The Macron Stadium

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrplow
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: The Macron Stadium

Post by mrplow » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:44 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ifi-access" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slightly different take on the issue...

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Enough about all this wi-fi voodoo mullarky, lets discuss fecking £6 for a pie & pint and £2 for a coffee, its no wonder the concourse was a ghost town up until 5mins before kickoff. No way am I going to pay those fecking prices when you can get a pie and drink from Asda for about £2. Do the club realise that these prices are fecking ridiculous!!!! :evil:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:03 pm

wigan white wrote:Enough about all this wi-fi voodoo mullarky, lets discuss fecking £6 for a pie & pint and £2 for a coffee, its no wonder the concourse was a ghost town up until 5mins before kickoff. No way am I going to pay those fecking prices when you can get a pie and drink from Asda for about £2. Do the club realise that these prices are fecking ridiculous!!!! :evil:
That's feck all! Someone tried charging me £17 at the pre season friendly against Vitesse. I wouldn't mind, but I only ordered a burger, hot chocolate and a out of date packet of crisp!!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:39 pm

ChrisC wrote:
wigan white wrote:Enough about all this wi-fi voodoo mullarky, lets discuss fecking £6 for a pie & pint and £2 for a coffee, its no wonder the concourse was a ghost town up until 5mins before kickoff. No way am I going to pay those fecking prices when you can get a pie and drink from Asda for about £2. Do the club realise that these prices are fecking ridiculous!!!! :evil:
That's feck all! Someone tried charging me £17 at the pre season friendly against Vitesse. I wouldn't mind, but I only ordered a burger, hot chocolate and a out of date packet of crisp!!
£17 :shock: !!!!!! Was it Gartside himself who served you if they tried to charge you £17, sounds like something he would do.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:14 pm

wigan white wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
£17 :shock: !!!!!! Was it Gartside himself who served you if they tried to charge you £17, sounds like something he would do.
:lol:

It was the tills fault apparently..

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:41 am

Parking gone up to £7 (It's not even a captive market as you can pay £3 elsewhere, or nothing on middlebrook)

Piss annoying drummers drumming away in the middle of a nothing passage of play to no reaction by the crowd

Goal music still on

Goal music incorrectly played even more cringe-worthy

Electronic advertising boards proclaiming that we're going up when losing at home and haven't won a game yet

According to above the food and drink prices are up

Worst of all, a home team who are a complete soft touch

Welcome back
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 pm

A drink of normal Coke, a Twix and a bag of crisps for £4.

Or go to the massive Tesco next door and get a multipack of each for around the same price.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Andy Waller wrote:A drink of normal Coke, a Twix and a bag of crisps for £4.

Or go to the massive Tesco next door and get a multipack of each for around the same price.
i doubt they'd let you in with a multipack of coke!

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:42 am

thebish wrote:

I'd have gotten away with it if I could've got that trolley through the turnstile...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:52 am

Andy Waller wrote:
thebish wrote:

I'd have gotten away with it if I could've got that trolley through the turnstile...
:D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:07 pm

thebish wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:
thebish wrote:

????? I'd have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky kids, surely?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:08 am

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:
thebish wrote:

????? I'd have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky kids, surely?

Do you think Dougie is Old Man Smithers, the janitor, in disguise??

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:34 pm

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/gopr ... 97140.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aerial film of the Macron taken by one of those little drone copter thingies.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:43 pm

ChrisC wrote:
I think it was probably the 'out of date packet of crisp' that pushed the price up. Antiques are notoriously pricey.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:00 am

EverSoYouri wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
I think it was probably the 'out of date packet of crisp' that pushed the price up. Antiques are notoriously pricey.

I bet it expired on a Saturday.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:08 am

There is no doubt that the British, on the whole, do not go out of their way in terms of maximising profitability and customer service. It's lazy and it loses customers.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Riviman wrote:http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/gopr ... 97140.aspx

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:32 am

NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:
Riviman wrote:http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/gopr ... 97140.aspx

"Come friendly bombs and drop on Macron,
You're hardly fit for football now."

(John Betjeman, slightly doctored).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:21 pm

I like the rhyme scheme.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:01 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I like the rhyme scheme.

Call it modern, if you like. :wink:

(To be fair to our former poet laureate, in his version it's 'humans' not 'football' and 'Slough' not 'Macron')

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough,
It isn't fit for humans now.