Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Freedman out!

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:07 pm

@thebish.

So basically you're calling my pint a poof?

I do feel a bit sorry for people who are constantly being asked to provide soundbites and comments for us to pour over and tear apart. Dougie can't say 'I've got nothing to say' because that doesn't fill the back page of your Super Soaraway BUN but he can't keep his story straight and constantly contradicts himself with his 'education' and 'vision'.

Perhaps HE is the liar.

You only have to tell the truth once.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:11 pm

coffeymagic wrote:@thebish.

So basically you're calling my pint a poof?

I do feel a bit sorry for people who are constantly being asked to provide soundbites and comments for us to pour over and tear apart. Dougie can't say 'I've got nothing to say' because that doesn't fill the back page of your Super Soaraway BUN but he can't keep his story straight and constantly contradicts himself with his 'education' and 'vision'.

Perhaps HE is the liar.

You only have to tell the truth once.
thing is - dougie hasn't been quoted as saying anything here - this was about Iles' assertion that teams are picked 3weeks in advance and only changed through injury (or summat like that)... this is about what Iles claims dougie is doing - not about what dougie has said... this could be several things:

1) totally true
2) partially true
3) exaggerated from words taken out of context to make a sensational-sounding story
4) utter bollox

I know not which...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:40 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: but no team's passing should be dictated by a centre-back, unless he's some sort of Beckenbauer - in which case he'd be more likely to move into midfield, not unlike our dear friends Ivan Campo. and Fernando Hierro.
And Tim Ream?

You know what I mean.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Bottom line people will say it didn't "work" but all depends how you view it.
They've got this new-fangled thing called The League Table. Its quite an unimaginative title, and its not all-encompassing, for example, it can't measure how much work one does behind the scenes, but its still a fairly decent indicator of how well things "work". You should try it.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:01 pm

:lol:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:37 pm

As Bish only wants facts because even minuted notes can be interpreted differently, I noticed another fact to add to our record breaking season is that DF has managed to feck up our bogie team status with QPR - according to BBC we had 7 wins and 1 draw in previous 8 meetings, until this seasons L2. Boo to loss of bogie team status.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:06 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:As Bish only wants facts because even minuted notes can be interpreted differently, I noticed another fact to add to our record breaking season is that DF has managed to feck up our bogie team status with QPR - according to BBC we had 7 wins and 1 draw in previous 8 meetings, until this seasons L2. Boo to loss of bogie team status.
:conf: is it REALLY that controversial to raise a question as to whether a journo has beefed up and exaggerated some remarks, taken them slightly out of context and added them up to make a headline more sensational than reality warrants?

would that be SO unbelievable?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:08 pm

We were all around at the time bish. It doesn't need reinterpreting, you're just indulging in pedantry for the sake of it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:09 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:We were all around at the time bish. It doesn't need reinterpreting, you're just indulging in pedantry for the sake of it.
at the time of what?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:10 pm

Give over.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:33 pm

ok LK - if you genuinely believe that dougie actually sets the teamsheet 3 weeks in advance and only changes it if there are injuries - because Iles tells you so (and we were all around at the time!) - knock yourself out!

for my part, will continue to reserve a little healthy non-gullible skepticism..

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:44 pm

thebish wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:As Bish only wants facts because even minuted notes can be interpreted differently, I noticed another fact to add to our record breaking season is that DF has managed to feck up our bogie team status with QPR - according to BBC we had 7 wins and 1 draw in previous 8 meetings, until this seasons L2. Boo to loss of bogie team status.
:conf: is it REALLY that controversial to raise a question as to whether a journo has beefed up and exaggerated some remarks, taken them slightly out of context and added them up to make a headline more sensational than reality warrants?

would that be SO unbelievable?
My reference to you was just about the general line you've taken on many threads wrt admissable evidence, as though because things can't be definitely proven, we can't have an opinion. Of course its completely believable that a journo could be economical with the truth, which is why I commented on the eagles comments, as it seemed to corroborate it. Without going over the same debate as previously, its not a court of law, we are merely spouting opinions. We are all only seeing bits of information and joining the dots to make a picture. The more info from more sources the better the picture, although anyone could still see a different picture. I'm all for the 1001 ways to skin a cat adage, but at the end of the day the real measure is on the pitch and in the league table.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:50 pm

thebish wrote:ok LK - if you genuinely believe that dougie actually sets the teamsheet 3 weeks in advance and only changes it if there are injuries - because Iles tells you so (and we were all around at the time!) - knock yourself out!

for my part, will continue to reserve a little healthy non-gullible skepticism..
Unless you think Iles made up the quote, Freedman has said that he tells his strikers they'll get a chance and specifies how many games they'll be playing. That coincides with the recent comments from Iles, about Freedman picking his team 3 weeks in advance. It'd also explain some of the odd exclusions we've seen, such as Moritz being dropped after scoring twice etc..

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:56 pm

thebish wrote:ok LK - if you genuinely believe that dougie actually sets the teamsheet 3 weeks in advance and only changes it if there are injuries - because Iles tells you so (and we were all around at the time!) - knock yourself out!

does anyone actually know Iles well to ask if he was joking ? Fully appreciate the dark arts of printed journalism, but often wonder what he knows but what he's discreet about. Remember reading an article in the post Megson era when he talked about a Megson pre season training in austria I think and watching jussi practice lumping the ball upto SKD for hour after hour. He made it clear that it was dispiriting to watch as the shape of things to come, but he didnt reveal till Megson had gone.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:23 pm

When you look at the selection, his comments and what others have said it says in favour that he does. The man is dragging us down.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:28 pm

I don't give a monkey's whether he's picking the team 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 minutes, or 3 nanoseconds ahead. As LK has pointed out, the measure is our lowly league position, which is crap, and is in danger of being crapper.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Explains how stubborn he is about tactics though.

League position is shit as well.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:32 pm

jaffka wrote:Explains how stubborn he is about tactics though.

League position is shit as well.
I agree.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Bottom line people will say it didn't "work" but all depends how you view it.
They've got this new-fangled thing called The League Table. Its quite an unimaginative title, and its not all-encompassing, for example, it can't measure how much work one does behind the scenes, but its still a fairly decent indicator of how well things "work". You should try it.
So you're saying you always judge a manager purely on results and league position?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:20 pm

I'm pretty certain that's not what I wrote.

Yep, a complete re-read confirms that's exactly what I didn't write.