Rumour has it.............

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Rumour has it.............

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:06 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:It seems a long time since Freedman said the players weren't good enough for the Championship and obviously that was a load of nonsense.
There were enough on here who took others to task about the quality of the squad and said that those of us who thought it was generally OK, but underperforming, were fooling ourselves.
chill, Bobo - Insano has gone - just like Freedman has - and Coyle and Megson and little sammy Lee!!

enjoy the good times - they ain't improved by harking back... honest!
Aye, but it's only a couple of months since we had a thread along the lines of "have we ever had a squad this poor?", to which the answer was largely, "no". Now, it seems they're world beaters. All of which goes to show that we TWs not as clever as we might think we are! :D
They WERE poor!!! :wink:

I'm basically a happy-clappy kind of fan so I want whichever manager to do well, but I feel very silly for apologizing for DF so much. Having said that I don't think he was the one that started the fire so I'm not exactly angry. He did what it said on the label. At least his family are secure now!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:49 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:It seems a long time since Freedman said the players weren't good enough for the Championship and obviously that was a load of nonsense.
There were enough on here who took others to task about the quality of the squad and said that those of us who thought it was generally OK, but underperforming, were fooling ourselves.
chill, Bobo - Insano has gone - just like Freedman has - and Coyle and Megson and little sammy Lee!!

enjoy the good times - they ain't improved by harking back... honest!
Aye, but it's only a couple of months since we had a thread along the lines of "have we ever had a squad this poor?", to which the answer was largely, "no". Now, it seems they're world beaters. All of which goes to show that we TWs not as clever as we might think we are! :D
They WERE poor!!! :wink:

I'm basically a happy-clappy kind of fan so I want whichever manager to do well, but I feel very silly for apologizing for DF so much. Having said that I don't think he was the one that started the fire so I'm not exactly angry. He did what it said on the label. At least his family are secure now!

Ahh, but are they really?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Nobody is happier or more excited than I about how things have gone under Lennon so far.

However, I think it's a bit early to be declaring that we can't be improved. A left back, a winger and a goalscoring striker would help.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:59 pm

We'd need to ship a couple out i think to acvompdate those Tomo. I'd be for binning moxey and a bit more reluctantly beckford. feck knows why beckford cant get his act together and work for it like everyone else.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:40 am

I agree that it's a little rose-tinted to be saying there's no room for improvement. A proper left-back (which would also give us Ream as an option in central defence) and a (left-)winger, for sure. And a striker - not to decry Cravies who's in the best form of his (Bolton) career, but it's a little hopeful to think he'll keep it up for months - not least physically. That said, we do have Mason for the season, and he may work well at the top of a 4-2-3-1 in which the midfield are actually dedicated to supporting the striker rather than watching from afar.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:47 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:a 4-2-3-1 in which the midfield are actually dedicated to supporting the striker rather than watching from afar.
What an amazing concept.

This could catch on !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Think Kellet will be giving some game time when he comes back! He's getting good reviews down ere
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:30 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Think Kellet will be giving some game time when he comes back! He's getting good reviews down ere
Lovely, lovely.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Some time soon Dougie's going to pop up and say all this was part of his master plan.....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Some time soon Dougie's going to pop up and say all this was part of his master plan.....
Bish will tell you off for harking back... oh but I guess you're expecting that! :Jedi:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Some time soon Dougie's going to pop up and say all this was part of his master plan.....
Bish will tell you off for harking back... oh but I guess you're expecting that! :Jedi:
The wishes and desires of the Vicar of Dribbly are as the idle winds that pass me by and trouble me not…. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:35 am

:conf: not really sure what prompts the random abuse and name-calling - but, hey - it's kinda true to form and seems to make you feel big and clever - so, carry on fellah!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:16 am

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... er-4606244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coyle to Motherwell ?

Despite all his managerial failings at Bolton I still wish him nothing but the best for his future career
A nice fella
Hope you get the job Owen
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:29 am

thebish wrote::conf: not really sure what prompts the random abuse and name-calling - but, hey - it's kinda true to form and seems to make you feel big and clever - so, carry on fellah!
Pardon? Abuse? Saying your views don't bother me is abuse? Wow. If you object to "The Vicar of Dribbly" (a bit of harmless fun on a football site) then, hey, I withdraw it. I'll even apologise if you're abused and offended. :|

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:41 am

I wish you two would sort yourselves out. I've had the pleasure of meeting you both and you are both good blokes. Why you feel the need to have these tiffs is beyond me :?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:56 am

Coz they are both gayer lovers

Megalolz innit

knobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by knobby » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:23 am

dougie Freedman wrote: this was all part of my Masterplan

Crikey you were right !!
There’s a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote::conf: not really sure what prompts the random abuse and name-calling - but, hey - it's kinda true to form and seems to make you feel big and clever - so, carry on fellah!
Pardon? Abuse? Saying your views don't bother me is abuse? Wow. If you object to "The Vicar of Dribbly" (a bit of harmless fun on a football site) then, hey, I withdraw it. I'll even apologise if you're abused and offended. :|
I was just making a light hearted joke about you guys snd your frequent jousting, in the interests of peace snd harmony. Apologies to both if it bsckfired. If only we could have a group hug!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:03 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
I was just making a light hearted joke about you guys snd your frequent jousting, in the interests of peace snd harmony. Apologies to both if it bsckfired. If only we could have a group hug!
It's okay L.E. Were booked to kill each other off at the Ashby de la Zouche jousting match. Ivanhoe v Ivayes. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:09 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
fecking troublemaker. :mrgreen:
May the bridges I burn light your way