We're going to visit the queen

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: We're going to visit the queen

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:47 pm

I will buy you are beer you can buy me a coke one step at a time Caps. See you at 11:30.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:51 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:one step at a time Caps. See you at 11:30.
This evening?? Operation Yewtree need to get busy here.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:51 pm

Tomorrow.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Oh, I have suddenly got it :whack: :roll:. You have a very dirty mind Domingo.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:54 pm

1-0 win tomorrow. Tim Ream with the only goal :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:11 am

If you had even a hint of form I'd put a fiver on it.

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:28 am

:D :D
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:30 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:I am an accountant
Really? When did this happen? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:52 am

daib0 wrote:Image

:D :D
My flatmate, who has no interest in football, popped up with this on her phone tonight. Made me smile. Is it big on twitter or something though? Why did she have it?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:23 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:I am an accountant
Really? When did this happen? :conf:
I am training to be an accountant, thus I am training to be a stingy b**tard or so the stereotype goes.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:49 am

Pitch inspection at 1?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:09 am

Really?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:30 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:Really?
Don't know, hence the ?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:31 am

Most likely a twitter rumour spreading like wildfire. Should be fine. I say that...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:37 pm

Enoch wrote:If you had even a hint of form I'd put a fiver on it.
:lol: Go on! You know what the say about the blind squirrel!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi guys,

I've done a Q&A with another Bolton website - so I don't know whether I can post the link (as they also have a forum). I'll fully quote it though ;)

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2014/01/17 ... ading.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - If the link can't be posted, then just remove it :)

Q&A With Reading
Ahead of the 29th meeting between Reading and Bolton, we have got the pre-match views of a Royals supporter.

Wanderers make the long journey to the Madejski Stadium on Saturday, looking to extend a run that has seen them lose just one of their last six games in all competitions.

In our latest edition of Q&A, we have spoken to James Clyde - a Reading supporter from Royals Rendezvous. Ahead of Saturday's game, James shares his views on the likely departure of Adam Le Fondre, a comparison of Nigel Adkins and Brian McDermott, as well as the current problems Wanderers have both on and off the field.

Q: Being real contenders for promotion, what do Reading need in this transfer window to get to the top?
A: Reading are currently in a takeover situation, where we are unable to buy anyone until a takeover is completed. Current owner Anton Zingarevich hasn't appeared at the Madejski Stadium since a friendly match against Oman.

Rumours that the takeover will happen soon are building, following the confirmed 'substantial' bid for Hull defender Jack Hobbs.

Currently, many of our first-team players are injured - so we have been left without a left-back since October, for example. A long-term left-back would be required, as we haven't had one since Nicky Shorey left in 2008. Also, another centre-back would be needed - considering we were down to one for the Nottingham Forest game on New Year's Day. However, we do now have Michael Hector back from his loan at Aberdeen.

Upfront, we are likely to lose Adam Le Fondre - he's becoming unsettled following another spell on the bench. Billy Sharp is rumoured to complete a permanent move when the takeover is completed, being the ideal replacement for "ALF". This would still leave us with three strikers - excluding Jason Roberts, who is very unlikely to ever play football again. A Roberts-type player would be a benefit to us.

Q: Who is the better manager - McDermott or Adkins, and why?
A: This is a difficult question, considering that both have taken teams above expectations in recent years. McDermott came from nowhere to take the Reading job a few years ago and saved us from relegation (finishing in the top half). The following season, we reached a play-off final, before winning the title.

McDermott's style was much more exciting than Adkins' - the ball wouldn't be passed for the sake of it. However, Adkins doesn't have the players to play exciting football, as of yet. This question would probably be easier to answer at the end of the season, but right now - I would prefer to have McDermott.

Q: Who do you believe goes into the game as Reading's in-form player?
A: Alex McCarthy has been on top form this season - and have saved us from having roughly 15 points less.

The number of superb saves he has managed this season has been incredible. McCarthy will probably be snapped up by a Premier League club in the transfer window, with Arsenal interested, and hopefully make his way into the England squad for the World Cup.

Q: What's your opinion of the problems faced by BWFC?
A: If you're referring to the debt problems, then I would be very worried. £164m worth of debt when your season could still go either way is not a position I would want to be in. At least you seem to be able to service the debt at the moment - or else Bolton could end up like Portsmouth.

If you're referring to your team's position, then I wouldn't be as worried. Bolton should have the ability to climb into a mid-table position, or even sneak a play-off place with a good run of form.

Q: Finally, can we have your score prediction and why?
A: No matter who Reading are playing - I always go for a 2-1 win. I'm predicting Beckford* to give Bolton the lead, before Pogrebnyak levels before half-time. Adam Le Fondre will come on to score the winner.

Burnden Aces would like to thank James for taking the time to answer our questions. You can read more from him by heading over to Reading website Royals Rendezvous.

*This interview was conducted before the news broke that Jermaine Beckford would miss the game through injury.

If anyone has any questions before 13:30 - then please feel free to ask :)

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 pm

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:05 pm

That pitch isn't rectangular.
Businesswoman of the year.

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:09 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:That pitch isn't rectangular.
I blame the local egg-ball team.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:11 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:That pitch isn't rectangular.
Should be good for Spearing. He can't kick straight, this season.