Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:25 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:The difference between Coyle and Freedman is this

Coyle was all about the first team and he was fcuking shocking at that - lets not forget he started last season with a squad he would've wanted if we'd stayed up

Freedman is about building something - aye results matter but I'd much prefer two seasons finishing 10th while he sorts it to two seasons missing out in the playoffs built on the thinnest of ice

I'm still in full support and still convinced he'll do the job we need doing - a view based on stuff I've learned from folk who know whats happening inside the club rather than us amateurs on here

I just hope Gartside aint daft enough to listen to a few cretins who think changing the manager changes owt
Aye, agree with this. However lose on Saturday and bottom after 8 with no wins.....I sort of couldn't blame people who wanted him gone.

Nor would I be massively surprised if Eddie decided he wanted him gone either.

I would be disappointed however as I do think long term he will sort it. But me saying and believing that means feck all really.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Coyle was all about the first team and he was fcuking shocking at that - lets not forget he started last season with a squad he would've wanted if we'd stayed up

Freedman is about building something - aye results matter but I'd much prefer two seasons finishing 10th while he sorts it to two seasons missing out in the playoffs built on the thinnest of ice

I'm still in full support and still convinced he'll do the job we need doing - a view based on stuff I've learned from folk who know whats happening inside the club rather than us amateurs on here
I just hope Gartside aint daft enough to listen to a few cretins who think changing the manager changes owt
BOLLOX

Freedman is building now't that wasn't in place before he came, infact I'd go as far as to say that was one of the reasons he did actually come. I'd suggest you call your sources bluff!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Aye, agree with this. However lose on Saturday and bottom after 8 with no wins.....I sort of couldn't blame people who wanted him gone.

Nor would I be massively surprised if Eddie decided he wanted him gone either.

I would be disappointed however as I do think long term he will sort it. But me saying and believing that means feck all really.
By the end of the season I wonder if Freedman will also be a cancer?

We have seen what we have seen from Freedman so come on where is the evidence (other than being awkward) to point to him rebuilding and being BSA mk11?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Hoboh wrote:BOLLOX

Freedman is building now't that wasn't in place before he came, infact I'd go as far as to say that was one of the reasons he did actually come. I'd suggest you call your sources bluff!
You try way too hard to convince me you're an idiot

Has to be an act
Sto ut Serviam

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:43 pm

DSB - Sorry yeah, I'm not putting my point across very well here. The dressing-room incident kind of distracted me from the point I'm actually trying to make.

I'm not saying that B&HA are referring to the dressing room incident (of which Poyet denies having any involvement in) when they say gross misconduct but the mere fact that they found something to class as gross misconduct and then his appeal not being upheld is enough to make me feel uneasy about him coming to us.

This thread has completlely digressed, pointlessly as well, as I don't think we'll be changing manager anytime soon anyway, but I do apologise.

Caps - "I just hope Gartside aint daft enough to listen to a few cretins who think changing the manager changes owt" This, this, this. With big shiny bells on.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:54 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Hoboh wrote:BOLLOX

You try way too hard to convince me you're an idiot

Has to be an act
I suppose you may be sober in the morning!

For someone with 'people in the know' you feck regular!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 pm

So what have these sources revealed?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:57 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:DSB - Sorry yeah, I'm not putting my point across very well here. The dressing-room incident kind of distracted me from the point I'm actually trying to make.

I'm not saying that B&HA are referring to the dressing room incident (of which Poyet denies having any involvement in) when they say gross misconduct but the mere fact that they found something to class as gross misconduct and then his appeal not being upheld is enough to make me feel uneasy about him coming to us.

This thread has completlely digressed, pointlessly as well, as I don't think we'll be changing manager anytime soon anyway, but I do apologise.

Caps - "I just hope Gartside aint daft enough to listen to a few cretins who think changing the manager changes owt" This, this, this. With big shiny bells on.
That sums up why women no now't about sport :roll:
I hope fat Phil is gone as well!!!!

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Hoboh wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:DSB - Sorry yeah, I'm not putting my point across very well here. The dressing-room incident kind of distracted me from the point I'm actually trying to make.

I was just about to bite but I'm not even going to bother.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:02 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

I was just about to bite but I'm not even going to bother.
Good I'm tired.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Hoboh wrote: That sums up why women no now't about sport :roll:
Sexist as well as racist? Well done.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bean
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bean » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Hoboh wrote:

Wow.

How gloriously pathetic.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
At least my brains not that dead that I spend my life posting crap like some thinking it's funny!

Nor do I flirt like a schoolboy with Arsenal fans

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:14 pm

bean wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Wow.

How gloriously pathetic.
I suppose that little reposte puts you in line for post of the year, well thought out old bean!

bean
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bean » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:16 pm

Hoboh wrote:
bean wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Wow.

How gloriously pathetic.
I suppose that little reposte puts you in line for post of the year, well thought out old bean!
Not what I was aiming for, merely surprised that drunken backwards discriminatory muppets with an inferiority complex don't get banned quicker. Sorry if I confused you there.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:17 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
At least my brains not that dead that I spend my life posting crap like some thinking it's funny!

Nor do I flirt like a schoolboy with Arsenal fans
Brilliant. What an erudite rejoinder.

So no denial re sexism and racism then? Fair enough. Each to their own.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:18 pm

I thought Poyet's gross misconduct was basically telling the squad the club had no ambition because they wouldn't give him what he wanted, trying to force the cub's hand. he thought they'd cave, but they binned him and rightly so. Dougie every time over that arrogant conceited dick. That email where he tried to blame the club's marketing dept for the playoff defeat as well, embarrassing.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:52 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:The longer we wait, the shorter the list of suitable managers gets. If Freedman is sacked after losing the next 5 games, I find it hard to imagine a manager like Pulis would be interested in joining us because we'd then have lost so many points already, the playoffs would be a very tough ask for any manager. However, if we were to act quickly, we'd still in a position to attract a good manager because everything is still possible for us, including promotion. That is slipping away with every game though and I don't think any good manager will want to stay in the Championship for a season and a half, they'll want to get managing in the Premier League as quickly as possible.

How do we decide who is 'good enough'? If that list is simply of managers who are better than Freedman, it's not exactly a short one. Out of all the managers in the Championship, who are worse than Freedman? Someone like David Flitcroft has a much better win percentage than Freedman, and that's with Barnsley!
IMO you can't just start pulling out short term results as an argument to suggest someone is a better manager.
Surely all the hope that Freedman is a good manager rests upon a short period though? Freedman has only 16 wins as Bolton manager, yet 10 of those wins came during a 15 game period. If you ignore that run, we've had 6 wins in 32 games under Freedman.
But he did get those wins, and quite possibly could again.
As for potential managers, not much point sacking him, paying him off, then paying compensation for someone who is marginally less shit.
Possibly, yeah, I'm not trying to discredit Freedman there. That reply was because of what BWFCi said previously. If he is going to discount 'good runs', then what else does Freedman have going for him aside from one 15 game period? Very little.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:10 am

I think he'll be a good manager at some point. I hope it's with us but am starting to worry he'll make his mistakes here and then get his success elsewhere.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:05 am

I wonder how hoboh's head is this morning. Dear god.
Businesswoman of the year.