FA Cup - Third round at home against Wigan.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FA Cup - Third round at home against Wigan.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I used to love the FA cup. I just can't get beyond 'Meh' these days. The magic seems to have gone.
Summed it up for me when the Blyth Spartans lot pulled their faces when they drew ex Premier League side and recent league cup winners Birmingham at home.
Greedy bastards, I hope they get walloped 9-0
Didn't watch the game but a mate reckoned Spartans were very lucky to go through?
I did, and I didn't think that they were lucky at all.
Dunno about the balance of play but you can imagine that Hartlepool were upset about the manner of their defeat: injury-time winner, not long after Pools had an effort that looked a lot like it was over the line (though it was probably not quite all the ball over all the line).

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:12 pm

the only interesting bit for me is the opportunity to visit a new & obscure lower-league ground, but we always end up with summat like Wigan at home.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:48 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:the only interesting bit for me is the opportunity to visit a new & obscure lower-league ground, but we always end up with summat like Wigan at home.
We might get a replay? :)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:the only interesting bit for me is the opportunity to visit a new & obscure lower-league ground, but we always end up with summat like Wigan at home.
We might get a replay? :)
:lol:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:39 am

Next up.

Can we bounce back with a win?

Will cravies be fit, will chungy have gone to the tournament or will Lennon's appeal to delay his departure have worked?

Cheap tickets for this, a good crowd possible after our fantastic following to Huddersfield and good show against the six fingers.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:18 pm

Just had a browse on the official website for tickets and we've sold a lot for this one already.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Jugs wrote:Just had a browse on the official website for tickets and we've sold a lot for this one already.
I fear you are massively mistaken and instead BWFC are only opening about 3 stands to cater for the complete lack of demand for tickets. Would love to be proved wrong obviously!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Hope chungy cant play - we need to prepare for the month without him (plus when he comes back nackered) and this is a good game to try something else.

Eidur behind craig davies i suspect, but we shall see.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Jugs wrote:Just had a browse on the official website for tickets and we've sold a lot for this one already.
I fear you are massively mistaken and instead BWFC are only opening about 3 stands to cater for the complete lack of demand for tickets. Would love to be proved wrong obviously!
It is a bit weird that a number of sections are completely unavailable, but I hope you're wrong! If BWFC have closed off the stands under the screen, it would be a major faux pas.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:29 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Hope chungy cant play - we need to prepare for the month without him (plus when he comes back nackered) and this is a good game to try something else.

Eidur behind craig davies i suspect, but we shall see.
Offish site says the Chungster is already on his way to join up with the S Korean squad -

Following Sunday’s game at Huddersfield Lee Chung-Yong will now link up with the Korea Republic squad ahead of next month’s AFC Asia Cup tournament in Australia.

More here, including the fixtures http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/lee- ... gjUwbQO.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Jugs wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:
It is a bit weird that a number of sections are completely unavailable, but I hope you're wrong! If BWFC have closed off the stands under the screen, it would be a major faux pas.
I've been to a few early cup games recently and this is what they do.

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Tickets were announced as £15 at the Blackburn game, which obviously means they can't flog them.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:32 pm

freeindeed wrote:Tickets were announced as £15 at the Blackburn game, which obviously means they can't flog them.
Only if they'd previously tried to sell them at a higher price! As far as I can ascertain, they haven't!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:32 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:
I've been to a few early cup games recently and this is what they do.
Hmm, surely not for a derby? I'd be incredulous if they closed off certain sections, particularly the part where fans stand up.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:49 pm

Jugs wrote: I'd be incredulous if they closed off certain sections, particularly the part where fans stand up.
Me, I'd be apoplectic!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:05 am

wiggin lost last night...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:38 am

Enoch wrote:
Jugs wrote: I'd be incredulous if they closed off certain sections, particularly the part where fans stand up.
Me, I'd be apoplectic!
And I'd be veritably incandescent with rage. My face drawn back in a snarling rictus of fury!

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Me, I'd be apoplectic!
And I'd be veritably incandescent with rage. My face drawn back in a snarling rictus of fury!
Virtually indistinguishable from your golfing and jogging faces, from what I'm told... :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:49 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Me, I'd be apoplectic!
Virtually indistinguishable from your golfing and jogging faces, from what I'm told... :wink:
I was trying to think of something witty, but I think this just about covers all the bases! :twisted:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Me, I'd be apoplectic!
I was trying to think of something witty, but I think this just about covers all the bases! :twisted:
There is another that I could add, but it's perhaps best if I don't. :D