Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman out!

Post by TKIZ! » Mon May 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Is that 25k Premiership money or Championship money, Worthy? It makes a huge difference :lol: :wink:
:mrgreen: I'd raise my game for DMB's... ;-)
Sold.. As your agent I get 10% though :lol: :wink:
Pfffft.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 05, 2014 9:50 pm

jaffka wrote:If I was on 25k a week for 36 months, I wouldn't see the end of the contract. I would be dead from whores and ale.
:lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 06, 2014 8:18 am

I thought the sub pushed us 10 yards back. They relished it. They've probably not had anybody invite them on like that all season.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue May 06, 2014 11:08 am

While Saturday's result wouldn't normally have bothered me - I've not been bothered about results for about 10 weeks now - and I probably would have enjoyed the excitement of the comeback I have a special place reserved in my heart for those Brummie Bastards and so the last gasp equaliser felt like a massive defeat.

I was laughing my socks off when we went two up. According to 5Live it was entirely unjustified brought on more by poor Brum finishing that our clinical cutting edge.

Yes Danns had a chance, yes LookieJookie should have scored but overall why were we on the backfoot for most of this game?

Birmingham are shite and yet we tret them like football gods. We should have expected them to come at us but why don't we have an guile? Why can't we soak up the pressure and pick these sides off on the break?

I'd still be laughing now.

I'm sure he's happy.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Thor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thor » Sat May 10, 2014 1:44 am

Rumours that big Sam will be axed after the weekend!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:50 am

he can go on holiday for real then this time.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 10, 2014 8:55 am

hmmmm... saw a headline the other day that said summat like "Allardyce insists he is preparing for next summer with no threat to his job." and I thought... hmmm.... he'll be gone in a week or so...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat May 10, 2014 9:12 am

Is they do, will the Alladyce leaves and they get relegated curse strike again? Ala Blackburn and Newcastle.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat May 10, 2014 9:16 am

jaffka wrote:Is they do, will the Alladyce leaves and they get relegated curse strike again? Ala Blackburn and Newcastle.
... & us and Notts Co.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 10, 2014 9:33 am

jaffka wrote:Is they do, will the Alladyce leaves and they get relegated curse strike again? Ala Blackburn and Newcastle.
Hope so.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:02 pm

bobo the clown wrote:& us and Notts Co.
thats pushing it a bit , we stopped up for at least 4 seasons afterwards .

no one talks about any curse regarding winning the fa cup and being relegated 'soon' after.

happened to us in the 30s , a few others, bet that's more of a thing.

bet winning the league and then getting relegated soon after is more frequent/averaged/statistics/moreofacurse than the allardyce curse thing.

i bet nate silver's not bothered

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 11, 2014 12:08 pm

↑↑↑ Fairish comment but you can definately trace our demise from that week he needed more time with his family.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 11, 2014 12:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑ Fairish comment but you can definately trace our demise from that week he needed more time with his family.
You might argue that the years under Allardyce were the outliers rather than the other way round. If you take the history of the club and it's performance into account.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 11, 2014 12:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑ Fairish comment but you can definately trace our demise from that week he needed more time with his family.
You might argue that the years under Allardyce were the outliers rather than the other way round. If you take the history of the club and it's performance into account.....
↑↑↑

Well, I might, but that doesn't suit my argument. :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 11, 2014 11:48 pm

2 weeks if you're going to be fair.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon May 12, 2014 2:41 am

There's some pretty good choices out there for a club like us, if we were to sack Freedman. Tony Pulis has been talking about the lack of infrastructure at Palace and that's one thing we have to offer over most clubs in the league, a great stadium, training facilities and staff. We could be in for the likes of Mackay, Clarke, Di Matteo or Hughton and in a few weeks time, it's looking likely that Allardyce, Lambert and maybe even Pardew will get the sack, and whilst they're less likely options, a drop down to the Championship to join a team with plenty of talent and a Premier League infrastructure wouldn't be impossible. Promotion is well within reach for a talented manager.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:There's some pretty good choices out there for a club like us, if we were to sack Freedman. Tony Pulis has been talking about the lack of infrastructure at Palace and that's one thing we have to offer over most clubs in the league, a great stadium, training facilities and staff. We could be in for the likes of Mackay, Clarke, Di Matteo or Hughton and in a few weeks time, it's looking likely that Allardyce, Lambert and maybe even Pardew will get the sack, and whilst they're less likely options, a drop down to the Championship to join a team with plenty of talent and a Premier League infrastructure wouldn't be impossible. Promotion is well within reach for a talented manager.

Didn't we do that this time?

He's going nowhere soon. Stop fretting about it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 12, 2014 9:01 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:There's some pretty good choices out there for a club like us, if we were to sack Freedman. Tony Pulis has been talking about the lack of infrastructure at Palace and that's one thing we have to offer over most clubs in the league, a great stadium, training facilities and staff. We could be in for the likes of Mackay, Clarke, Di Matteo or Hughton and in a few weeks time, it's looking likely that Allardyce, Lambert and maybe even Pardew will get the sack, and whilst they're less likely options, a drop down to the Championship to join a team with plenty of talent and a Premier League infrastructure wouldn't be impossible. Promotion is well within reach for a talented manager.

so - you think offloading eagles isn't THAT damaging after all?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon May 12, 2014 10:23 am

Villa have just been put up for sale.

So a new owner and they might want a new manager.

Duggie for Villa!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 12, 2014 11:06 am

Ha!

"Douggie is very valuable to us, but if a bigger club came along, we couldn't stand in his way of going on to better himself."

Very magnanimous, Jaffs.