This majestical roof fretted with golden fire - Smoggies (A)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: This majestical roof fretted with golden fire - Smoggies

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Fairly certain it'll be something along the lines of 6-0 to them.
Trotter is "touch and go" (I've never seen him do fcking touch and go but there we have it). In light of this information, which is clearly a ruse to get them thinking we have a weakened team, would you like to reassess this ridhicolooos scoreline, on the high level chance that he makes the starting gun?
Add an extra goal for every twenty minutes Trotter is on the pitch. To them, obviously...

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Amos, Vela, Wheater, Dervite, Moxey, Danns, Bannan, Feeney, Janko, Gudjohnsen, Heskey

Subs: Fitzsimons, Le Fondre, Twardzik, Clough, Threlkeld, Slavchev, Walker
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Just had a read at a Smoggy forum and they actuallly expect to beat us. How very arrogant. Just for that.......In Neil we trust.....

COME ON YOU WHITES
:oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Mc naughton not even on the bench. T'is odd . Would rather him be there to cover all back 4 positions than twardzik who may only cover one . And danns battling the tide with bannan . Lets hope they out a shift in tonight and leave with some pride .

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Feeney and junk are the only ones with pace! Hmmmmmm. Don't understand why cloughs on the bench???? Ain't he our top scorer? ? He's only played about 7 games
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:21 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Feeney and junk are the only ones with pace! Hmmmmmm. Don't understand why cloughs on the bench???? Ain't he our top scorer? ? He's only played about 7 games
Think the two games a week are the answer to that one. He's using fresh legs as much as he can till he sees which way the wind's blowing.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Fresh legs apart from mcnaughton you mean

Cutting his nose off to spite his face imo

Too lightweight that midfield and gudjohnsen/heskey together is too slow

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Jonah wrote:Mc naughton not even on the bench. T'is odd . Would rather him be there to cover all back 4 positions than twardzik who may only cover one . And danns battling the tide with bannan . Lets hope they out a shift in tonight and leave with some pride .
We can only have five, and he's gone for Amos, Bannan & Janko in the XI, with bench boys Le Fondre & Slavchev. I get that we might need ALF (and Clough) as subs for our Dad's Army frontline, but with McNaughton again overlooked we have to play with an energetic young midfielder at RB, meaning we have to play a midfield four including two wingers, the less than imposing Bannan and the presumably pathologically knackered Danns.

I really really hope we'll win. I really don't think we will, and like a fair few, I think another four-goaler might be ahoy against a team who'll want to come back into form after their frustration against Leeds, Brum and Arsenal.

As (I think) Dr Hotdog put it before, :help:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 pm

come on you whites

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:37 pm

We're gonna get mullered.

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:39 pm

1-4 :mrgreen:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Feeney and junk are the only ones with pace! Hmmmmmm. Don't understand why cloughs on the bench???? Ain't he our top scorer? ? He's only played about 7 games
Think the two games a week are the answer to that one. He's using fresh legs as much as he can till he sees which way the wind's blowing.
Sorry, I don't buy that!

If that's the case whys vela and more to the point Danns playing! Cloughs a young lad he can handle it. He's been the only bright spark in a very dim period for us the boys on fire! sorry but I think Lennon's fvcked up there!! (Hope I'm wrong) The front line has no pace whatsover.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:44 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sorry, I don't buy that!

If that's the case whys vela and more to the point Danns playing! Cloughs a young lad he can handle it. He's been the only bright spark in a very dim period for us the boys on fire! sorry but I think Lennon's fvcked up there!! (Hope I'm wrong) The front line has no pace whatsover.
Vela and Danns aren't the ones who score the goals.

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Jonah wrote:Mc naughton not even on the bench. T'is odd . Would rather him be there to cover all back 4 positions than twardzik who may only cover one . And danns battling the tide with bannan . Lets hope they out a shift in tonight and leave with some pride .
We can only have five, and he's gone for Amos, Bannan & Janko in the XI, with bench boys Le Fondre & Slavchev. I get that we might need ALF (and Clough) as subs for our Dad's Army frontline, but with McNaughton again overlooked we have to play with an energetic young midfielder at RB, meaning we have to play a midfield four including two wingers, the less than imposing Bannan and the presumably pathologically knackered Danns.

I really really hope we'll win. I really don't think we will, and like a fair few, I think another four-goaler might be ahoy against a team who'll want to come back into form after their frustration against Leeds, Brum and Arsenal.

As (I think) Dr Hotdog put it before, :help:

You're right , I forgot we'd signed twardzik and of course a loaner keeper too. Would still like to see mcnaughton involved given neither janko nor vela look keen to play there . Hope they don't have a flying winger . Bannan has looked lightweight but maybe eidur will drop deeper and help out a bit . Infanct might be an idea to all drop deeper and play a percentage game :)
You never know , clean sheet tonight :/

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sorry, I don't buy that!

Vela and Danns aren't the ones who score the goals.

:conf:

So we leave the lads out who score the goals? ??

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:47 pm

That side is about keeping it tight for 60 minutes and playing for a point.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:That side is about keeping it tight for 60 minutes and playing for a point.

Yes. But if fresh legs are what's needed than danns legs are the ones that needs resting! This slachev should be given a go

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:53 pm

I'm feeling massivley sadistic tonight. Any streams?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:53 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Fresh legs apart from mcnaughton you mean

Cutting his nose off to spite his face imo

Too lightweight that midfield and gudjohnsen/heskey together is too slow
I fear the Dibble and Plymouth are spot on. We'll get dicked.
No bite in midfield, defence under pressure all night and they will crack. Slavchev should be in instead of one of the wingers for me.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:57 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:I'm feeling massivley sadistic tonight. Any streams?
I can't find any!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.