π = √(4c ) ∑ in Wiggin

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: π = √(4c ) ∑ in Wiggin

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:52 pm

LeverEnd wrote:In the ground just met up with Dan and we're being serenaded by a group of fans with an inflatable sheep singing 'whelan's, how's your leg'.
Holy crude. I think I may have been stood by you and Dan. My mate was a big tall chap with a leather flat cap
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:26 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:In the ground just met up with Dan and we're being serenaded by a group of fans with an inflatable sheep singing 'whelan's, how's your leg'.
Holy crude. I think I may have been stood by you and Dan. My mate was a big tall chap with a leather flat cap
Yeah I saw him, his hat is just like the gay biker in the village people.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:54 pm

jaffka wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
:lol: The Ronnie Corbett lookalike stood at the side of him was me :lol:
Pfffft.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:29 pm

I was in the pie queue when I posted that.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Considering we lost I quite enjoyed today. We were very poor first half, then played really well for half an hour in the 2nd but just seemed to lose it after we equalised. Wigan were up for it but nothing special and defensively not that strong. Felt a bit sorry for Baptiste, he's been playing well recently despite being out of position. Many full-backs will have a hard time with McMannaman, who ironically was less influential 2nd half but scored the bloody winner!
Moritz was superb 2nd half, Mason ran around a lot but that was it.
Best moment of the game for me was Moritz's composure and cross for Danns to score. Worst was Ream's stupidity in handling it because he was under pressure from Holt I think. Not seen it on TV but was right in front of it and immediately thought handball. He's playing well for most of the games but costly mistakes are creeping back in. I'd consider moving him into midfield if he drops any more clangers and dropping Spearing, who was disappointing again.
I was a lot happier at full-time than half time but it's still no points and a very poor league position. 3 defeats in 4, makes the next home game very important indeed.

Edit Some reports are saying it Mills who handled for the pen, in which case I'd like to apologise to Timothy. Thought it was him but I'm blind as a bat even with my bins on.
Last edited by LeverEnd on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eborted
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eborted » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Went to the game and thought I might as well share my thoughts.

Thought Dougie got the initial team right today. Keeping the winning team bar adding some steel in midfield for an away trip against some good attacking players (at this level anyway). Having said that in the first half we were fecking terrible. Baptiste especially got ran inside out while we didn't seem to be winning the midfield battle at all after the successful changes last game.

Second half we were absolutely awesome up until we scored the 2nd goal. Some of the best football I've seen all season and we played pretty well after we went 3-2 down which makes losing so hard to take! It seemed like we thought the job was done after we had scored the second we were in total ascendency and should have pushed on to take the game. The goal was really really soft. Was not a happy chap.

I was really pissed off didn't bring Eagles on. Hollywood may play for himself sometimes but he has shown countless times he can make an impact. Fair enough Beckford coming on and it was great to see Sparky but why choose now to bring him on when were chasing the game and we have better options (he's also gonna find it extremely difficult to get back in the team if Moritz continues this run of form). Hall IMO is not as good as Eagles and was always less likely to make an impact. Why does Dougie hate him so much? Him and Dawson saved his season last year.

Other thoughts

I am really starting to love Danns and would be happy if we got him to the end of the season. Not only does he work tirelessly throughout the game he's also not as shit on the ball as I was initially led to believe from his first few games.

Moritz was awesome in the second half. Everything we did offensively went through him.

Spearing still no where near last season although played well in patches. Still too much giving the ball away and I wish he would fecking stop doing the Robbo arms when looking for a pass. Makes him look like a dick. Still better there than Medo for me though, who i think has been utterly appalling for most of this season, maybe because he was playing them both together I don't know but the midfield looks empty there at times with both of them in.

I'd play the same team next week with Eagles in for Pratley. Looking to bring on Beckford, give some more minutes to Sparky and a fresh Pratley to come and close out the game if were in that position.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Agree about Danns, great attitude and a decent player. Like Pratley but better.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Any match-goers prepared to give the players a rating?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:04 am

TKIZ! wrote:
jaffka wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
:lol: The Ronnie Corbett lookalike stood at the side of him was me :lol:
Is it the original or some copy? I take it that he is a village people fan.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:37 am

Just rewatched the goals. The second one in particular. Ream is just feckin stood there with his finger up his feckin nose playing every man and his dog onside. I dread to think how many goals he's cost us.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:05 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Clearly Uwe Rosler has managed in 2 weeks what we keep being told could take years.
In fairness, although it did take him a while, it didn't take Freedman years to win one game.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:09 am

A joke isn't as funny if you have to explain it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:19 am

boltonboris wrote:Just rewatched the goals. The second one in particular. Ream is just feckin stood there with his finger up his feckin nose playing every man and his dog onside. I dread to think how many goals he's cost us.
Where are they? Still not seen them. Immediately thought it was a penalty but then thought we'd got away with it.
Didn't get a great view of their third as it was up the other end. Did seem to be a lack of marking as their players had time and space though.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:23 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Clearly Uwe Rosler has managed in 2 weeks what we keep being told could take years.
what exactly is it that Rosler has managed in 2 weeks that we keep being told could take years? :conf:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:26 am

thebish wrote:
what exactly is it that Rosler has managed in 2 weeks that we keep being told could take years? :conf:
He lost in Europe and won the game against us via a deflected shot after blowing a 2-0 lead obviously! :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:32 am

thebish wrote:
I refer the honourable member to a previous post.

Actually, you know what, I'll try to explain. Can you imagine the melt-down that we would have experienced had a Coyle team beaten a Dougie team? I can't either, because we all know its impossible. Therefore, Uwe Rosler clearly has some kind of miracle cure for the massive car-crash that Coyle left, as we know it takes years to rebuild from any mess that old Owen leaves.

I await the long drawn out toing-and-froing-responses to this with the kind of anticipation you withhold for special occasions like going to have a couple of wisdom teeth out, or taking your dog to the vets to be put down.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:38 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
thebish wrote:
I refer the honourable member to a previous post.

Actually, you know what, I'll try to explain. Can you imagine the melt-down that we would have experienced had a Coyle team beaten a Dougie team? I can't either, because we all know its impossible. Therefore, Uwe Rosler clearly has some kind of miracle cure for the massive car-crash that Coyle left, as we know it takes years to rebuild from any mess that old Owen leaves.
ahh - I see - you are saying that winning a game by an odd goal in your second week in charge is a successful post-coyle rebuild...

remind me how long coyle was at Wigan?

subtract that length of time from the length of time he was at Bolton, then record your answer (neatly) at the bottom of your next post.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:44 am

So it should have taken Dougie about 10 1/2 weeks to have us sorted then. See.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:49 am

Lord Kangana wrote:So it should have taken Dougie about 10 1/2 weeks to have us sorted then. See.
I'm sure Uwe will be cheered by your apparent confidence that he has "sorted" Wigan. you show remarkable confidence and optimism - well done!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:53 am

Cunningly, he probably concentrated on football first. The devious bastard.

However, as we all know, this makes him an idiot, and eventually he'll be caught out, as his players won't be cleaning their teeth twice a day, giving their seats up on the bus to old ladies or making sure they don't touch the door brass plates and get sticky hand prints on them just after the cleaning lady has spent 20 minutes getting them really shiny (don't you just hate that?).

So its a false economy and in the end and we will have the last laugh!