Parking near the Reebok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wrighty92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Parking near the Reebok

Post by Wrighty92 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:23 am

Hi guys, I'm over from Germany for Xmas/New Year and am taking in the game at the Reebok today. The last time I came to a game and for all the years we had a season ticket, we used to either park in the stadium car park or get the train but we have to drive over today and would rather avoid the car park if possible. Anyone got any suggestions where me and my Dad could park for the game that would be free? We'd try the TESCO round the back of the Reebok but apparently they're quite on top of giving out fines on matchdays

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Parking near the Reebok

Post by clapton is god » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:52 am

Tesco have lightened up now and actually take payment for match parking, so that's an option. I still use the aerospace car park though @ £3.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:09 am

I park on Middlebrook for free......

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:03 am

Brazley Avenue - for nowt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:11 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Brazley Avenue - for nowt.
Fck. That's risky.

Brazley once had a visit from the Kray twins, but they were frightened off.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Anywhere on or just off Chorley New at the back of st Joseph's school. Easiest getaway is from aerospace though, as long as youre back to the car quick!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Don't think the Krays ever got as far north as Horwich. I used to live in a house like those just off Crown lane.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Anywhere on or just off Chorley New at the back of st Joseph's school. Easiest getaway is from aerospace though, as long as youre back to the car quick!
This is a good option if you don't mind a 10 walk. I park at the bottom of Victoria road and cut through the new houses down to the back of asda. Same plan as Bruce I suppose.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Surely its within walking distance of where you live LE.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:22 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Surely its within walking distance of where you live LE.
It's a couple of miles. I walked for the last game but when it's pissing down or my back hurts, or I'm disorganised and running late I drive (so about 90% of the time then!).
I will walk today. :oops:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:30 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Don't think the Krays ever got as far north as Horwich. I used to live in a house like those just off Crown lane.
Wrong Dan. The Krays actually did come up north....viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19100&start=960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Somehow I think if the Krays were really desperate to get a foothold they would have done it without to much fuss, I don't think Bolton has an equivalent to the Krays or the Richardson's. It strange how big a deal is made out of the Krays and the Richardson's and there interests in London yet nobody really mention what they did outside London, the Richardson's did a lot of work in Kent as well as South London. Thank you for giving me an insight into the dealings of the Krays in Bolton Tango.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Sigh.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:06 am

They are clamping down (fortunately not literally) on the parking in the business park - near Kia etc.

I noticed because I got a fine on Saturday after parking in a sneaky spot [back of Scan warehouse] for years and years without issue.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:12 am

Athers wrote:They are clamping down (fortunately not literally) on the parking in the business park - near Kia etc.

I noticed because I got a fine on Saturday after parking in a sneaky spot [back of Scan warehouse] for years and years without issue.
Is it a police or council one? If not don't pay it.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:22 am

I park on the new built estate across from barnstormers pub. There is a cut through to come out near Tesco. 5 minute walk and your straight home after the game with no traffic to sit through.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:35 am

jaffka wrote:
Athers wrote:They are clamping down (fortunately not literally) on the parking in the business park - near Kia etc.

Is it a police or council one? If not don't pay it.
I believe it is from one of those scammer private companies. Researching it later.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:35 am

Athers wrote: I believe it is from one of those scammer private companies. Researching it later.
Oh? Don't know about these. How do they operate?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Athers wrote: I believe it is from one of those scammer private companies. Researching it later.
Perhaps 'scammer' is a bit much but I've heard of many stories of them issuing scattergun fines and taking advantage of people's propensity to just pay it and move on with their lives rather than successfully contest. Perhaps this is what jaffka refers to.

In my own case I know I've been 'a bit sneaky' for years but there's no sign for 50 yards. I note a 1min 40 second gap between the last picture of my car and a picture of a sign they've put up online for me.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... ng-tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I dunno really

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:27 pm

Athers wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Perhaps 'scammer' is a bit much but I've heard of many stories of them issuing scattergun fines and taking advantage of people's propensity to just pay it and move on with their lives rather than successfully contest. Perhaps this is what jaffka refers to.

In my own case I know I've been 'a bit sneaky' for years but there's no sign for 50 yards. I note a 1min 40 second gap between the last picture of my car and a picture of a sign they've put up online for me.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... ng-tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I dunno really
It's effectively an invoice. If you don't agree with it don't pay it. They then have to try to recover it from you, which in practice they will never do. You might get 2-3 legal letters aimed at scaring you. Just bin them.