We're going to visit the queen

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Re: We're going to visit the queen

Post by Vertigo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Never have I been more glad I couldn't tune in to a Wanderers game...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:27 pm

I didn't go, so I await the verdicts of those who did (not that I'm saying others shouldn't have an opinion).

Just to note that according to the BBC, Reading had 8 shots on target (to our 2). Not a day for goalkeepers, and no matter how well Lonners may have played, you'd suspect he'd be in the cull surely required after a result like this.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Setting up to keep it tight and still shipping 7 and 5 is more worrying than Coyle's naivety of playing Elmander in central midfield vs Stoke. Could be just one of those days where everything goes against you but our whole gameplan is revolved around the first goal. I can't remember the last time we scored first in the game, as soon as we're one nil down we're fecked.

That back four doesn't inspire confidence either.....
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:35 pm

The really sad thing about this is that there will still be some seriously deluded Bolton fans who will still want to give him more time....nothing is ever his fault, poor soul.

I seriously wouldn't trust him to manage an under 12's Sunday league team, he's so far up his own arse - he knows this and he knows that, he knows what's needed, he's great, he'll turn things around.

ED - sack the useless cnut now and get him to take his team selection 'bingo balls' with him....#incompetent deluded clown

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:38 pm

I remember the QPR 1-7 defeat. We had the excuse that day it was due to their astroturf pitch. No such excuses this time.

Since full time, this site has been like our back 4. Slow & cumbersome
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:44 pm

Although this is the biggest defeat of the season, it's not the first tw@tting we have had. For a defensive tactical genius managers team to keep conceding goals like we do shows that he isn't up to the job.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Good news. We'll probably be on longest on the Football League show.
You know, I might even stay up for that... Or catch it later anyway...

I take a kind of morbid satisfaction at having been present at BOTH our worst ever home defeats... 0-6 against Chelsea in the League (?) Cup... and 0-6 in the PL against some knobs whose name I don't remember...

My guess is that I'm not alone in having seen both - CAPS? Tango? Other Ancients of Days?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Bunch of chancers and wasters. Good squad being managed poorly? Bull. We're a crap side being managed by a mediocre boss. And the great news is, we've got no cash to change it! At least we'll have the best stadium in League One. And I'll have plenty of room to spread out! ‪#‎bwfc‬ ‪#‎joke‬ ‪#‎gallowshumour‬ ‪#‎doomed‬

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Dougie Freedman's verdict on the defeat at the Madejski Stadium
Dougie Freedman says his were simply not good enough after a humbling defeat at Reading.

After initially impressing in the early throes at the Madejski Stadium, the Trotters were well beaten by a clinical Reading side on what was a thoroughly disappointing afternoon.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “First of all I would like to apologise to our supporters. They have been great and deserve better than what happened today.

“Our performances have been good of late and we certainly didn’t see that coming.

“It’s a very disappointing day for the football club.

“We have to take it on the chin and now recover from it.

“I was pleased in the manner in which we started the game. We showed good energy, created some chances and missed an opportunity to equalise early on.

“After that point, we conceded goals and as we did a number of our players’ heads dropped. That can’t be happening.

“We must give credit to Reading, they created a good number of opportunities, but we certainly helped them along the way.

“We’ll be right back in training first thing in the morning. We’ll face what happened in the best possible way and focus our efforts on how we can put things right.

“We certainly need to look at bringing players in and that will happen very soon.”

Read more at http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/mana ... YGKFwjT.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See there is positives!!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:06 pm

There are positives.

It didn't rain.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Deluded out of his depth prick

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:13 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Dougie Freedman's verdict on the defeat at the Madejski Stadium
Dougie Freedman says his were simply not good enough after a humbling defeat at Reading.

After initially impressing in the early throes at the Madejski Stadium, the Trotters were well beaten by a clinical Reading side on what was a thoroughly disappointing afternoon.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “First of all I would like to apologise to our supporters. They have been great and deserve better than what happened today.

“Our performances have been good of late and we certainly didn’t see that coming.

This biggest surprise they actually train!!
“It’s a very disappointing day for the football club.

“We have to take it on the chin and now recover from it.

“I was pleased in the manner in which we started the game. We showed good energy, created some chances and missed an opportunity to equalise early on.

“After that point, we conceded goals and as we did a number of our players’ heads dropped. That can’t be happening.

“We must give credit to Reading, they created a good number of opportunities, but we certainly helped them along the way.

“We’ll be right back in training first thing in the morning. We’ll face what happened in the best possible way and focus our efforts on how we can put things right.

“We certainly need to look at bringing players in and that will happen very soon.”

Read more at http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/mana ... YGKFwjT.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See there is positives!!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:24 pm

That penalty decision was complete bollocks too. I don't want to have to watch it again, so I'm sticking resolutely by it.

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:29 pm

HMX wrote:That penalty decision was complete bollocks too. I don't want to have to watch it again, so I'm sticking resolutely by it.
I didn't see it from a decent angle. I was going to the toilet so I was at the bottom of the stand. No-one seem to appeal for it though...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Now then, Clyde. Step carefully, there will be some who want all visitors banned, regardless of previous good behaviour, but answer this: what was your view of the game? Did 7-1 flatter you? Do we look a side in trouble? That sort of thing.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Visitors from other clubs who are ok and make good points should be allowed to post, regardless of how shite we are/have done.

Not wanting to hear the view of others, to me, shows how soft football is.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:39 pm

jaffka wrote:Visitors from other clubs who are ok and make good points should be allowed to post, regardless of how shite we are/have done.

Not wanting to hear the view of others, to me, shows how soft football is.
Again, I agree with the swivel-badged one. The Royals on TW before the game seemed decent sorts. We could learn something.

Of course, if they come the c*nt, then by all means fire, Zulu...

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Now then, Clyde. Step carefully, there will be some who want all visitors banned, regardless of previous good behaviour, but answer this: what was your view of the game? Did 7-1 flatter you? Do we look a side in trouble? That sort of thing.
It seemed a one-off game. You had a chance in the first half that got saved (it was a good save as well), but had it gone in the game would have been very different. We were just clinical today. 7-1 maybe flattered us, but I think that Bolton just had an off game. Your side should be able to survive and reach a safe mid-table position by the end of the season. Our performance came out of nowhere and we won't play like that again all season.

Maybe the "Matt Mills banter" would have inspired our players to score as many as we could against him - considering how he treated our fans to a "two finger salute" when he played for us.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Clyde1998 wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Now then, Clyde. Step carefully, there will be some who want all visitors banned, regardless of previous good behaviour, but answer this: what was your view of the game? Did 7-1 flatter you? Do we look a side in trouble? That sort of thing.
It seemed a one-off game. You had a chance in the first half that got saved (it was a good save as well), but had it gone in the game would have been very different. We were just clinical today. 7-1 maybe flattered us, but I think that Bolton just had an off game. Your side should be able to survive and reach a safe mid-table position by the end of the season. Our performance came out of nowhere and we won't play like that again all season.

Maybe the "Matt Mills banter" would have inspired our players to score as many as we could against him - considering how he treated our fans to a "two finger salute" when he played for us.
Maybe its a performance that has just been waiting to happen. Its what I and maybe others have been waiting for bwfc to deliver, they just never really have.

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:45 pm

jaffka wrote:
Clyde1998 wrote:

Maybe its a performance that has just been waiting to happen. Its what I and maybe others have been waiting for bwfc to deliver, they just never really have.
We haven't been convincing in a win since we beat West Ham 4-2 a couple of seasons ago.

You have a few injuries don't you - maybe that isn't helping you?