Snoop Dogg's Bluenoses Vs. Amir Khan's Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Snoop Dogg's Bluenoses Vs. Amir Khan's Wanderers

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Ain't just me saying it.
Oh, why didn't you tell me? That, of course, makes it a FACT!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:58 pm

CrazyHorse wrote: Maybe you were expecting another loss and thought you'd get your scapegoating/Dougie excuses in early?
Poor Chungy was barely on the field before you started on him.
Where is all this 'poor Chungy' coming from? He's got away with murder for far too long.

Seems some players can get away with it where others can't with fans.

Fair enough.

In my view Chungy is one of the first I'd show the door to.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote: Maybe you were expecting another loss and thought you'd get your scapegoating/Dougie excuses in early?
Poor Chungy was barely on the field before you started on him.
Where is all this 'poor Chungy' coming from? He's got away with murder for far too long.

Seems some players can get away with it where others can't with fans.

like... errrr... Ngog, in your case?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:00 pm

thebish wrote:^ maybe BWFCi would like to apply the same iron rod of criticism to young Ngog this season...
Yep I would. Another who isn't producing enough and for what he is likely earning its time to cut our losses.

However, he was still amongst our top scorers last season, which ain't saying much, but yeah....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:^ maybe BWFCi would like to apply the same iron rod of criticism to young Ngog this season...
Yep I would. Another who isn't producing enough and for what he is likely earning its time to cut our losses.

However, he was still amongst our top scorers last season, which ain't saying much, but yeah....
you wouldn't go as far as "feck off Ngog you waste of absolute space" then? is Ngog interested/bothered enough for you?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:12 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

you wouldn't go as far as "feck off Ngog you waste of absolute space" then? is Ngog interested/bothered enough for you?
Yes. No.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Yes. No.
a bit strange that you have NEVER attacked him as you attack chungy, then...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:25 pm

That charlatan ngog wasnt even on the bench today ya daft bastards!

We won so dont act the goat please :)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:28 pm

We won and I saw a good TEAM performance, so quite why insane idiot is attacng players is beyond me.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Ngog is Coyle's gypsy curse to BWFC I fear.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:29 pm

jaffka wrote:We won and I saw a Decent TEAM performance, so quite why insane idiot is attacking players is beyond me.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:How the hell is Beckford still in the team?

What does he do exactly? He just seems to stand there and not go for the ball.
THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drunk? Yes

You feckers who think Dougie gets it wrong.

He got it spot on barring .... bringing Knight on sooner. The only difference between 1-2 and 0-2.

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Post by cecil.bob » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 pm

DJBlu wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:How the hell is Beckford still in the team?

What does he do exactly? He just seems to stand there and not go for the ball.
THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drunk? Yes

You feckers who think Dougie gets it wrong.

He got it spot on barring .... bringing Knight on sooner. The only difference between 1-2 and 0-2.
Really too bad Knight couldn't be more consistent. Oh well. Come on you fecking whites!

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:One thing about these loans, is that surely they bust the myth about how great our own players are in comparison to the rest of this league?

I mean a lad who can't get in Milwalls side has put in a wing performance today better than anything we've seen from our players all season. And arguably as a traditional winger than we've seen all last season as well.

The long term job is seeing out the 'good on paper' players and replacing them with these types.
It's not a myth, but you have to earn the right to play in this league. Perhaps we don't have enough cloggers but then Dougie's job is to get the balance right. This is the biggest club Feeney has ever played for. It's no real surprise that he's playing for a contract but replacing quality players with journeymen is the last thing we should be doing 'long term'.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Simon Charlton has on multiple occassions said he doesn't think Lee looks interested.

Ain't just me saying it.
That seems to be the sum total of Simon Charlton's insight. You might even say he doesn't sound interested.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:44 pm

BL3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:One thing about these loans, is that surely they bust the myth about how great our own players are in comparison to the rest of this league?

I mean a lad who can't get in Milwalls side has put in a wing performance today better than anything we've seen from our players all season. And arguably as a traditional winger than we've seen all last season as well.

The long term job is seeing out the 'good on paper' players and replacing them with these types.
It's not a myth, but you have to earn the right to play in this league. Perhaps we don't have enough cloggers but then Dougie's job is to get the balance right. This is the biggest club Feeney has ever played for. It's no real surprise that he's playing for a contract but replacing quality players with journeymen is the last thing we should be doing 'long term'.
Earning the right to play is correct, but how this is decided at club level is arbitrary. A player may get an opportunity to play for the reserves (development squad is a misnomer) but most people are aware that those games are not really a pressure test. A young player may only really show his ability and composure in a league game, but that player is unlikely to get the opportunity for two main reasons: a) each league game is judged to be too important to take a chance on a newly promoted young squad player, b) the same player may not earn brownie points in training as he may well be fairly naive compared to the older pros who can manipulate the coaches and manager's views in order to maintain their own position in the team.
As to whether Feeney is capable of developing into a Premiership quality player is a moot point but to condemn him as a journeyman is a bit harsh.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:07 pm

'Earning the right to play' means matching the opposition...

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:31 pm

It's all about competition for places. Everyone out there today was playing for their spot in the side and I feel it showed in their performance today and from what I hear at Blackpool.

We're not a bad side, at least not as bad as our league position reflected, but a few players needed a bit of a shake and I get the impression Dougie bringing in the three loanees has done just that. They also needed a bit of confidence and again it looked like they had that today.

Final thoughts; Bogdan has done great to put Yeovil behind him and Feeney appeared a class apart today. I also love the way he kept referring to the side as 'us' and what 'we' had to do to keep climbing up the table in the post-presser I just caught now. Doesn't appear to be shy of the challenge by any means (although I slightly miss Eagles...)

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Welcome/ good result, thought it was good battling performance today. the cake obviously affected b'ham

Feeney - stand out player. What a difference having a guy who can go past people makes. (v reminiscent of David Lee).

Pretty comfortable -only wobble came when Zigic came on and they went long.

Only downside was our left side - baptiste & prateley - fish out of water

upward & onward

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:48 pm

For me the team that started today has to be the starting 11, until mavis returns to take Prats place.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion