Rumour has it.............

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Rumour has it.............

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm

This 19 year old has made 5 senior appearances.

4 of them in league 1.

As opposed to however many Max Clayton (who we signed for actualy money) who's made over 50 at the same level
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:37 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:So our 20 year olds are too young to be exposed to Championship football, but other people's 19 year olds are worth a crack? :roll:

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bolton ... m-striker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

it probably very much depends on the actual 20yr old and the actual 19yr old... some 19yr olds will be ready - some 20yr olds won't... people are different and develop at different rates..

I'm 50 now and still not quite ready to be exposed at Championship level! :wink:
Yes, I'd normally agree with that, but none, not one of ours is deemed to be old enough or good enough to give Trotter and Pratley a run for their money. There is something deeply wrong with that.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:So our 20 year olds are too young to be exposed to Championship football, but other people's 19 year olds are worth a crack? :roll:

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bolton ... m-striker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

it probably very much depends on the actual 20yr old and the actual 19yr old... some 19yr olds will be ready - some 20yr olds won't... people are different and develop at different rates..

I'm 50 now and still not quite ready to be exposed at Championship level! :wink:
Yes, I'd normally agree with that, but none, not one of ours is deemed to be old enough or good enough to give Trotter and Pratley a run for their money. There is something deeply wrong with that.
I'm sure that on balance it's the latter that gets them in the team rather than the former...

as for the quality of yoof talent we have at our disposal - well, there might be all sorts of reasons for its apparent lack of quality... Jiminho not doing his job very well?? the fact that the best yoof are hoovered up by all the bigger clubs in the North West??

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:10 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:

I'm sure that on balance it's the latter that gets them in the team rather than the former...

as for the quality of yoof talent we have at our disposal - well, there might be all sorts of reasons for its apparent lack of quality... Jiminho not doing his job very well?? the fact that the best yoof are hoovered up by all the bigger clubs in the North West??
Didn't we buy a 20 year old Hall and another one recently? I know what you're saying, but what is the point of buying them if they're not good enough? This Spam player that has played 4 games in League 1. What on earth is he going to offer that the 2 young and more experienced forwards that we bought can't?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Freedman wont be signing anymore.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote: Didn't we buy a 20 year old Hall and another one recently? I know what you're saying, but what is the point of buying them if they're not good enough? This Spam player that has played 4 games in League 1. What on earth is he going to offer that the 2 young and more experienced forwards that we bought can't?
at the level we are signing players - out of the Aldi "damaged items" bargain-bucket - there's gonna be more duds than heroes...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:26 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote: Didn't we buy a 20 year old Hall and another one recently? I know what you're saying, but what is the point of buying them if they're not good enough? This Spam player that has played 4 games in League 1. What on earth is he going to offer that the 2 young and more experienced forwards that we bought can't?
at the level we are signing players - out of the Aldi "damaged items" bargain-bucket - there's gonna be more duds than heroes...
But this isn't a time for kids according to the contradictory one...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:
But this isn't a time for kids according to the contradictory one...
I'm not really sure who counts as a kid and who doesn't in the football world! I think I agree - it's not the time for kids - if they are grown up enough (whatever their age!) and good enough - then they're not kids - get 'em in...

folk seem to think the future should be bright with Vela and Wikinson (they're the most recent new ace kids who should be playing... are we sure?? I'm not sure I've seen enough to know - Vela has hardly played!! - but then - that's a circle that can't be squared - we'd only know if they were being played - and if they were - maybe we'd be telling everyone they are shoite and why couldn't we get someone better in!!)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:49 pm

The idea of thebish being exposed at any level gives me shudders, to be quite frank.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:The idea of thebish being exposed at any level gives me shudders, to be quite frank.
I've seen him clad head to toe in leather!
If he streaks on the pitch he'll get an interview with Neil Bonnar, but perhaps not his picture in the paper.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:41 pm

Conor Wilkinson is coming home early from Oldham, because (it says here) the club want the new manager to assess him.

"I'm disappointed to lose Conor but I'm delighted for him as he has had a really good spell. It's a completely understandable decision as a new manager will want to bring everybody back to assess what they have. He is certainly a player we have enjoyed working with and would love to have back."

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:02 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Conor Wilkinson is coming home early from Oldham, because (it says here) the club want the new manager to assess him.

"I'm disappointed to lose Conor but I'm delighted for him as he has had a really good spell. It's a completely understandable decision as a new manager will want to bring everybody back to assess what they have. He is certainly a player we have enjoyed working with and would love to have back."
He'll be back there in a shot.

Meanwhile I see the lad we signed from Southampton who left after 3 weeks has signed for a Dorset based non league outfit.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:37 am

Out of the youngsters we have now, I'd have no hesitation in starting Odelusi, Kellet, Threlkeld, Riley and Vela. Possibly Wilkinson and White too. That's half a team. I hope whoever comes in gives them a proper go.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:07 am

Vertigo wrote:Out of the youngsters we have now, I'd have no hesitation in starting Odelusi, Kellet, Threlkeld, Riley and Vela. Possibly Wilkinson and White too. That's half a team. I hope whoever comes in gives them a proper go.
Nor would I ................................................... for the stiffs.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:20 am

Vertigo wrote:Out of the youngsters we have now, I'd have no hesitation in starting Odelusi, Kellet, Threlkeld, Riley and Vela. Possibly Wilkinson and White too. That's half a team. I hope whoever comes in gives them a proper go.
Seen 'em much, V? Only, Dr Hotdog, who sees a fair few development games, speaks much less confidently about them... Might be a clash of personal opinion there, if you're a regular U21-goer then please do give us a half-full glass :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:49 am

Well three of them are right backs so it could only be half a team if you were Gary Megson!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:52 am

Prufrock wrote:Well three of them are right backs so it could only be half a team if you were Gary Megson!
One of 'em can go up top a la Henrik...

In fact looking at our strikers, we could try a couple of them up top. If they can't score, at least they can start defending high up the pitch.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:12 am

Prufrock wrote:Well three of them are right backs so it could only be half a team if you were Gary Megson!
:lol:

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:26 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Seen 'em much, V? Only, Dr Hotdog, who sees a fair few development games, speaks much less confidently about them... Might be a clash of personal opinion there, if you're a regular U21-goer then please do give us a half-full glass :D
Haven't seen much in person, but I have seen Kellet and Threlkeld and rate them both. From what I've seen of the rest, I think they are capable.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Wahay. Now we've got players linked:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/fo ... n.25586018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.