After the last match, Reading the riot act - match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: After the last match, Reading the riot act - match threa

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Almost feckin inevitable. On the upside we're another point further away from the bottom 3
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:00 pm

danardif1 wrote:I hope the referee is brought up post-match. Shocking.
I hope the referee is beaten up post-match.
Businesswoman of the year.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:01 pm

Millwall blackpool charlton at home...win them 3 and some more points here or there and we'll be ok

The injury list is depressing and a jpke, players hit form and get injured, we unearth a gem and some pricks kick him off the park. Disgrace.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:02 pm

Lennon will be livid.

Game needed a stronger refereeing performance. This League is hard enough without shit decisions. You can put up with the odd occasion but it's getting like it's almost every other game.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:02 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
danardif1 wrote:I hope the referee is brought up post-match. Shocking.
I hope the referee is beaten up post-match.
It wouldn't surprise me if Lennon decked him...

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:02 pm

What a sickener ! Sounds like we deserved better and the ref was a nightmare . Should be an interesting post match interview. Mcnaughton ankle and clough shoulder don't sound positive but we look pretty safe . Couple of wins and we're over the line . Just as well lennon got a few players in . Never known so many injuries .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Alf's receiving of the ball, holding it up and feeding Eidur for the goal was immense. A really impressive piece of play.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 pm

I do like Alf. Doubt we could afford him! Reckon once settled, he'd bag us a few goals
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:56 pm

https://twitter.com/MarcIles/status/572892894828339200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

for the twitterphobes,
Clough dislocated shoulder, Wheater might be hamstring, McNaughton "kick to leg". Lennon describes ref's performance as crap"
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Reading are a bunch of thuggish c****s. Gutted we didn't hold on. Gutted about the new injuries.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Dislocated shoulder...apparantley their lad pushed himself up on clough as well after. Its crimbal he wasnt nailed.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Gutted to wake up to this. The injuries and the late late equaliser. Was it a shit goal?

The good news I guess is Clough won't be out til January, although Wheater might be...

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:29 pm

According to post match interviews both managers thought ref was crap . Lennon said the three injuries could be long term and he may have to go back in the loan market . Clarke said it was a physical game which roughly translated means the ref let us kick you off the park I suppose . Will be interesting to see the highlights . Sounded like a good performance.
Given our current run of luck it might be better if mark Davies waits till next season . He will probably sustain ligament damage driving to the match .

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:33 pm

DJBlu wrote:Lennon will be livid.

Game needed a stronger refereeing performance. This League is hard enough without shit decisions. You can put up with the odd occasion but it's getting like it's almost every other game.

NL: "We should have changed the referee at half time. We should have dragged someone out of the crowd to do it."

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:37 pm

It was a really gutsy 2nd half performance despite what I thought was a weak line-up, and after everything went against us. Reading were a bunch of clogging tossers and the ref condoned that and effectively encouraged them to foul more.
Mills was furious after Clough went down and got right in their lad's face, you know full well that if he clogged him back the ref wouldn't have shown the same leniency.
They didn't didn't deserve the equaliser and it really pissed me off, but I don't think it will affect us greatly.
I've not been impressed with bannan on the whole but he took charge of that 2nd half, every credit.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:29 am

LeverEnd wrote:
DJBlu wrote:Lennon will be livid.

NL: "We should have changed the referee at half time. We should have dragged someone out of the crowd to do it."
Woeful referee! He actually came out for the second half with a green shirt on instead of first half black, which got the wags in the crowd going. "We can still see you, you know." "We know it's still you!" "You're still fat!" "Black is much more slimming!" all brought a bit of levity to the area.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:37 am

"Mackie finally found a way through with a super solo as he beat Ben Amos from the edge of the box."

Is that really how it happened? It sounded like a lucky ping-pong affair. this makes it sound like goal of the season. The Sun, of course
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:59 am

Jonah wrote:Lennon said the three injuries could be long term and he may have to go back in the loan market
Not as easy as that considering we can only have five in the matchday squad. We need Amos and I doubt he'd drop ALF or Bannan, so even if we got two more bodies in that would mean we couldn't use Janko, Slavchev, Rochinha or McNaughton. Not the most enormous losses, perhaps, but as the world found out in 2009, borrowing isn't a panacea.

Interestingly, according to the Football League rules:
53.2.7 Standard Loans which subsequently become permanent transfers (which can occur any time during the period of the Standard Loan) shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Standard Loans for that Season.
Note, though, that that only applies to Standard Loans (window-to-window) not Emergency Loans (month-to-month up to a maximum of 93 days). So we could strike a deal for ALF, Bannan or Janko, but not Amos.

For the record, clubs are allowed eight Standard Loans a season - four who were under 23 (on the 30 Jun before the season) and four who were 23 or above – and we've had seven:
McNaughton
Le Fondre
Bannan
Mason (U23)
Rochinha (U23)
Slavchev (U23)
Janko (U23)

While we're at it, our Emergency Loans have been
Ben Amos
Chris Herd
Owen Garvan

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: While we're at it, our Emergency Loans have been
Ben Amos
Chris Herd
Owen Garvan
Who he?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: While we're at it, our Emergency Loans have been
Ben Amos
Chris Herd
Owen Garvan
Who he?
Never herd of him.