First game, sent to stand..

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: First game, sent to stand..

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:49 am

The ironic thing about this fatshaft guy is that he described Lennon as an utter bellend with a massive chip in his shoulder while proving himself to be exactly that.
Last edited by LeverEnd on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:43 am

fatshaft wrote:
Listen, this thread is about Lennon being a prick, like I told ye. It's taken less than a game for evidence to begin.

evidence??? can you spell out for us, then, the outrageous crime that lennony committed that led to him being sent to the stands and labelled (by you) as a prick. Perhaps then we will understand what you are talking about..

I imagine it must be summat like..

1) hit someone
2) spat at someone
3) racially abused someone
4) abused an official
5) bit a blind person's guide-dog

summat like that?

spell it out for me and I'll give you a fair hearing...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:56 am

fatshaft wrote:Quelle suprise.

Neil Lennon = prick.

You heard it here before he was even appointed, you heard it here before a ball was kicked, and now you're hearing it here again.

The guy is poison.
Fatty leave it out your coming across like a fecking knob....

NL will get us moving again believe me, there is more excitement around the town about BWFC than there has been for over 3 years - no one gives a toss about your personal hatred of NL

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:01 am

:wall:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:16 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote: I'm sick of being a 'nice' team
As someone who is both within and outwith then bolton bubble, I can assure you that however sheltered you seem to be, Bolton have never been an "underdog", far from it, way back to the days of fatty, neutrals would side with the opposition in any like for like confrontation, Bolton was already disliked, didn't need a c*nt like Lennon to come along to re-inforce that.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with being liked, maybe if it had happened for Bolton you'd understand.
I disagree, I know plenty of football fans outside Bolton and we aren't disliked. We were under Allardyce but the good run under Coyle changed all that and even the season we got relegated in, we were constantly lauded for how we handled the injury crisis, the Muamba incident etc.. We're seen as being a soft club who allowed supposed nice guys like Coyle and Freedman to drag the club down without a word being said, but I'm sick of that attitude. I don't want to support a team that accepts losses and defends mediocrity, I want winners at the club and if that means rubbing people like you up the wrong way, good.

The good thing about a manager being disliked by those on the outside is that it creates unity within a club. Lennon wouldn't have been as successful at Celtic if it wasn't for the assaults and threats towards him, but all that did was galvanise the squad and make them want to win for their manager. That's what I want here too. It doesn't bother me what the rest of the world thinks, if we're winning and the everyone hates Lennon, it'll only make the players play harder for him and the fans will love him even more. If that hatred were to be the catalyst for bringing passion to the club again, then Lennon's presence may be exactly what we need.
I agree as long as it's football-related arseholery, which with Lennon so far as I can see it has been so far.

I'm still bemused as to why Fatshaft has suge a raging boner for Lennon. He posted links to two threads on an Aberdeen forum as 'evidence', saying that Lennon had accused Dons fans of spitting on him and making sectarian chants. In the course of the thread it became clear that he did not in fact say that (but that his agent had done along with Chick Young that cretinous Scottish journo who writes bollocks for the BBC and thinks he's Rabbie Burns. He's their Stuart Hall (in that he thinks he's a profound genius way, mind)) and Lennon had in fact done an interview where he expressly said that there was no spitting or sectarian chanting, but that a coin had been thrown at him, and that a drink had been thrown into the directors bit he was in after an Aberdeen goal and so he left. Both of those things were independently confirmed by Aberdeen fans who'd been at the game and posted on the forum! They said coins had been thrown by a couple of wankers (everyone's got them) and that drinks had been thrown but this was more exuberant celebrations rather than aimed at Lennon.

So what a prick he is! Having received death threats due to f*cking football, he's at a game where coins are chucked at him, so he moves, then drinks are thrown which he thinks are thrown at him so he leaves the game. Then the day after he does an interview correcting the more sensationalist claims that had been made! Arse!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:43 am

That's all well n good Pru and matches what I'd read had happened too. But the Police didn't have enough evidence to charge anyone with, so it's LIES! I did try and ask Fatty was this it (or was there something else that we weren't aware of in relation to Aberdeen). Since he didn't respond, I can only assume that Fatty's being a complete fcking tizzyfit drama queen.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:04 pm

I love Lennon!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:14 pm

fatshaft wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Fatshaft wind your neck in mate. You've made your point.
Good. I imagine the personal attacks will cease? The fact I'm Scottish has feck all to do with my opinion.
maybe the problem is that you don't respond to reasoned question or argument (Worthy's very good questions are still unanswered - they are repeated in this thread). The invitation is still there to put the record straight over the allegations you keep making...

did what you say happened *actually* happen?

and - what really bad thing did lennony do at the Brum game?

JuanShoe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JuanShoe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:28 pm

I can fully understand why anybody that pays attention Scottish football would have such distain for Lennon. What came across more than anything else during his time in Scotland was his complete lack of respect and class. His aggressive nature was one thing but he frequently demonstrated a complete lack of respect to everybody else outside Celtic. It was essentially Jose Mourinho's "Everybody in the World is Against Us" rule 1. That coupled with Roy Keane's arrogance and the looks of a ginger bulldog chewing a wasp, it is very easy to see why he was so disliked by so many. However, having met the man on several occasions away from a football ground, he is a different person. He does an awful lot of work for charity and he's funny and well mannered in the times I've met him. It seems he adopts the aforementioned persona in and around a football pitch. Now whether it is a case that pressure and football bring the worst out of him or whether he chose this persona to deal with the ridiculously high amount of shecht he has had to deal with since moving to Glasgow. I think he deserves time to see how he adapts to completely new situation. If he does go down the line he showed in Glasgow then he better be successful to boot as no fans will put up with those antics and an unsuccessful side.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:31 pm

↑↑↑ you see it CAN be put in a decent and controlled manner.

Ta.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:27 am

JuanShoe wrote:I can fully understand why anybody that pays attention Scottish football would have such distain for Lennon. What came across more than anything else during his time in Scotland was his complete lack of respect and class. His aggressive nature was one thing but he frequently demonstrated a complete lack of respect to everybody else outside Celtic. It was essentially Jose Mourinho's "Everybody in the World is Against Us" rule 1. That coupled with Roy Keane's arrogance and the looks of a ginger bulldog chewing a wasp, it is very easy to see why he was so disliked by so many. However, having met the man on several occasions away from a football ground, he is a different person. He does an awful lot of work for charity and he's funny and well mannered in the times I've met him. It seems he adopts the aforementioned persona in and around a football pitch. Now whether it is a case that pressure and football bring the worst out of him or whether he chose this persona to deal with the ridiculously high amount of shecht he has had to deal with since moving to Glasgow. I think he deserves time to see how he adapts to completely new situation. If he does go down the line he showed in Glasgow then he better be successful to boot as no fans will put up with those antics and an unsuccessful side.

BRILLIANT!! That's exactly what I expect from him at BWFC! No respect for anyone outside BWFC! :oyea:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:13 am

Jesus, it's the equivalent of driving in a bus lane at 6:55pm, burn him

Well done to anyone who put that bet on though
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:06 am

Prufrock wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote: I'm sick of being a 'nice' team
As someone who is both within and outwith then bolton bubble, I can assure you that however sheltered you seem to be, Bolton have never been an "underdog", far from it, way back to the days of fatty, neutrals would side with the opposition in any like for like confrontation, Bolton was already disliked, didn't need a c*nt like Lennon to come along to re-inforce that.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with being liked, maybe if it had happened for Bolton you'd understand.
I disagree, I know plenty of football fans outside Bolton and we aren't disliked. We were under Allardyce but the good run under Coyle changed all that and even the season we got relegated in, we were constantly lauded for how we handled the injury crisis, the Muamba incident etc.. We're seen as being a soft club who allowed supposed nice guys like Coyle and Freedman to drag the club down without a word being said, but I'm sick of that attitude. I don't want to support a team that accepts losses and defends mediocrity, I want winners at the club and if that means rubbing people like you up the wrong way, good.

The good thing about a manager being disliked by those on the outside is that it creates unity within a club. Lennon wouldn't have been as successful at Celtic if it wasn't for the assaults and threats towards him, but all that did was galvanise the squad and make them want to win for their manager. That's what I want here too. It doesn't bother me what the rest of the world thinks, if we're winning and the everyone hates Lennon, it'll only make the players play harder for him and the fans will love him even more. If that hatred were to be the catalyst for bringing passion to the club again, then Lennon's presence may be exactly what we need.
I agree as long as it's football-related arseholery, which with Lennon so far as I can see it has been so far.

I'm still bemused as to why Fatshaft has suge a raging boner for Lennon. He posted links to two threads on an Aberdeen forum as 'evidence', saying that Lennon had accused Dons fans of spitting on him and making sectarian chants. In the course of the thread it became clear that he did not in fact say that (but that his agent had done along with Chick Young that cretinous Scottish journo who writes bollocks for the BBC and thinks he's Rabbie Burns. He's their Stuart Hall (in that he thinks he's a profound genius way, mind)) and Lennon had in fact done an interview where he expressly said that there was no spitting or sectarian chanting, but that a coin had been thrown at him, and that a drink had been thrown into the directors bit he was in after an Aberdeen goal and so he left. Both of those things were independently confirmed by Aberdeen fans who'd been at the game and posted on the forum! They said coins had been thrown by a couple of wankers (everyone's got them) and that drinks had been thrown but this was more exuberant celebrations rather than aimed at Lennon.

So what a prick he is! Having received death threats due to f*cking football, he's at a game where coins are chucked at him, so he moves, then drinks are thrown which he thinks are thrown at him so he leaves the game. Then the day after he does an interview correcting the more sensationalist claims that had been made! Arse!
Yeah, well, you can prove anything with facts.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:57 pm

Ah, now I see why fatshaft is so afeared of him....
Attachments
woundwort-1.jpg
woundwort-1.jpg (12.42 KiB) Viewed 2673 times

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 am

EverSoYouri wrote:Ah, now I see why fatshaft is so afeared of him....
'You see, the magic lies in the fact that although they are rabbits, they talk and act just like people!'

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:46 am

LeverEnd wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:Ah, now I see why fatshaft is so afeared of him....
'You see, the magic lies in the fact that although they are rabbits, they talk and act just like people!'
Nearly choked on me silflay! :wink: