Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I heard a story about Dougie yesterday that was far too scandalous to repeat on here - you know the type - "my aunt's masseuse has a friend who walks his dog" etc. I'm skeptical on what I was told but part of the story was that he has a place at No 1 Deansgate. Anyone know if that's true? It may give the tale some foundation

why not tell us a similar story - but make it about a comedy character called Bob McFitchett?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:43 am

I hope he's slipping the tea lady one. Up the bum.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:09 am

Oh not Doris!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 am

YHIHF

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:09 am

"It doesn't change my approach," said Mourinho.

"It doesn't change my vision, my feeling.

"We can do nothing more than say, we can do nothing more than feel. We feel we are title contenders, we can't add anything else to this.

"If the first team is better than us, if we are good, very good, but somebody is better than us, that's football, that's not a failure.

"But the only thing you can do is to be good.

"We have to be good, to be better than last season, in everything.

"We have to fight for titles, and after that if somebody is really better than us, it's because they were fantastic."
Fcuk off Dugout, thats how proper managers think, not toe rags like you!

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Right, Get him out I've had enough now.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:Right, Get him out I've had enough now.
And let clueless phil pick another duffer? :-/

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I heard a story about Dougie yesterday that was far too scandalous to repeat on here - you know the type - "my aunt's masseuse has a friend who walks his dog" etc. I'm skeptical on what I was told but part of the story was that he has a place at No 1 Deansgate. Anyone know if that's true? It may give the tale some foundation

I heard a story the other day that was far from scandalous, but sort of disheartening. Its hardly revelatory, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. We'll see. I'll mention it if if we're still scratting around achieving nowt in eight games time.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Option A - Sack Freedman clueless phil employs another clown shit players dont perform everyone booos

Option B - Keep Freedman shit players dont perform everyone boos

Option B costs the bored eddie davies less

Option B wins

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Once again we win, lose or draw by a small margin so its hard to be overly critical.

We scored through Beckford which looked to make it 2-2 but alas it was disallowed. On another day that would've been the case. We ride our luck and hopefully it comes out in our favour over the course of the season (ala Bury for example).

The trouble is we're working with small margins and thinking that its acceptable. We lost by a goal today. It's not a comprehensive defeat, its probably enough to keep the fans and the manager from teetering over into over-reacting but its an all too predictable outcome.

We don't create enough to come anywhere near battering teams and finishing with a 3-0 win or something to that effect. Whenever we score it seems we go tight to try and retain the lead. It's almost as if we're surprised that we go ahead in games and just try and hang on ala Megson. It's not a terrible tactic but its also not a tactic that will get us promoted or even challenging for the title. It's a tactic that will undoubtedly end up with us finishing in the middle of the table.

How do we turn it around?

Attack more. Use Feeney, Mason and Davies to press further up the pitch. All too often we have a patient build up letting the opposition press us higher up the pitch. More time holding the ball up in their half the less time we defend in our half. Lets get the ball quicker into their half. If it means having a big lump up front then get a big lump, they don't cost the world but they also don't deliver goals as often as perhaps Beckford or C.Davies would either.

No more defensive minded midfielders. Spearing, Medo, Pratley and Trotter all contribute relatively little going forward when they're doing the same job as one another. Spearing's got a good range of passing, Medo can shoot relatively well. Lets not have them both doing the Muamba/ Reo-Coker role when that didnt work. Lets try and have the role focusing on delivery and hope their defensive game isn't crucial. Paul Warhurst was a good example and nobody did it better than Campo. When Gary Speed was doing it, we were okay but not brilliant going forward. Lets get back to using that role as a way of supplying players as opposed to stopping them.

---------------

Regarding the squad. We're looking reasonable.

GK: Bogdan / Lonergan (both provide good cover for one another)
WingBacks: McNaughton / Moxey / Tierney / Ream (not an area for too much concern even if it isn't our strong point)
CenterBacks: Ream / Mills / Dervite / Wheater (same as wingbacks, not too concerning)
Defensive Midfielders: Spearing / Vela / Trotter / Medo / Pratley ( so much cover here, all too tempting to have 2 defensive midfielders)
Attacking Midfielders: Danns / M.Davies (injuries will cost us massively here)
Wingers: Feeney / Hall / CYLee (reasonable but theres not enough here to say we wont put one of the central mids out wide)
Strikers: Beckford / Mason / C.Davies (cant play 4-5-1 with these in our system)

That squad seems reasonable to get us points in this league. We just seem to not attack enough to actually get anything from the games. Take the striker situation. We shouldn't need to play 4-4-2 or 2 up front if our tactics in a 4-5-1 would accommodate the strikers better. If we had genuine threats down the wing we would be fine. At the minute Feeney is our only pacey outlet, Hall seems to cut in too much and Lee does his best work if we're constantly in the opposition half.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:29 pm

I'll keep it short and sweet. He's clueless!!

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Don't agree with the squad being in decent shape.

We've assembled a bloated squad of well paid average players.

It's why the feck* chops and changes so much.

We have no clear way of playing and no identity.

He talks about being flexible, but we can't do one formation well, nevermind 3/4/5 different ones.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:27 am

I am now convinced that the man thinks he's a tactical genius when he is in fact a confused little man who has no idea what he's doing. The players look like they do because he confuses them and no-one dare argue or they get the Mears/Eagles/Andrews treatment.

Today, the Trotter idiocy aside, he takes off a player performing out of his skin and leaves on one who had been ineffective (Craves and Mason) and then throws Wheater up front. So takes a big forward off and puts a big centre half there. Genius.

His whole approach to football us negative. He allows mediocre teams to dictate how we play.

I honestly think that the players, left to their own devices, would organise themselves better.

He has to go. Now. I care not that it will cost. Keeping the fckr will cost a damn site more.

Go you Scotchish c*nt .... and be quick about it.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:24 am

bobo the clown wrote:He has to go. Now. I care not that it will cost. Keeping the fckr will cost a damp site more.
The only thing we'd pay him if he got sacked would be what he'll earn anyway, so it's not like there's a huge outlay. The only extra money will come from paying the new manager and his teams wages for another few months so it's not an astronomical fee we'll be paying. Given how appalling our attendances are becoming, if we get a new manager in who wins a few games, you can guarantee an extra few thousand will start turning up again and that'll cover any amount we have to pay to Freedman. At this point, Freedman is detrimental to our finances because who wants to buy a season ticket? Who wants to buy tickets at all? Who wants to spend £50 buying their kid a Bolton shirt when the club is full of negativity? Get rid of the manager, bring in someone better, which is inevitable seeing as Helen Keller is dead, and it'll be to the benefit of the club financially.

It's amazing that Freedman still has his defenders or those who pretend to be on the fence :roll: All the deflection about Megson, Coyle, the players, the finances etc., is all irrelevant when the biggest problem with us right now is Freedman. As I said in another thread, I've never seen a team attack so poorly as we do and defensively, we're useless too. Freedman has done nothing positive for Bolton in his stay with us.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:29 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:
tl;dr
Stop bloody whining.

He's going nowhere.

At least not before the end of the season.

Just enjoy it - you're witnessing history.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:47 am

"We need two more attackers" is what he's been saying. Quite frankly we could sign the two best attackers in the league and still not win games.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:30 am

Loyal White wrote:Don't agree with the squad being in decent shape.

We've assembled a bloated squad of well paid average players.

It's why the feck chops and changes so much.

We have no clear way of playing and no identity.

He talks about being flexible, but we can't do one formation well, nevermind 3/4/5 different ones.
Everything on this, I agree with.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:19 am

He is now blaming the ref.

He is under pressure.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:43 am

The ref got the big decisions right in my opinion
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:52 am

boltonboris wrote:The ref got the big decisions right in my opinion
To be fair I thought he was generally OK. Our penalty was bang on. I'm unsure whether it shouldn't have warranted a red-card too. I won't know until I see the highlights .... which I'm hardly looking forward to. It's not a rule I'm that endeared to and it's pretty desperate of DF to use that as his excuse for last night.

Theirs was a bit harsh but was given by the linesman who was quick & very insistent. I did wonder whether there was a bit of making-up for not giving them one a few minutes prior.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".