Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:I punched the air and shouted 'get in Boggers, you fcking cnut', which, in the cold light of day, seems a little harsh on the lad :D.
I was so irritated I called my Dad and was bitching and moaning at him then screaming down the phone before hanging up without saying goodbye. He didn't mind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:51 pm

Drama queens.

I gave a little wry smile.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 am

I've always said that a last minute equaliser is more demoralising to the opposition than a last minute winner.

There's more of an emotional swing when you lose 3 points rather than losing 1.

For the Pie Eaters to equalise right at the death and then think they'd won in injury time only to come away with the draw probably had them crying in their beer all night.

Good.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 am

Does anyone else think, with the right leadership, we've got a decent team?

Every game though, we seem to play with 10 men as there's always someone who's being played woefully out of position, in this case Trotter.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:13 am

Prufrock wrote:He was looking for it certainly, but it was still a foul. Like Knight on Zaha last year, knock it past and wait to be tripped. Not up to him to try to avoid Baptiste though. I cannot see why defenders dive in on those situations! If he'd stayed on his feet McManaman wasn't getting any more than a corner.
I thought it was because Baptiste had given the ball away in midfield so his head was still spinning, but then he's got plenty form for giving away penalties anyway!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:16 am

Athers wrote:
Prufrock wrote:He was looking for it certainly, but it was still a foul. Like Knight on Zaha last year, knock it past and wait to be tripped. Not up to him to try to avoid Baptiste though. I cannot see why defenders dive in on those situations! If he'd stayed on his feet McManaman wasn't getting any more than a corner.
I thought it was because Baptiste had given the ball away in midfield so his head was still spinning, but then he's got plenty form for giving away penalties anyway!
He went across him with his right leg, there was only ever going to be one outcome. Baptiste deserves an absolute fecking for it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:35 pm

Apologies for being a (bit!!!) late catching up with this thread!

I thought that the game swung in Wigan's favour when Lee and Hall swapped wings. I couldn't believe that it happened in the first place as both seemed to have the beating of their men. But even more surprising was that they weren't swapped back as they both suddenly looked useless playing on their (wrong?) sides. This was left to continue until Hall was taken off. Can the management not be strong enough to realise they have made a mistake moving players and put them back where they were previously???

Also, from where I was sat, it was clear that the assistant ref was telling the ref (who also had shocking moments) that Trotter was moving wide of the goal when he was brought down. Although this was never the case in a month of Sundays. Admittedly, he was not central to goal when he was fouled but was heading directly to goal with AAH in front readying himself for a shot. If that is not a clear goalscoring opportunity then I am Dutch!

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:18 pm

Beat you for lateness!

I thought Hall had a slow start but got better the longer he was on the pitch. Needs a chicken sandwich and few sessions down the gym.

Baptiste was awful when he came on but I'm feeling kinda lenient considering he was out of position and just back from injury.

Made me smile that every time I see someone get featured in a programme they're nowhere to be seen, Mark Davies this time.

Hadn't seen Juke, Trotter or Hutton before. Hoping we can get similar next year once some of the Prem players have gone.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Beat you for lateness!

I thought Hall had a slow start but got better the longer he was on the pitch. Needs a chicken sandwich and few sessions down the gym.

Baptiste was awful when he came on but I'm feeling kinda lenient considering he was out of position and just back from suspension.

Made me smile that every time I see someone get featured in a programme they're nowhere to be seen, Mark Davies this time.

Hadn't seen Juke, Trotter or Hutton before. Hoping we can get similar next year once some of the Prem players have gone.
I've corrected it for you.

Baptiste had been suspended for a very similar stupid tackle.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:10 pm

In a bit of a reflective mood .... This team was good enough to make the playoffs this year, just took too long to get the lads on song. I just don't think we are that far from having a top side for this league. Rumors rampant that Ream is wanted by a few prem sides, only got to watch a few of our matches this year between work and limited matches on the box over here so I realize I am basing my thoughts on 4 matches on the box and this board, I am interested in others opinions.