Attitudes towards female fans

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Attitudes towards female fans

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Next time one of you spends 5 hours wandering around a shopping centre with your other half despite the fact that yourself and your other half don't need any new clothes I will remind you of this.

Football has traditionally been a the working class mans day out just the same as if you go to a shopping centre on a Saturday you will find that the majority of people there are not interested in football and more are female than male. Girls and woman of all ages go to their local shopping centre on a Saturday, whether they buy anything or not is another matter but it is their day out. As such I honestly believe if next Saturday every male who normally goes to football on a Saturday and decided to do what their wives/girlfriends did on a Saturday instead then they(the male) would almost certainly not enjoy as much, would constantly be looking up the football score on his phone. miss not being a t the game and would find the whole experience(whether it be shopping or whatever) a bit boring. Much the same if tomorrow every woman who has a husband/ boyfriend who normally goes to the match on a Saturday they probably would not be to impressed if they went to the football instead of doing whatever they normally do on a Saturday.

Most people you will find in a football ground on a Saturday will be male because men like football and woman don't. Of course there are men who don't like football(I was horrified to learn as such when I was 8 years old and asked my teacher what team does he supports and he said he wasent interested in sports) and there are women (such as GG, 89 and Mrs TW15) who like football and find themselves watching games on a Saturday.

I am simply stating fact that football is a sport that is male dominant and that the powers that be realise is male dominant and therefore market it as such. There are plenty of industries which a female dominant that also realise that their market is women not blokes.

I have no problem with women coming to football in fact I much preferred it when I used to see whole families going to Bolton away games but for one reason or another in the last couple of years I have seen less woman and much much less children at games.
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Before I put in my three-pen'orth .... are we talking about attractive, fit, 20-something female fans or ones like the two owd bids who sit in-front of me ???

It will mean a different take on things I think.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:12 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Next time one of you spends 5 hours wandering around a shopping centre with your other half despite the fact that yourself and your other half don't need any new clothes I will remind you of this.

Football has traditionally been a the working class mans day out just the same as if you go to a shopping centre on a Saturday you will find that the majority of people there are not interested in football and more are female than male. Girls and woman of all ages go to their local shopping centre on a Saturday, whether they buy anything or not is another matter but it is their day out. As such I honestly believe if next Saturday every male who normally goes to football on a Saturday and decided to do what their wives/girlfriends did on a Saturday instead then they(the male) would almost certainly not enjoy as much, would constantly be looking up the football score on his phone. miss not being a t the game and would find the whole experience(whether it be shopping or whatever) a bit boring. Much the same if tomorrow every woman who has a husband/ boyfriend who normally goes to the match on a Saturday they probably would not be to impressed if they went to the football instead of doing whatever they normally do on a Saturday.

Most people you will find in a football ground on a Saturday will be male because en like football and woman don't. Of course their are men who don't like football(I was horrified to learn as such when I was 8 years old and asked my teacher what team does he support and he said he wasent interested in sports) and their are woman (such as GG, 89 and Mrs TW15) who like football and find themselves watching games on a Saturday.

I am simply stating fact that football is a sport that is male dominant and that the powers that be realise is male dominant and therefore market it as such. There are plenty of industries which a female dominant that also realise that their market is women not blokes.

I have no problem is woman coming to football in fact I much preferred it when I used to see whole families going to Bolton away games but for one reason or another in the last couple of years I have seen less woman and much much less children at games.
This ^ actually, makes a lot of sense.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Really or are you taking the p*ss.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:24 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Really or are you taking the p*ss.
Really.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Well im a bit surprised given the number of spelling errors I have made and half of this thread has been "Dan shut up your talking bo**ocks".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:58 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Well im a bit surprised given the number of spelling errors I have made and half of this thread has been "Dan shut up your talking bo**ocks".
I think the problem with your earlier remark, Dan, is that you were describing situations as being gender-specific that were anything but. You wouldn't get me down at Millwall for a gold pig that could shit gold bars to order, but that aside, given the choice of taking in a game at The Emirates or watching Gillingham v Charlton then those making their way to Kent would be in a tiny minority regardless as to how they go about taking a piss.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:17 pm

One of my proudest possessions is a BWFC season ticket book from the sixties which belonged to my great-great-auntie. JSL.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Prufrock wrote:One of my proudest possessions is a BWFC season ticket book from the sixties which belonged to my great-great-auntie. JSL.
60s... Great great aunt! :shock:
Fckin whippersnappers, if it was my great great aunt we'd be talking 18fxckin60s :|
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:37 pm

My great gran, her elder sister, was born in 1912 so I guess she was about 50 at the time. Dead interesting woman. Lost her sweetheart in the war and stayed a bacherlotette thereon in. Egerton gal who loved the whites!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:10 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Im not sure I would like to think if football is ready for Fat Frank then it is ready for me. In answer to what Bruce said I probably would not be inclined to take a child or a woman for that matter to Millwall vs. West Ham or to Besiktas vs. Bolton(Mind you my dad took me to that one and I was only like 10). In the same way I don't think GG would be to excited about going to Gillingham vs Charlton or Rochdale vs Oldham when she could watch Arsenal vs Spuds or Utd vs Citeh. I also know that most woman don't like cold grim football grounds with terracing when compared to padded seating at Arsenal.

Dan, I really don't know where to start. It saddens and surprises me that one so young see's female football fan's this way, I would have thought if anyone held these views it would be the older generation but Tango etc are far more enlightened. Several other posters I thought better of have disappointed me with their views on this thread but you are the one that has come out with the biggest load of crap so I will attempt to put you straight.

Firstly, yes, I agree with being careful with taking children to certain football matches. I'd rather my twins didn't see violence or hear awful language at a young age so I'm more inclined for their first game to be The Emirates Cup rather then a local derby - but you wouldn't take women to certain games?! Really? To start with - we don't need to be 'taken' - we are perfectly capable of buying tickets, using public transport and entering a stadium and watching a football game on our own, secondly, we can view violence and hear bad language without going up in a puff of smoke or having an attack of hysterics. I've been to my fair share of London Derbys, home and away through the years, I've stood in the spurs home end at WHL with an Arsenal shirt underneath my coat probably before you were even born, I've stood in the middle of drunk, violent and racist Chelsea fans singing offensive songs whilst queuing for the tube and I'm still here, alive, not put off going to football games.

As for your ridiculous allegation that we are only interested in the big games and not any others, yeah, of course I would rather go watch Arsenal play spurs then Rochdale play Oldham but that's because I'm an Arsenal fan. They're my team :roll: If it's not an Arsenal game I don't give a toss who it is, premier league or lower. Why would I want to go watch Manchester United? I hate Manchester United. I've happily stood and enjoyed watching Yeovil town without worrying about placing my bum on a padded seat. Do you really think women care more then men about how palatial a stadium is? Do you think I support Arsenal because they have the comfiest chairs?! How do you know women don't like grim cold terracing? Have you asked many? Do you even know any women to talk to?

I despair Dan, I really do. You've never met me, it's fairly clear from your post you don't have a clue about womankind at all so I can tell you for free you are completely and utterly wrong, I'm not a massive exception to 'the rule' there are many, many more women like me.

And FYI - Mr GG? likes football but is not a 'fan'.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:22 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Im not sure I would like to think if football is ready for Fat Frank then it is ready for me. In answer to what Bruce said I probably would not be inclined to take a child or a woman for that matter to Millwall vs. West Ham or to Besiktas vs. Bolton(Mind you my dad took me to that one and I was only like 10). In the same way I don't think GG would be to excited about going to Gillingham vs Charlton or Rochdale vs Oldham when she could watch Arsenal vs Spuds or Utd vs Citeh. I also know that most woman don't like cold grim football grounds with terracing when compared to padded seating at Arsenal.

Dan, I really don't know where to start. It saddens and surprises me that one so young see's female football fan's this way, I would have thought if anyone held these views it would be the older generation but Tango etc are far more enlightened. Several other posters I thought better of have disappointed me with their views on this thread but you are the one that has come out with the biggest load of crap so I will attempt to put you straight.

Firstly, yes, I agree with being careful with taking children to certain football matches. I'd rather my twins didn't see violence or hear awful language at a young age so I'm more inclined for their first game to be The Emirates Cup rather then a local derby - but you wouldn't take women to certain games?! Really? To start with - we don't need to be 'taken' - we are perfectly capable of buying tickets, using public transport and entering a stadium and watching a football game on our own, secondly, we can view violence and hear bad language without going up in a puff of smoke or having an attack of hysterics. I've been to my fair share of London Derbys, home and away through the years, I've stood in the spurs home end at WHL with an Arsenal shirt underneath my coat probably before you were even born, I've stood in the middle of drunk, violent and racist Chelsea fans singing offensive songs whilst queuing for the tube and I'm still here, alive, not put off going to football games.

As for your ridiculous allegation that we are only interested in the big games and not any others, yeah, of course I would rather go watch Arsenal play spurs then Rochdale play Oldham but that's because I'm an Arsenal fan. They're my team :roll: If it's not an Arsenal game I don't give a toss who it is, premier league or lower. Why would I want to go watch Manchester United? I hate Manchester United. I've happily stood and enjoyed watching Yeovil town without worrying about placing my bum on a padded seat. Do you really think women care more then men about how palatial a stadium is? Do you think I support Arsenal because they have the comfiest chairs?! How do you know women don't like grim cold terracing? Have you asked many? Do you even know any women to talk to?

I despair Dan, I really do. You've never met me, it's fairly clear from your post you don't have a clue about womankind at all so I can tell you for free you are completely and utterly wrong, I'm not a massive exception to 'the rule' there are many, many more women like me.

Do I sense a 'Mrs Robinson' somewhere here?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

I don't really know how to respond to that tbh, I would just suggest you take my 3rd post a bit more seriously than my first two. I could defend myself but what would be the point?

thestudent
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by thestudent » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:13 pm

The questionnaire can be completed here: https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/durham/femalefans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 pm

boltonboris wrote:You've actually made me laugh there GG. Well played.

But seriously. #banwomenfromfootball
#bangingersfromfootball

#wittybantz

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:24 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:

#bangingersfromfootball

#wittybantz
Welcome back !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:41 am

89bwfc89 wrote:

#bangingersfromfootball

#wittybantz
#SaharaGold
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 am

boltonboris wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

#bangingersfromfootball

#wittybantz
#SaharaGold
Is that like titian blonde?

#i.e. ginge?