The Joy of (Twenty-)Sixth? Rovers / Boxing Day

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Joy of (Twenty-)Sixth? Rovers / Boxing Day

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:12 pm

It's a shame we no longer have BWFCi to explain why Keith can get the team to play with such spirit and to be fair, one or two players play above themselves whilst Freedman couldn't :mrgreen:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Hoboh wrote:It's a shame we no longer have BWFCi to explain why Keith can get the team to play with such spirit and to be fair, one or two players play above themselves whilst Freedman couldn't :mrgreen:
Wonder where he's got to?!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Hoboh wrote:It's a shame we no longer have BWFCi to explain why Keith can get the team to play with such spirit and to be fair, one or two players play above themselves whilst Freedman couldn't :mrgreen:
Did he leave as part of the Freedman clear out?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:05 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Wonder where he's got to?!
Discussed here.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Re the defense
I think Vela probably singled out as weak link - he's learning the position. Mills, Dervite and Ream stood up to a big test yesterday, and whilst saved by lonners twice, did a great job!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:32 pm

It's a good job they won. I decided to nip up the road to watch the game from my in laws...who live in Nottinghamshire. Got in the car at 5:15pm, hit the snow somewhere on the M62, and arrived back at about 10:30pm. I was laughing all the way, just replaying that goalmouth scramble over and over in my head. I didn't think it'd be so funny when I saw it again on the highlights.

I was wrong.

We robbed them, if you ask me (shoulda been 4-1 Blackburn at half time), but we took enough of our chances and they squandered too many of theirs. That's football, folks. Love it sometimes! One of the best games I'v ever seen, for entertainment vale. Roll on Huddersfield!
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:25 am

boltonboris wrote:We were a bit shit I thought. Pure spirit and a couple of outstanding performances put us right. I know it's harsh co sediment the strike force in't 2nd half scored and assisted, but we were severely lacking up front for a lot of the game. Heskey made s difference, but Eidur (pass aside) looks off the pace.

Hall really strecthed them for a while, but the sub was the right one. Although I think Feeney should've been sacrificed.

Great result and another ugly win. We'll click soon and tw*t someone 43-0
Note earlier posts in this thread - Gudjohnsen was sick. This seemed to get worse as the game wore on (moments where he was clearly struggling breathing - hence substitution). He won't do much winning of the ball, that's for sure, which makes it the job of Danns etc to get the ball to him. Remember: the thinking was (Neil Lennon said as much) he would be an impact player (i.e. brought on as sub to turn games, etc.). Cravies's injury has caused him to be called on to start games.

If Heskey stays fit, Cravies gets fit, and we bring in Nick Powell in midfield, Eidur may well be restricted to the cameo role NL intended for him. If so, my guess is he'll do it brilliantly.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:27 am

Quite a few paragraphs of bullshit put in an way that to the writer at least are the authorised version of events. None of which would have been Duggie's fault as the game had changed, was different then, FFP meant we couldn't have more than 2 attacks per game or go above 33% possession. Probably would have been something about Todd and Coyle as well.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:03 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
freeindeed wrote:from a bloke on the Blackburn forum re Emile & Eidur:
Agree totally mate...I've seen both of them in the last couple of weeks playing for notlob u21 in Leyland and both of them are unfit, eidur looks a bit overweight and they both have limited mobility even at that level. Our defence should be shot if either of these two scores.
This is kinda where I'm at. Goal from E or E = me + town hall steps ... you know the rest
:oops:
In case you haven't seen it http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-30659312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:07 am

Bolton council using a portacabin as the town hall now tony?