Do Owls poo in the Reebok woods?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

AbrahM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Do Owls poo in the Reebok woods?

Post by AbrahM » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:44 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote: Chungy didn't bring that much to the table when he came on.
Other than the really good play when he created that great chance for eagles
And the two great corners that Mills almost scored from

He has been poor this season but was good today

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:16 am

I generally get the idea that all positivity from the Birmingham game has been well and truly crushed by today performance. Dougie needs to pick them up because we cant afford to be drawing home games against the likes of Wednesday.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:22 am

Was out at a wedding all afternoon. Thank feck.

What was Beckford's goal like? Any highlights without me resorting to that stupid BBC programme?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 am

Today I did something twice that I've only ever done before when playing Sunday league football. I counted how many the opposition were playing with. Wherever the ball went, we seemed to be outnumbered due to their hard work and movement - something we couldn't compete with.

Bogdan was far away the MotM for me and without him we'd have lost. For Dougie to say we showed 'bravery' in going for it in the last 5 minutes is just a pi55take imo. Any bravery and we'd have gone 4-4-2 when it was obvious 4-5-1 wasn't working. Again.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:34 am

We can't even claim "best headed own goal of the weekend" either. Huddersfield's was a corker. At least we're not on our own dealing with shit every week!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:04 pm

That was an awful display. Credit to Bogdan for keeping us in the game.

Very lucky not to get beat.
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:41 pm

sorry - haven't really got the stomach for any of this - too depressing... :-(

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:47 pm

thebish wrote:sorry - haven't really got the stomach for any of this - too depressing... :-(
Just played too defensively at home for me. We could have easily have beaten these if we'd stuck to a plan of keeping the ball down and not hurrying in the pass. But we engineered our own downfall time and time again yesterday. Eagles looks like a man who doesn't want to be here any more and Beckford, bar the goal just seems to give up if the ref doesn't give him the decision every time.

I'm feeling pretty low after yesterday but then we haven't lost in 4, however it's 3 draws and 1 win.
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:10 pm

thebish wrote:sorry - haven't really got the stomach for any of this - too depressing... :-(
I really miss the days of the T-W Spy. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I think that we all do :(
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
can you imagine how depressing that would be nowadays!! :hang:

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:46 pm

I'm probably on my own in this but I can see what DF is tryinh to do, however his gameplan revolves around lots of movement from the 4 attacking players. Unfortunately, only Danns showed for the ball. Eagles, Beckford and even Feeney were too static all match and offered no outlet for the others to pass too, although Feeney did have 2players marking him most of the time he was on the pitch. Im not excusing Spearing and Medo's poor passing but the lack of movement didnt help them and it was evident from them walking off at half time and throughout the game they were pissed off with Eagles and Beckford not moving off the ball.
Even though Eagles has the potential to be a very good player, I feel everything he does is for show with no substance behind it..."look at me sprint towards their right back whose got the ball, im not going to tackle him, but look at me run towards him anyway"!!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:48 pm

if beckford can't head, won't tackle, won't move off the ball and make himself available and doesn't stick away the few chances he does have - is he really the basket to leave all our eggs in?

(see also Ngog)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:49 pm

wigan white wrote: Even though Eagles has the potential to be a very good player, I feel everything he does is for show with no substance behind it..."look at me sprint towards their right back whose got the ball, im not going to tackle him, but look at me run towards him anyway"!!!!

I've often thought that eagles plays as if he is watching himself in the mirror!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:52 pm

thebish wrote:if beckford can't head, won't tackle, won't move off the ball and make himself available and doesn't stick away the few chances he does have - is he really the basket to leave all our eggs in?

(see also Ngog)
Completely agree Bish, although he took his goal well he offered very little else, and Ngog is the most unnatural striker Ive seen. In the case of Beckford, I'd of preferred us to go for his strike partner from last season in James Vaughan, who to me seems and allround better striker and more of a threat than Beckford is. Plus he's still scoring goals for fun in a poor team.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:57 pm

wigan white wrote:
thebish wrote:if beckford can't head, won't tackle, won't move off the ball and make himself available and doesn't stick away the few chances he does have - is he really the basket to leave all our eggs in?

(see also Ngog)
Completely agree Bish, although he took his goal well he offered very little else, and Ngog is the most unnatural striker Ive seen. In the case of Beckford, I'd of preferred us to go for his strike partner from last season in James Vaughan, who to me seems and allround better striker and more of a threat than Beckford is. Plus he's still scoring goals for fun in a poor team.
I thought we looked more of a threat with N'Gog on the pitch yesterday. He turned players, ran at them and has pretty good close control. Just an observation though, WW :D

I do agree that James Vaughan may have been a better bet or even Chris O'Grady who went to Barnsley
Pfffft.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:58 pm

wigan white wrote:I'm probably on my own in this but I can see what DF is tryinh to do, however his gameplan revolves around lots of movement from the 4 attacking players. Unfortunately, only Danns showed for the ball. Eagles, Beckford and even Feeney were too static all match and offered no outlet for the others to pass too, although Feeney did have 2players marking him most of the time he was on the pitch. Im not excusing Spearing and Medo's poor passing but the lack of movement didnt help them and it was evident from them walking off at half time and throughout the game they were pissed off with Eagles and Beckford not moving off the ball.
Even though Eagles has the potential to be a very good player, I feel everything he does is for show with no substance behind it..."look at me sprint towards their right back whose got the ball, im not going to tackle him, but look at me run towards him anyway"!!!!
What is he trying to do?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:01 pm

^ he's trying to keep his family safe! ;-)

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:03 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
wigan white wrote:

(see also Ngog)
I thought we looked more of a threat with N'Gog on the pitch yesterday. He turned players, ran at them and has pretty good close control. Just an observation though, WW :D

I do agree that James Vaughan may have been a better bet or even Chris O'Grady who went to Barnsley[/quote

Outside the box Ngog is quite good, its just when he gets in the box to do the actual striker bit is when he gets lost.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Get himself sacked?