Spyin Kop - Liverpool vs. Bolton - FA Cup 4th Rnd - 24/01/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Spyin Kop - Liverpool vs. Bolton - FA Cup 4th Rnd - 24/0

Post by Titi Camara » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:39 pm

thebish wrote: Not really sure it was as busy as you are making out!!
When I looked up your business over the summer it had you down as 18 bodies in and 30 out, albiet with not a great deal of money going in either direction.
thebish wrote: recently - that'd be Gerard's slip and them stuffing up the title race last season! :laugh: still makes me smile! Proper heartwarming!
Ha ha I was kinda lluding to a Liverpool v Bolton moment but I suppose my ambiguous language set that one up :mrgreen:

Thanks for your replies :pissed:

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Titi Camara » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:43 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Answers in colourful red for you...
Wrist bands? Are we talking proper John McEnroe jobbies here, or are we discussing these new fangled plastic things supporting that cyclist dude that fibbed a bit?
Ha ha I'm 35 mate so defo the former! It's in a shoe box somewhere with a tiny pair of moccasins for company :oops: :lol:

Appreciate the replies :pissed:

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Titi Camara » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:44 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:You seem like a nice chap & I've always liked Liverpool, so my responses;
Snip
Again, many thanks :pissed:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Titi Camara wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Answers in colourful red for you...
Wrist bands? Are we talking proper John McEnroe jobbies here, or are we discussing these new fangled plastic things supporting that cyclist dude that fibbed a bit?
Ha ha I'm 35 mate so defo the former! It's in a shoe box somewhere with a tiny pair of moccasins for company :oops: :lol:

Appreciate the replies :pissed:
Matching head band Steve Foster stylee as well I hope :mrgreen:

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Titi Camara » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote: Matching head band Steve Foster stylee as well I hope :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:24 pm

Titi Camara wrote:
1. One of the earliest mementoes I have from my childhood is a tiny LFC wristband in red, white and yellow which was given to me by a much older cousin during my first years on this earth. My family is full of reds (there's one Bluenose but we joke he's not really family), suffice to say I would have been disowned if I'd not made "the choice" to join the LFC family and pledge my support to our great club. So why is it Bolton for you and you to Bolton?

Well. With the exception of my younger brother, neither me nor any of my family are actually from Bolton and none have ever had an interest in football (Father played Union). However, I think I was a one year old when we moved here so it's always been home. As a very young kid I was a football obsessive, or obsessed with chasing around kicking a ball anyway, without actually knowing anything of the professional game. One day my Grandad said to me "I see that your team have won". I must have either questioned him or looked perplexed so he sat my down and said "Well, you like football and you're from Bolton, so Bolton are your team". And there's never been any two ways about it from that day on.

2. The summer was a massively busy period for you in the transfer market, with a multitude of players coming in and going out, both permanently and on loan. At just over the half way mark in their first seasons here, it's probably too early to be making a permanent decision on any of your new players but who's stood out for you and who's been disappointing so far? Conversely is there anyone you lost who you feel the club is now missing?

I'd still have Eagles back but we'd need to get him on the right money, which is basically the sticking point with all of our comings and goings. We had a bunch of players whose pay-scales were well above the limit of their capabilities. No clearer an example is there of this than the utterly embarrassing Zat Knight on a reported £30,000K a week, re-signed by Coyle after failing to even attract a single offer from any other club. To be fair to Freedman he was tasked with getting all these players off of the books. Problem is, some of the players that have been brought in have been dreadful. This, coupled with Freedman's inability to even get a decent game out of the better players left us where we were at the time of his most welcome sacking. Spearing has also proved a poor signing after an incredibly impressive loan period

3. Neil Lennon's only been in for a hand full of games but really seems to have steadied you. Your currently riding high in the form tables so seems to be doing the business but it's easy to see why he's been such a divisive character in his professional career. How have the club and it's supporters taken to him? Is he the long term solution?

My favourite all-time manager of ours was Bruce Rioch. What he did and the way he went about it. A bunch of moderate players could do anything if they wanted it bad enough. Even taking on the then current FA Cup holders and turning them over on their own patch. Lennon reminds me of Rioch very much, and I'm delighted. He's taken the hitherto hapless like Pratley, and those that have lost their way such as Chung Yong Lee and delivered players playing like we didn't know they could. My fear is we'll simply be a stepping stone for him and after a period of success we'll lose him to the likes of Newcastle.

4. Coming off the back of a largely unsuccessful season last time out what were your aspirations for this season and are you living up to them?

Well, I've gone from simply hoping we'll stay up to hoping we might put in a late run for the play-offs. Unlikey, but we have to have a decent target.

5. What do you think the aspirations of the owners are short, mid or even long term and do they match your own ambitions for the club? Simply put, are they doing everything they can to take your club forward?

I honestly have absolutely no idea.

6. Who's you favourite ever player for Bolton and favourite ever non Bolton player?

Toss up between Frank Worthington and Youri Djorkaeff. Thierry Henry.

7. What's your favourite ever memory/match/moment from the FA Cup?

It has to be beating you guys at your place

8. What's your favourite ever memory/match/moment from a game involving Liverpool FC?

Sander Westerveld bundling Dean Holdsworth awful shot in. ;) Has to be David Lee's performance at your place, McGinlay's header, Walker's header. A great, great night for us (Triv point, did you know that you had an as of then untried Robbie Fowler on the bench?)

9. How do you see yourself lining up come match day and who will be the man for LFC to look out for?

Hopefully as strong as we can. Look out for Pratley, he couldn't be going into a game like this in better form

10. Predictions for the match?

2-1 to you aet.

11. And finally, how far do you think the winner of this tie will go in the competition?

Us? The next round. You? Losing finalists perhaps, depending on the draw. No Roy of the Rovers finale for Gerrard though.
May the bridges I burn light your way

backtoburnden
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by backtoburnden » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:58 pm

1. One of the earliest mementoes I have from my childhood is a tiny LFC wristband in red, white and yellow which was given to me by a much older cousin during my first years on this earth. My family is full of reds (there's one Bluenose but we joke he's not really family), suffice to say I would have been disowned if I'd not made "the choice" to join the LFC family and pledge my support to our great club. So why is it Bolton for you and you to Bolton?
born and bred in Bolton my dad used to put me over the turnstiles on many rd terrace when I was a toddler.
2. The summer was a massively busy period for you in the transfer market, with a multitude of players coming in and going out, both permanently and on loan. At just over the half way mark in their first seasons here, it's probably too early to be making a permanent decision on any of your new players but who's stood out for you and who's been disappointing so far? Conversely is there anyone you lost who you feel the club is now missing?
the duke was a major miss for us . I think lennon would have made him stay. unfortunately we got stuck with beckford but it didn't take lennon long to work him out.
3. Neil Lennon's only been in for a hand full of games but really seems to have steadied you. Your currently ridtheing high in the form tables so seems to be doing the business but it's easy to see why he's been such a divisive character in his professional career. How have the club and it's supporters taken to him? Is he the long term solution?
I would like to think he will stop for a good while .but I fear he will be poached sooner rather than later.

4. Coming off the back of a largely unsuccessful season last time out what were your aspirations for this season and are you living up to them?
my only hope was the powers that be realised that freedman was killing the club and got rid before we went down . thankfully 2 guys ran on the pitch one afternoon and then the penny dropped.
5. What do you think the aspirations of the owners are short, mid or even long term and do they match your own ambitions for the club? Simply put, are they doing everything they can to take your club forward?
lennon is the first bit of positive ambition this club has had since big sam left..just need some cash for players now
6. Who's you favourite ever player for Bolton and favourite ever non Bolton player?
Frankie worthy. steve highway,
7. What's your favourite ever memory/match/moment from the FA Cup?
think we all know that one
8. What's your favourite ever memory/match/moment from a game involving Liverpool FC?
quite a lot as I used to go with a friend of mine and stand in the kop if Bolton were too far away to go. Sammy lee era ..
9. How do you see yourself lining up come match day and who will be the man for LFC to look out for?
full steam ahead for this one I think. lennon knows there are 5500 of us going to see a repeat of your last fa cup bashing and I am sure he would like to show that he is doing a decent job
10. Predictions for the match?
2-1 to the trotters
11. And finally, how far do you think the winner of this tie will go in the competition?

one more then gone

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Woah, waaaay too many questions, we've only just met.

Grab a drink, relax, and watch this....

And then maybe we can talk.
Nice! Lee looked like a world beater!

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Titi Camara » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:13 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Titi Camara wrote: Snip
Cheers Bruce :pissed:

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Titi Camara » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:14 am

backtoburnden wrote: Snip
Many thanks :pissed:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:34 am

Titi Camara wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Titi Camara wrote: Snip
Cheers Bruce :pissed:
You're welcome, Chief. No worries.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Titi Camara wrote:
Athers wrote:I think we had a long standing ban on doing this after a notable time when the thread on there was just a load of knobbers insulting us for spending our time answering the questions.
I've been doing these little sojourns onto other boards for about two seasons now and in that time there has only been one that was badly received by RAWK but this was primarily down to the responses/abuse I got on the opposition forum.
In every other case these Spyin' Kops have been extremely well received, the vast majority of comments tend to be "seem like a good bunch", "thanks for your efforts" etc.
I think with these sorts of things, the responses, just like life, tend to reflect the efforts and the quality put in.

I was really hoping due to the lack of distance between the two clubs, the fact that I've not done a Bolton one before but mainly because it's the FA Cup that this was going to end up being a quality read! Would still really appreciate your input :pissed:
Might be the case but I for one specifically remember a thread just calling us a load of inbred c*nts etc regardless.

All the best though
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Titi Camara » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:19 pm

-----------------Lonergan

--------Ream-----Dervite------Mills

Wheater----Vela----Danns----Feeney----Pratley

------------Davies------Heskey

How does the above look? Could that be the side playing on Saturday or are are any of them Injured? Have I got them all in the right positions lol

Cheers

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Wheater would make a cracking right winger :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Titi Camara wrote:-----------------Lonergan

--------Ream-----Dervite------Mills

Wheater----Vela----Danns----Feeney----Pratley

------------Davies------Heskey

How does the above look? Could that be the side playing on Saturday or are are any of them Injured? Have I got them all in the right positions lol

Cheers
Davies is unlikely to figure through injury. Don't think N Lennon will risk Clough or Chungy so Eidur Gudjohnson may well start. If not, maybe Wilkinson. Considering you could probably put three teams out, it looks a bit one-sided.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Titi Camara » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: Davies is unlikely to figure through injury. Don't think N Lennon will risk Clough or Chungy so Eidur Gudjohnson may well start. If not, maybe Wilkinson. Considering you could probably put three teams out, it looks a bit one-sided.
Hows this look?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Titi Camara wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: Davies is unlikely to figure through injury. Don't think N Lennon will risk Clough or Chungy so Eidur Gudjohnson may well start. If not, maybe Wilkinson. Considering you could probably put three teams out, it looks a bit one-sided.
Hows this look?
I would guess Bogdan in nets.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Titi Camara wrote:
Hows this look?
Feeney up to with heskey, pratley next to vela and gudjohnsen in t'hole.

Maybe.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Titi Camara » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Cheers chaps

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Ah, look at the nice peeps playing with the plastic scouser.