We're going to visit the queen

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: We're going to visit the queen

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:16 am

CrazyHorse wrote:7-1 thriller and we're still not on the FLS first. The BBC must really hate Reading.
Brace yourself.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:18 am

Teams have off-days, but surely only the hopelessly shite have days so off that they ship seven to a side sat outside the play-off places before the start of game.

Also, if this was our off-day, when have our on-days been this season? That time we beat Donny Rovers at home? The famous day we nicked a point off a Nottingham Forest side who'd come for a point and were playing a full-back up front?

Obviously 7-1 is a freak result to a certain extent, but it only serves to underline the gulf between us and the sides we're supposed to be competing with.

This season's record against the current top 14 teams stands at...

Played: 17
Won: 0
Drawn: 7
Lost: 10
Goals Scored: 16
Goals Conceded: 37

So even before today, against anyone remotely decent we were struggling to score a goal a game and conceding nearly two. Incidentally, we're going to play seven out of our next ten games against sides in the top half. See you at Shrewsbury.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:48 am

Now in a relegation battle for sure. With DFs ill advised public comments about the players (even though I agree with him) after the game, he may now completely lose the dressing room. I suggest we keep our "hungry" youngsters rather than send them away for loan. We may need them to keep us up.

Thor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thor » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am

I suspect the players will have no respect for him after those comments. Just an apology to the travelling fans and "bad day at the office" would have done for the media, with a full face to face bollocking saved for the changing room. Very poor management.
Dougie himself said words to the effect of "winning here is our biggest achievement so far this season as they will finish in the top two or three this season", after the game against Palace just a few weeks before he took the job. There is no way he will do the honourable thing and fall on his sword, so Gartside needs to do the right thing and kick him and his assistants out now and not have him squander anymore of our diminishing Parachute payments. This will give the new man time to try to get the best out of the squad we have and make any improvements for a decent season next year. Just look at how Boro are turning it around. Mackay is available right now and has the track record. Procrastination is the thief of opportunity!

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:35 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Couple of questions...

1. Was it a penalty? Didn't look like deliberate handball or inside the area to me.

2. What did the home fans do to attract the attention of the Capslock delegation in the first half?
1) Not sure - if it was handball it didn't look inside the box on the replay.
2) Couldn't tell - just saw them running over and our fans in the area seemed to be taunting them. As the Millwall fans put it when we played them - "You'll run an you know you will". :roll:

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:35 am

CrazyHorse wrote:7-1 thriller and we're still not on the FLS first. The BBC must really hate Reading.
We weren't even Sky Sports News' game of the day - the Millwall game was :shock:

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:41 am

Clyde1998 wrote:
We weren't even Sky Sports News' game of the day - the Millwall game was :shock:
Lawro hates us almost for sure but not sure what weight he's got there this season ...
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:21 am

Credit Reading, Le Fondre was unplayable. With that said I'm not pulling my punches anymore, he has to go, Gartside has to go and we need someone who can at least keep us in this division this season.

Regardless of having to pay him off we will get relegated with Freedman in charge. It will take years to undo the damage of this defeat
Pfffft.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:32 am

HMX wrote:There are positives.

It didn't rain.
It did after you left. I had a real insight into the difference between our fans and Reading yesterday. After the game I met a couple of lads I know from school (Reading) and e went into the millennium hotel for a drink, there was several hundred Reading fans in there and it was like a crematorium -b just small groups of people talking quietly amongst themselves. As we left we saw the Bolton team come out of the ground to go onto the coaches and I very nearly told Mr Freedman what I thought of him. When I got back to the station I went back into the 3 guineas with Pru and Kinty (the away fan pub by the station) and the atmosphere was electric with Bolton fans singing and chanting (there must have been about 150 in there of which 50 were singing) loudly and that is after a 7-1 defeat. Just shows how different the tow teams supporters are. "We all dream of a team of Nicky Hunt's".
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:35 am

Great to hear!

But to an extent, it's business as usual for Reading season ticket holders (albeit with a handsome scoreline), but Bolton fans had travelled far, may have stayed over and would make the most of it as it's a big away day out! So I think that's mainly why you get the difference.

Switch the circumstances and Reading fans may have been similar.

Yesterday was far enough self-deprecation for the week. Embarrassed.

Nice to meet Dan, Kinty, Pru and Crayons though.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:18 pm

This was the worst defensive display I have ever seen from us, at times we seemed to want to let Reading score goals - a minimum of two goals were due to one of our players passing to a Reading player on the edge of the area - the mistake by Ream was comical he was passed the ball (it only travelled about 6 yards) and it just ballooned of him at which point Le Fondre struck. I knew Le Fondre would be a threat but the fact he scored a hat trick in the first 40 mins shows just how poor our defence was at marking him. I think all fans who went should have their ticket money refunded but they wont because the club don't care about us - cant see a very good turn out for QPR and for the first time this season I think relegation is a very serious possibility - the bottom 3 are showing some life and we have some very difficult games coming up and I have lost hope with Dougie. I can really see us going down if we don't pick at least a point up from either QPR or Ipswich. After that we have Bournemouth at home which is must win then Burnley at home which we will lose and then were Millwall - lose there and you have to ask whether we really deserve to be in this division. In April we have to go to Wednesday and Doncaster both of which will play a massive role in whether we stay up or not. Its on lads and las's this is no longer a boring mid table finish we are in a relegation battle and with Dougie in charge and these f**wit bottlers playing for us I think it is a battle we will lose.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:56 pm

I think they work down the league on the FLS regardless of how many goals etc.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:12 pm

F*ck me we've had some low ebs in my 30 years as a white but this is up there.

The worst thing about it is we went in 4 down and seemingly showed no fight / interest to save face in the second.

I'm not lining the pockets of the overpaid chairman, management team or players any more. FA Cup games? feck off. Going to use my saturday productively next week instead.

We'll go down. We wont be able to shift players, and if we did dougie would sign shite. The players here havent got the fight for it and the staff arent clever enough. fecking wankers. Bin the lot of em in the summer. Cancel contracts. Start again.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:54 pm

officer_dibble wrote:F*ck me we've had some low ebs in my 30 years as a white but this is up there.

The worst thing about it is we went in 4 down and seemingly showed no fight / interest to save face in the second.

I'm not lining the pockets of the overpaid chairman, management team or players any more. FA Cup games? feck off. Going to use my saturday productively next week instead.

We'll go down. We wont be able to shift players, and if we did dougie would sign shite. The players here havent got the fight for it and the staff arent clever enough. fecking wankers. Bin the lot of em in the summer. Cancel contracts. Start again.
Feel the same. Can't decide whether to go to the Cardiff game to show support for my club or stay away in case my attendance is viewed as backing for Phil & Dougie!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:F*ck me we've had some low ebs in my 30 years as a white but this is up there.

Feel the same. Can't decide whether to go to the Cardiff game to show support for my club or stay away in case my attendance is viewed as backing for Phil & Dougie!
It's the FA Cup! Why are you even questioning it? Our party numbers six. looking forward to it.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm

William the White wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

It's the FA Cup! Why are you even questioning it? Our party numbers six. looking forward to it.
I can think of 7 reasons. Or 5 if we're talking FA cup :wink:

Come Saturday morning I'll probably give in, like the sheep I am, and start wandering slowly down to the Reebok
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:10 pm

i think that result was my fault.

good job the home form's top

:|

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Here are the goals.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Normally, I'd say thanks for posting the highlights...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Normally, I'd say thanks for posting the highlights...
:lol: