Toothless. Burnley at Home.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Toothless. Burnley at Home.

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:49 pm

they were very good against QPR, tonight they were average and won. they got the result they needed

doggie is clueless he has backed himself into a formation that constantly fails with his transfer policy of getting rid of the strikers

stubborn c*nt, he is

AbrahM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AbrahM » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:17 am

ChrisC wrote:
AbrahM wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

A change of manager would stop the decent down the league. We have more than enough to be up the top end of the league.
It worked for Wolves
You mean the same Wolves that took on a shit manager and replaced him with another shite one from the league below? At least put some meat on the bones rather than sniping digs!
Sorry, didn't mean to be snide just saying that sackings can make things worse especially at this stage of the season (and with Gartside's record of choosing managers)

After the last 2 games (which if we played like we did against Forest we would have got 6 points) I've accepted that we are in a relegation battle and I agree with you that it is unlikely that it will get any worse by getting rid.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 am

1 win in 11.
6 wins in 30.
2 wins in 15 at home.
0 wins in 18 games against teams in the top half.
Freedman talking about Burnley post-match in the same way his predecessors used to talk about playing Man Utd and Chelsea.

Utterly pathetic.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:36 am

DOUGIE Freedman has called on some of his players to take greater responsibility in what he admits is now a relegation dogfight in the Championship.

After an encouraging first half, Wanderers crumbled after Burnley took the lead through Sam Vokes’ 16th goal of the season.

The Whites have now taken just three out of 24 available points and defeat against their local rivals leaves them staring anxiously over their shoulder at the bottom three, with a daunting trip to Millwall on the horizon this weekend.

“They realise the position they are in right now and that it is going to be a dogfight,” said the Scot, whose side are winless in eight league games.

“We only lost one point because we didn’t deserve all three.

“But I do think this is going to be decided against the teams around us, not those at the top.

“You have to look at certain individuals and make sure they are in it together.

“I have given everyone a chance to play and some of those players can’t quite handle playing under certain pressures. You saw that in the last 10-15 minutes.

“Performances go from very good to mediocre, so we have to look at that.

“I would like to think they are together but have they got the quality at both ends? I don’t think we have right now.”

Many Wanderers fans are now calling for Freedman to be sacked 16 months into his tenure but the former Crystal Palace boss is determined to ride out the storm.

“I don’t have that fear – I don’t live my life that way,” he said when asked if he was worried about losing his job.

“My experience tells me I am a fighter, someone who wants a challenge and keeps going.

“People say football has a habit of kicking you in the teeth and it’s doing it to me right now.

“I understand where we are but I don’t fear it.”

Fans once again voiced their disapproval at the end of the game – albeit in slightly less dramatic fashion than after Saturday’s 2-2 draw against Bournemouth.

Freedman feels fans can have no complaint with his players’ endeavour on the night – only their execution at either end of the pitch.

“They can’t say my team isn’t giving it a go or lacking commitment, showing the wrong attitude. Small mistakes are costing us dearly right now,” he said.

“It was Burnley’s nous in the last 10-15 minutes that won them the game.

“If they are giving me their all then I can’t really sit here and complain, all I can say is that we have to score goals when we’re on top.

“I felt we had the right possession in the first half against a good side but then I have said that too many times.

“I can’t criticise the players and I would if everything wasn’t quite right.

“But 45 minutes isn’t quite enough and we need one or two people to step up and take more responsibility either for scoring a goal or making sure one doesn’t go in.”

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:06 am

ChrisC wrote:
DOUGIE Freedman has called on some of his players to take greater responsibility in what he admits is now a relegation dogfight in the Championship.

After an encouraging first half, Wanderers crumbled after Burnley took the lead through Sam Vokes’ 16th goal of the season.

The Whites have now taken just three out of 24 available points and defeat against their local rivals leaves them staring anxiously over their shoulder at the bottom three, with a daunting trip to Millwall on the horizon this weekend.

“They realise the position they are in right now and that it is going to be a dogfight,” said the Scot, whose side are winless in eight league games.

“We only lost one point because we didn’t deserve all three.

“But I do think this is going to be decided against the teams around us, not those at the top.

“You have to look at certain individuals and make sure they are in it together.

“I have given everyone a chance to play and some of those players can’t quite handle playing under certain pressures. You saw that in the last 10-15 minutes.

“Performances go from very good to mediocre, so we have to look at that.

“I would like to think they are together but have they got the quality at both ends? I don’t think we have right now.”

Many Wanderers fans are now calling for Freedman to be sacked 16 months into his tenure but the former Crystal Palace boss is determined to ride out the storm.

“I don’t have that fear – I don’t live my life that way,” he said when asked if he was worried about losing his job.

“My experience tells me I am a fighter, someone who wants a challenge and keeps going.

“People say football has a habit of kicking you in the teeth and it’s doing it to me right now.

“I understand where we are but I don’t fear it.”

Fans once again voiced their disapproval at the end of the game – albeit in slightly less dramatic fashion than after Saturday’s 2-2 draw against Bournemouth.

Freedman feels fans can have no complaint with his players’ endeavour on the night – only their execution at either end of the pitch.

“They can’t say my team isn’t giving it a go or lacking commitment, showing the wrong attitude. Small mistakes are costing us dearly right now,” he said.

“It was Burnley’s nous in the last 10-15 minutes that won them the game.

“If they are giving me their all then I can’t really sit here and complain, all I can say is that we have to score goals when we’re on top.

“I felt we had the right possession in the first half against a good side but then I have said that too many times.

“I can’t criticise the players and I would if everything wasn’t quite right.

“But 45 minutes isn’t quite enough and we need one or two people to step up and take more responsibility either for scoring a goal or making sure one doesn’t go in.”
Sorry Dugout, the only thing you'd inspire anything to is suicide.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:31 am

Well that's just great masters of our own downfall as always http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -at-bolton
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 am

We only lost one point
That's the spirit!

Clueless nice person.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:14 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:Well that's just great masters of our own downfall as always http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -at-bolton
Whoever wrote that is clearly a bit dim, but I doubt it made any difference. They didn't look angry or inspired to me, actually quite mediocre, but that's all it takes to beat us.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:45 am

LeverEnd wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Well that's just great masters of our own downfall as always http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -at-bolton
Whoever wrote that is clearly a bit dim, but I doubt it made any difference. They didn't look angry or inspired to me, actually quite mediocre, but that's all it takes to beat us.
Maybe Dyche only read it at half-time, or possibly during the first half, when we were on top.

Meanwhile: "We need one or two people to step up and take more responsibility either for scoring a goal or making sure one doesn’t go in"

By Jove, I think Dougie's cracked this management lark!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:51 am

Well done again, Ginger. What's the best outcome that he's hoping for by watching a ball that he could've stopped with his knob roll across the six yard box - and how many more times is he going to allow this to happen?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:00 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Well done again, Ginger. What's the best outcome that he's hoping for by watching a ball that he could've stopped with his knob roll across the six yard box - and how many more times is he going to allow this to happen?
Need to see it again, only saw it live, but from memory I'd say that is a tad harsh on Boggers. We let them get a cross in far too easily, again. As neither Ream nor Lee did their jobs properly.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Well done again, Ginger. What's the best outcome that he's hoping for by watching a ball that he could've stopped with his knob roll across the six yard box - and how many more times is he going to allow this to happen?
Need to see it again, only saw it live, but from memory I'd say that is a tad harsh on Boggers. We let them get a cross in far too easily, again. As neither Ream nor Lee did their jobs properly.
Oh I agree that they got the ball in too easily, however, as the ball comes across the box, Ginger inexplicably just drops to his right rather than deal with the ball as it comes across. Whoever it was that was on Vokes didn't cover themselves with glory either, but the ball should never have been allowed to travel that far. I really don't think that I'm being even remotely harsh on Bogdan.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:10 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Oh I agree that they got the ball in too easily, however, as the ball comes across the box, Ginger inexplicably just drops to his right rather than deal with the ball as it comes across. Whoever it was that was on Vokes didn't cover themselves with glory either, but the ball should never have been allowed to travel that far. I really don't think that I'm being even remotely harsh on Bogdan.
Hopefully there will be some highlights up later. Whatever, that goal summed things up. Total lack of concentration from half the team, mistakes, switching off half heartedness.

Frustrating thing is that for half an hour first half we were very good. Great space between back four and midfield that had depth, Jutkie... was buzzing up front, hit the bar, dominated the game. Almost perfect. Then we just seem to stop doing it.

Feck knows why.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:17 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: Frustrating thing is that for half an hour first half we were very good. Great space between back four and midfield that had depth, Jutkie... was buzzing up front, hit the bar, dominated the game. Almost perfect. Then we just seem to stop doing it.

Feck knows why.
But it's like this nearly every week - the belief and the discipline palpably dissipate. Our Kid, who went in my seat said "What do they do at half time? Pass a fecking bong around?"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:20 am

Didn't go last night. My lad reckoned we looked like 442 or even 433 for most of the first half, but in the second half we dropped back to 451 and lost momentum. Does that ring true for those that went??
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:24 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Didn't go last night. My lad reckoned we looked like 442 or even 433 for most of the first half, but in the second half we dropped back to 451 and lost momentum. Does that ring true for those that went??

Formation looked pretty much the same until Moritz and Davies come on. Moritz seemed more advanced for the short time he was on.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:27 am

The problem is, each week, I can see a decent 30 minutes or so (with some noticeable exceptions), maybe a full half of football.

Each week, I see us leak a goal or two by dint of personal cockup.

Each week, I see us creating some reasonable build up to the edge of the area then not having a scooby.

We've started becoming pleased, when a set piece doesn't hit the wall/first man

We've started becoming pleased with 30 minutes decent football, pleased we didn't get dicked by a side with half our budget that we expected to lose against. Happy to get a point against a team that was in the third tier.

It's a fecking shambles. The measurement of good, remains as 3 points, not fecking subsets below that.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Goal:

https://vine.co/v/MWQxhTZPKUD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:36 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Frustrating thing is that for half an hour first half we were very good. Great space between back four and midfield that had depth, Jutkie... was buzzing up front, hit the bar, dominated the game. Almost perfect. Then we just seem to stop doing it.

Feck knows why.
But it's like this nearly every week - the belief and the discipline palpably dissipate. Our Kid, who went in my seat said "What do they do at half time? Pass a fecking bong around?"
Maybe the honchos of the opposition change their shape/tactics etc and our honchos don't react to it which makes our players look like dicks.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Feck knows why.
Absolutely. It is very worrying that confidence is so fragile. Along with concentration and everything else. I think it reflects in a total lack of leadership on the pitch. And it is something that should have been addressed but hasn't, which is more frustrating.