhere so perhaps this is the swap.
If that's even close to right we may as well buy Eaves a leaving present. There are banks who've been involved in less loans than Eaves.
I don't understand the aversion to him getting game-time. When we signed him, he'd never started a game.

Slightly farcical if it's him going on a one-in one-out. He can't be on much money, so it would either be someone being stubborn to the principle or we really are fecked and are now looking to borrow someone earning about £5k per week.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:22 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
I don't understand the aversion to him getting game-time. When we signed him, he'd never started a game.

Slightly farcical if it's him going on a one-in one-out. He can't be on much money, so it would either be someone being stubborn to the principle or we really are fecked and are now looking to borrow someone earning about £5k per week.
Or it could just be that Dougie thinks he isn't quite ready yet. Although if he still isn't ready then will he ever be?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:23 pm

PC1978 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Or it could just be that Dougie thinks he isn't quite ready yet. Although if he still isn't ready then will he ever be?
When he's got some match experience. He's 21, not 38; he's started 28 games and scored 13 goals. Worth another look yet, methinks: not like we're swimming in money.

Dougie at today's pre-Leeds press conference, quoted on the official Twitter:
The international break came at the right time for us. We've had a few difficult moments so far with injuries, form and suspensions. I think the fans have seen that in periods of games we've played well. They've been fantastic in sticking with us. We're always looking for ways to improve our squad. At this moment in time we're working within a budget. Jermaine and Chungy will be back with us [from international duty] later today. We need to see where they are at both physically and mentally.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:28 pm

My point was that he has played a lot for other teams, surely he has got enough match experience by now to be tried in the Championship. If he isn't good enough then why just keep loaning him out over and over again? If he is good enough then why is he not playing more for us?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Perhaps we are just needing to pay a small amount to loan a premiership youngster? Club keen for them to have games so would subsidise a loan and we just need a small contribution (wages saved on Eaves)...if you get my meaning.