The Norwich away, match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Norwich away, match thread

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:30 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: ..... & I reckon that Delia Smith is a dirty one.
there's an unsavoury glimpse into Bobo's dream-world! :shock:
I've got a really unfortunate picture now, involving Delia, Bobo, a plum duff and the phrase "let's be 'aving ya"

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:44 pm

When I worked at Ingersolls (pre internet - imagine that kids!) we were for ever having to tell people how to spell and pronounce 'Horwich'. In the end we came up with 'It's like 'Norwich' but with an 'H'.'

From then on you'd hear it all day every day.

'It's 'HORWICH' like 'Norwich' but with an 'H''

Anyway, one day some guy called and said he wanted to sail from 'Haric'...'Hoik'...'Hoorwach....'

I said 'It's HARWICH like 'HORWICH' but with an 'A''

Eeeeeeeeeh We used to do some laughing and we laughed at that one for ages.

These two stories (this and Pippa) will be back for the reverse fixture later this year.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:58 pm

coffeymagic wrote:When I worked at Ingersolls (pre internet - imagine that kids!) we were for ever having to tell people how to spell and pronounce 'Horwich'. In the end we came up with 'It's like 'Norwich' but with an 'H'.'

From then on you'd hear it all day every day.

'It's 'HORWICH' like 'Norwich' but with an 'H''

Anyway, one day some guy called and said he wanted to sail from 'Haric'...'Hoik'...'Hoorwach....'

I said 'It's HARWICH like 'HORWICH' but with an 'A''

Eeeeeeeeeh We used to do some laughing and we laughed at that one for ages.

These two stories (this and Pippa) will be back for the reverse fixture later this year.
Middleton?

(I mean sister of Kate btw, not was she from Middleton....)
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: "Here feel we but the penalty of Adam(s)"

Post by Jugs » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Jugs wrote:Be a tough game, but Norwich are currently on a 5 game run winless run. This includes 2 draws and a defeat at home, and they've scored just twice in those five games.
Furthermore, this season they've only won 2 at home, drawing 4 and losing 1 - the 14th-best points haul. (They're third-best on the road: W4 D0 L2.)

They've taken the lead five times but lost it twice to draw – but on the other hand they're the best in the division at coming from behind: the opposition have scored first eight times, but they've come back to win three and draw two of those games, rescuing 11 points. #bouncebackability

Furthermore, at HT they've only been winning twice and drawing seven times, the 19th-best first-half record. So it naturally follows that they're good after the break, and indeed they're the division's best second-half team: W7 D4 L2.
Interesting stats. Particularly the 2 home wins.

I had Norwich down as hot favourites at the start (as most did), and they were looking good. But 2 home wins? That's poor.

But that's the thing with this division. Apart from one outstanding team (Leicester last year, Cardiff the year before) and one or two very poor sides, most teams will go through good patches and bad patches. We just need to time our good patch with certain teams' bad patches. And then we'll climb. Norwich, it seems, are in a bit of a bad patch.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:51 pm

coffeymagic wrote: More importantly though I'd like to know all your thoughts on the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre.

Me, personally? I'm dead against it.
They do say it'll help people in wheeeeeeeeeeeeelchairs.

I just hope Lennon bans chocolate mousse from the pre match hotel, tantamount to vandalism.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 am

Wonder if Bolton council will be advising Norwich about advantages of having a 'European boulevard'. Been all across Norfolk and some are good and some are bad, some are just feckin helpless! Adam and Eve on the riverside used to be a goodly boozer but a while since I was in there. And just because someone let go the moorings on my boat doesn't mean they're all bad. On the balance of probabilities I'm going for a win to the Trotters after a scrappy match. 1-2
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:55 pm

Gravedigger wrote:Wonder if Bolton council will be advising Norwich about advantages of having a 'European boulevard'.
All depends on the footfall..... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Where's the match thread gone?!
This is it. Shakespeare references booted out by public demand. :|
Sublime to ridiculous Tango. The first one was too convoluted and this one is downright reactionary. There was a middle way you know.

Anyway .... hard match this, and I like yellow & green together, nice combo. I like the city and county there ..... & I reckon that Delia Smith is a dirty one.

I'd take a draw now if it was offered.
See, I'm the fecking master of the middle ground and folk should just stop meddlin'. :)

I was about to follow up my perfectly intermediate 'To Bee or not to Bee' with the quite remarkably median 'Alas, poor Norwich (Away)' but it's probably too late now :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Preparation for Friday evening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouoDS65 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Cheers TKIZ. You know, by the end there it almost looked like good football. Started off, hands in pockets, indifferent shuffling about and then....speeded up and with the emphasis on keeping it on the deck and.....dare I say it, passing? Only black mark was the manager heading a ball with a "HAT" on. :)

Oh, hope it didn't tire anybody. Can happen you know.... :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Cheers, Zico. Who's that giant with the onion on the back of his head? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Cheers, Zico. Who's that giant with the onion on the back of his head? :conf:
This was asked last week and the only name we can come up with is Eaves but no one really knew.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Cheers, Zico. Who's that giant with the onion on the back of his head? :conf:
This was asked last week and the only name we can come up with is Eaves but no one really knew.
It's Eaves trying his best to get the gig as Andy Carroll's stunt double.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Aye is eaves that.

Good to see prat let's attempt at a delicate pass in the kick ups bit.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:19 pm

This is on tv! Cant remember the last time i saw us on tv. Bastard trick or treaters can feck right off.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:35 pm

I reckon it's been over a year since we were last on Sky. Birmingham away?

Leeds have been on over a million times in that period.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:24 pm

Jugs wrote:I reckon it's been over a year since we were last on Sky. Birmingham away?

Knew we were on the way back. We got a full minute and a half on the Footy show on Saturday. :wink:

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:14 am

Jugs wrote:I reckon it's been over a year since we were last on Sky. Birmingham away?

I think Norwich have featured a few times already this season as well, so it might be just a case of Sky showing another Norwich match that just happens to feature us rather than being interested in us in the slightest...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:03 am

danardif1 wrote:

I think Norwich have featured a few times already this season as well, so it might be just a case of Sky showing another Norwich match that just happens to feature us rather than being interested in us in the slightest...
No I think Lennon has put us back in the spotlight, we're on next Friday as well.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:09 am

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Where's the match thread gone?!
This is it. Shakespeare references booted out by public demand. :|
Sublime to ridiculous Tango. The first one was too convoluted and this one is downright reactionary. There was a middle way you know.

Anyway .... hard match this, and I like yellow & green together, nice combo. I like the city and county there ..... & I reckon that Delia Smith is a dirty one.

I'd take a draw now if it was offered.
You are hereby banned for 3 matches and fined £25,000.