Don't Terrier self up about it - Huddersfield Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Don't Terrier self up about it - Huddersfield Thread

Post by ChrisC » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Just got back. Neither team deserved the win. Huddersfield had better possession and passing but on clear cut chances we should have scored at least one. Overall that was dross.

Time for Dougie to go for me. I like the guy and really wanted things to work, but we cant do this burst of losing games on the bounce. The 8 game unbeaten run was nice but only winning 3 in that run doesn't give us the breathing space to lose games on the bounce.

Dougie's style of football has become a grind now and its even more a grind when we aren't getting anything from a lot of games. Coyle was to attacking and Dougie is to defensive.

Oh and just to add, Medo is a cock and was bang out of order.

AbrahM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AbrahM » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:34 pm

From the games I've seen this season it was very similar. Only difference is we didn't take chances tonight and on other nights we have and have won. We haven't been good all season I don't think

Lonergan 6 had no real saves to make
Ream 5 He was Ok, good on the ball but not a great game
Knight 5 looked clumsy on a few occassions but set up the biggest chance of the game at the end for beckford
Mills 6 Good defensively, Didn't do much wrong really (other than his stupid long range passes he always does)
McNaughton 4 Reminded me of Robinson, absolutely poor
Medo 5 He's a much worse player than he was last season
Spearing 5 He did at least look bothered but he wasnt that good
Hall 5 Lots of ability, dire decision making, can see why he barely plays
Moritz 4 hoped he would play beforehand but he was a massive disappointment
Danns 6 Did well when he got the ball, went quite for periods and had a poor 10 minutes or so near the end
Beckford 4 Barely touched the ball, didnt look bothered when he did and missed a great chance

Lee was alright when he came on Ngog wasnt and mason barely touched it

Those saying Huddersfield only had one shot were clearly not at the game. The hit the post as well and had at least 3 shots which very narrowly went wide, they were the much better team

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 pm

AbrahM wrote:
Those saying Huddersfield only had one shot were clearly not at the game. The hit the post as well and had at least 3 shots which very narrowly went wide, they were the much better team
{ON TARGET}

hitting post is not on target - nor is narrowly wide. I don't doubt they were the better team - I'm just asking how they could have won 3-0 if they only actually had one shot on target... :D

AbrahM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AbrahM » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Whoops Yeah sorry, I meant one shot on target. :D

I was just saying I was suprised that they had only had the one because they came close to scoring several times, but that stat makes it seem like some sort of smash and grab which is not true

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:47 pm

thebish wrote:
AbrahM wrote:
{ON TARGET}

hitting post is not on target - nor is narrowly wide. I don't doubt they were the better team - I'm just asking how they could have won 3-0 if they only actually had one shot on target... :D
Statistic wise it's not on target but it is fecking close.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:49 pm

i wouldn't have congratulated beckford for being fecking close - i don't see why we should big-up uddersfield for going close!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:53 pm

thebish wrote:i wouldn't have congratulated beckford for being fecking close - i don't see why we should big-up uddersfield for going close!
Is it bigging them up or just trying to fairly reflect on the game :conf:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:53 pm

AbrahM wrote:From the games I've seen this season it was very similar. Only difference is we didn't take chances tonight and on other nights we have and have won. We haven't been good all season I don't think

Lonergan 6 had no real saves to make
Ream 5 He was Ok, good on the ball but not a great game
Knight 5 looked clumsy on a few occassions but set up the biggest chance of the game at the end for beckford
Mills 6 Good defensively, Didn't do much wrong really (other than his stupid long range passes he always does)
McNaughton 4 Reminded me of Robinson, absolutely poor
Medo 5 He's a much worse player than he was last season
Spearing 5 He did at least look bothered but he wasnt that good
Hall 5 Lots of ability, dire decision making, can see why he barely plays
Moritz 4 hoped he would play beforehand but he was a massive disappointment
Danns 6 Did well when he got the ball, went quite for periods and had a poor 10 minutes or so near the end
Beckford 4 Barely touched the ball, didnt look bothered when he did and missed a great chance

Lee was alright when he came on Ngog wasnt and mason barely touched it

Exactly. While factually correct this stat tells nothing like the story of the game. We should have scored but then you look at their near misses and poor finishing costs them. Same for us, we should have scored too, but we didn't and sustained pressure and a moment of class won it for them. Fair play, we mugged them at ours last season when they deserved a point and we've got our just deserts today.

It's worth noting also that as the away team, even after scoring they still had a go at us so we were reduced to chucking Zat up and a few minutes flurry at the end. Tables turned we'd be 10 behind the ball, shitting ourselves and inviting them to attack for the last 30 minutes while checking the rule book to see if we could bring a 2nd keeper on.

AbrahM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AbrahM » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Personally I would congratulate Beckford for being close as that is an improvement on most of what I've seen of him :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:58 pm

thebish wrote:i wouldn't have congratulated beckford for being fecking close - i don't see why we should big-up uddersfield for going close!
The point is that one statistic does not reflect the balance of the game.

And while we're addressing your deliberate contrariness, we were the home team, pre-season promotion favourites against last season's relegation battlers. Who are now clearly a better team than us.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:34 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Douglas's attempts to avoid the embarrassment of his appalling 'gameplan' leading to yet another home defeat by a mid-lower table team by desperately playing three strikers and Zat Knight up top not only added to his and our embarrassment tenfold, but is pretty much the final straw for me now. I hoped beyond hope that he'd get it together and push us on, but week after week now he's simply proving beyond all doubt that he hasn't a fecking clue what he's doing and will never move us forward.

I look forward to his usual nonsensical post match interview.

A sad night.
Not too bad interview wise but not adding insult to injury doesn't make things OK really does it?

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/free ... 14141.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:00 am

It would have been lucky if it was on target :)

Sounds like more of the same old shite. Makes me glad I was tucked up in bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I was looking for a response to the setback last game. Sounds like there wasn't any :( How much longer can this go on? Sad to say, but unless we start to look consistently convincing it might be time for yet another rethink. Can't believe I've said that, but I can only see us winning odd matches with draws and losses featuring in the main.

Dougie nearly out :(

mrplow
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mrplow » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:48 am

thebish wrote:
AbrahM wrote:
{ON TARGET}

Not that it actually matters but they definitely had two on target. One went in and Lonergan pushed one round the post in the second half.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:19 am

jaffka wrote:
I dunno! Chris C (who was at the game) says that neither side deserved a win... Smokin Joe says that Huddersfield deserved to win 3-0..... yer pays yer money!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:33 am

thebish wrote:
jaffka wrote:
I dunno! Chris C (who was at the game) says that neither side deserved a win... Smokin Joe says that Huddersfield deserved to win 3-0..... yer pays yer money!
ChrisC also said it was dross...

There are a few other opinions on offer as well, feel free to try but I haven't seen much, if anything to take heart from :?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:47 am

well, what a peculiar team we are. We actually created a number of good chances. The strange thing is most come out of nowhere. Most of our team play is slow, static, disjointed, passive. Bright spot Hall, brings a genuine bit of excitement when he gets on the ball, albeit he made the wrong decision at key moments on a couple of occasions. Ironic that he was given the hook.

Huddersfield team play wise probably just shaded the 1st half, but dictated the 2nd. The space they found/ were given to knock that ball around was scary at times. Wonderful strike for the goal. Deserved their win, since they played the better football and as though they wanted it.

Still fail to see what the Dougie game plan is and how we have improved one jot, unless what I'm seeing is the game plan. I'm afraid I'm in need of educating, if that is the future.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:17 am

thebish wrote:
jaffka wrote:

Neither side troubled the keeper enough to say they deserved the win. I don't remember Andy having anything of note to do. The only clear cut chances on target (apart from the goal) come from Mills (I think) on a corner which pulled a world class stop from the Huddersfield keeper and nice work and good passing got Moritz through on the keeper who pulled off another good save. The only other clear chances (off target) come from Beckford through on the keeper which he put well wide and a header at close range he put wide. Both should have been scored!

Like I said last night though, Huddersfield seen a decent amount of the ball and held it much better. Scannel ran us ragged when he come on. So if people like to choose that as a guide for who deserved the win then you would go for the away team. Most of their shots come from the edge of the box though and when just wide.

For me, last night our biggest problem was bridging the midfield with Beckford. So many times we got the ball and went for a killer pass to Beckford and lost possession.. Something needs to change because we cant keep doing this every game. It might work here and there but is not the solution to winning a long run of games. Yes we concede very little now but we also score very little. If we don't go in front first then we are in trouble and have to resort to shite like putting Knight up front! Its all very desperate and hard to watch.

mrplow
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mrplow » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:well, what a peculiar team we are. We actually created a number of good chances. The strange thing is most come out of nowhere. Most of our team play is slow, static, disjointed, passive. Bright spot Hall, brings a genuine bit of excitement when he gets on the ball, albeit he made the wrong decision at key moments on a couple of occasions. Ironic that he was given the hook.

Huddersfield team play wise probably just shaded the 1st half, but dictated the 2nd. The space they found/ were given to knock that ball around was scary at times. Wonderful strike for the goal. Deserved their win, since they played the better football and as though they wanted it.

Still fail to see what the Dougie game plan is and how we have improved one jot, unless what I'm seeing is the game plan. I'm afraid I'm in need of educating, if that is the future.
'slow, static, disjointed, passive'. Exactly. Agree 100% with the above.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:58 am

Pretty atrocious.

All 3 Midfielders were poor. Moritz should have gone at HT. Beckford's runs are fantastic and on the rare occasions we found him, he absolutely fluffed it!

Defensively, both full backs were constantly caught too high, or too deep and the communication between the centre halves was poor, despite them being our 2 best performers!

Huddersfield played it around nicely at times, but still looked to get the ball up to the frontman quickly. Difference was, theirs could win headers and hold the ball up and ours couldn't.

Big changes needed for Saturday. First one to be dropped for me, would be Spearing. Literally 15 yards off the pace once again.

One last thing.. When Freedman was patting himself on the back for the work that they were doing on the training ground to stop James Vaughan scoring, Huddersfield were clearly working on how to kick the ball to their teammates feet... Simple game made complicated.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:17 am

Yes they made changes at halftime, not content to play for the away draw. When they went ahead they still attacked and had us pinned back. From NSL I felt like I was watching the game from Winter hill for most of the 2nd half, the action was all up the other end.
Can't make it Saturady and not feeling sorry about that. Will see if I can find some poor bugger to take my season ticket!