Toothless. Burnley at Home.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Toothless. Burnley at Home.

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm

Those boos were justified and hopefully Gartside listens to them. Freedman has got to go before our next game.

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm

meh

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 pm

meh

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:06 pm

I seriously hope that the fans gave plenty of loud 'Freedman Out' & 'Gartside Out' chants.

How either of them can continue is astonishing....Freedman's decision to allow C Davies to leave on loan leaving us with no striker options should be enough to get the useless c*nt sacked tonight....chasing the game again with no strikers to bring on from the bench.

No way back for Freedman now - he's lost the players and now the majority of the fans.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:08 pm

Please form an orderly queue to conga round the bonfire.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Sounded like we had a go in the first half then followed it up with the usual meek surrender in the second. Be interested to hear the views of them that went. Be more interested to hear he's walked though
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:10 pm

Cue the [ we deserved more out of this game] Reaction from Dougless.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Be more interested to hear he's walked though
He won't walk, and he won't be pushed until we're in the drop zone - and even then it's not a certainty

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Has Eddie Davis really got so much money that he just could,nt give a rats arse anymore?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Be more interested to hear he's walked though
He won't walk, and he won't be pushed until we're in the drop zone - and even then it's not a certainty
Quite right. He's not going to get sacked for losing to second in the league. I think his job this season (as defined by ED/PG) is simply to avoid the drop and lose the high earners.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:20 pm

Can the new manager (appointed by the new chairman in my world) recall craig davies or is it a fixed deal till the summer?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:22 pm

I don't think he'll walk. Love to hear he has though!! If his remit is to avoid relegation he's running it bloody close
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:25 pm

I'm struggling to think of the last time anywhere a manager "walked". There isn't any incentive to do so.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:32 pm

It's known as mutual consent.

He hasn't got the balls to walk

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:32 pm

Gordon Strachan at boro?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Just got in.. arse is defrosting as we speak.

We were fantastic first 20 minutes and really put them under alot of pressure. After that we dropped the pressure and let Burnley come into the game. Second half was shite.. shite.. more shite and shite sprinkles on top.

I sit next to the bench and Dougie seemed different to usual when we was losing. Almost as if he knew he was close to the boot. I hope he is. When was the last time he threw 2 attacking players on the second we concede? I might be looking into it to much but Dougie seemed desperate today.

HE HAS TO GO AND HE HAS TO GO NOW!!!!

I was very surprised at how restrained the fans were tonight. Only really got major boo's at FT. Didn't hear one chant for Dougie's head until I got outside the stadium.

Burnley were pretty average tonight but showed why they are up the top end. Winning the game when not at their best.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Burnley got the three points that they needed. Thanks feck they didn't play well, or it could have been embarrassing.

After falling behind, the manager with his fantastic transfer decisions has left himself short up front to try and get a result. Too late to rectify this now?

Really, did anyone expect anything else that a defeat?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 pm

Had real trouble posting second half. Me or the site, not sure which? Didn't really matter as I was pretty pxssed off by then anyway. The commentators main bone to chew was "why the fxck didn't he bring Mark Davies or/and Moritz on when we were level at 0-0 instead of waiting for us to be behind? It was a pretty widespread question.

They were one up and brought on a striker, we go one down and defend. Frantic last five minutes and goalie up isn't really the plan Dougies, is it? If so, it needs a change. We were'nt hammered, that's for sure, but, for the seven-hundredth time, "It's goals that count". Goals win games. Good play is great but about as much use as a homeless man waving a flag as the Queen passes if all we do is lose. All to no avail is what good football rates as if you lose the game. Not sure what Craig Davies has done wrong. We loan him out then have to take a striker on loan ourselves because our quick-on-the-draw men have melted away. Sordell? N'gog off to foreign climes, Beckford sicknoting and Dougie gives the fans a present of a player he doesn't use. The big lad sounds useful but it all sounds a bit like Groundhog day of the K.D era. He won eveything up front but the cavalry never got to the battle. Unless strikers get support they can't strike. Right now we can't buy a win anywhere. Holding Burnley to a one-goal loss doesn't really do it for me.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Home and resigned rather than pissed off. Saturday was far worse for me. Eagles and Chungy were on fire early on and Juke doing a sterling job in front of them. Then we faded slightly at the end of the half, they started the 2nd half well and it was almost a foregone conclusion even at nil all. Depressing thing to admit, but I'd be lying if I said I felt otherwise. Always expected to lose that one. It's about staying up and ditching Freedman now.
Wheater played well tonight, good to see him back. Mills passing was awful but defended solidly. Ream was OK, Baptiste the weak link once again. A massive disappointment that lad.
Spearing full of effort but low on quality, Medo average, Trotter more Grandad than Del or Rodney. Eagles started well but finished abysmally, CYL faded out. Those two left Juke stranded 2nd half. He played well but needs support and he was played in at one point and didn't have a clue what to do. I can see why his scoring record is so poor, goals like Saturday's are once in a blue moon I think. I'd like to see Beckford alongside him, but not holding my breath. Especially as the superdooper sciencey lot seem to have doubled his injury layoff time.

AbrahM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AbrahM » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Started off well, particularly Chungy and Juke. Second half was probably the worst Half I've seen from us this year, we didn't create a thing. Up until now I was in the better the devil you know camo but he has to go after this. I can forgive results but that performance really was dreadful. Burnley were a very poor team, if I didn't know otherwise I'd guess they were lower half of the table. The tactics were awful and the selection was woeful. Spearing and Medo!!!! How many times!!!! Trotter should have come and sat next to me he that much of a spectator, waste of a loan. I really think Pratley would have been perfect behind the striker tonight. I hope that Mavies wasn't fully fit because leaving him on the bench is otherwise inexcusable

Bogdan 5 Not too much to do but some of his kicks were dreadful
Baptiste 4 didn't look bothered I didn't think
Wheater 5 I don't think Knight deserved to be dropped
Mills 5 Somebody tell him he's not Steven Gerrard
Ream 2 He really wass terrible
Medo 4 I don't know what has happened to last year's Medo
Spearing 5 Was actually better than he has been but that really isn't saying much
Lee 6 very good early on, subsequently vanished
Eagles 1 ran past their right back and but in a dangerous ball after 5 mins, it went disastrously downhill after that
Trotter 3 Pratley's ability with Eagles' determination
Jutkewiecz 7 his hold up play is very good and worked well with Lee early on, had no support later though