Bolton v Paderborn

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton v Paderborn

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:36 pm

4-1, with 11 minutes left.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:38 pm

This is Paderborn's fifth friendly. Their first two were against German fourth-tier clubs, one of them semi pro, and they didn't win either game. Their league starts in two weeks. They'll be fitter than us at this stage.

They're also playing Watford next week, so you can see how that goes for comparison I guess.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:47 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:This is Paderborn's fifth friendly. Their first two were against German fourth-tier clubs, one of them semi pro, and they didn't win either game. Their league starts in two weeks. They'll be fitter than us at this stage.

They're also playing Watford next week, so you can see how that goes for comparison I guess.
Its nothing to do with fitness or the result IMO we just don't look like a team, we look like we did at the end of the season a complete team of strangers

Their passing, movement & the way they move the ball is streets ahead of us - but if like you say its just down to fitness then we'll improve 100% in the next few weeks !!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:52 pm

I'm an eternal optimist, what can I say :)
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:54 pm

At least we didn't concede 5 again! :hang: :hang: :hang:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:16 pm

I didn't stick around for the second half as the first was absolute dross, but that certainly escalated.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:24 pm

NL lost his rag with the referee after that challenge on Mavies who is limping slightly as they troop off. Nothing serious, but 2 footed over the ball challenge. As they came off Lennon was playing it form and straight with the ref saying "I don't want any injuries, you need to get a grip".

Madine again a positive, Dobbie doesn't deserve a contract on his 2 showings so far. We need at least 2 in at the back, on the right and in the centre.

Nice little ground, the happy atmosphere only marred by the fact that evolution clearly hasn't reached Deane yet, as one of the morons on tour started with "2 world wars and one world cup" . Some people make me ashamed to be English
Last edited by Bijou Bob on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Double post.
Last edited by Bijou Bob on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:20 pm

You there bob ?

Twatdick, at left back, hmmmmmm

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:29 pm

officer_dibble wrote:You there bob ?

Twatdick, at left back, hmmmmmm
I can't understand that one either. He was brought in as a central midfielder, wasn't he?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Yeah but we've got millions of them

I don't mind people who can play in more than one position, although Twardzik has yet to convince he can play in any

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:40 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:This is Paderborn's fifth friendly. Their first two were against German fourth-tier clubs, one of them semi pro, and they didn't win either game. Their league starts in two weeks. They'll be fitter than us at this stage.

Its nothing to do with fitness or the result IMO we just don't look like a team, we look like we did at the end of the season a complete team of strangers

Their passing, movement & the way they move the ball is streets ahead of us - but if like you say its just down to fitness then we'll improve 100% in the next few weeks !!
I'm not saying that you're not right to be worried, but isn't that exactly what they are at this stage?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:NL lost his rag with the referee after that challenge on Mavies who is limping slightly as they troop off. Nothing serious, but 2 footed over the ball challenge. As they came off Lennon was playing it form and straight with the ref saying "I don't want any injuries, you need to get a grip".

Madine again a positive, Dobbie doesn't deserve a contract on his 2 showings so far. We need at least 2 in at the back, on the right and in the centre.

Nice little ground, the happy atmosphere only marred by the fact that evolution clearly hasn't reached Deane yet, as one of the morons on tour started with "2 world wars and one world cup" . Some people make me ashamed to be English

Who's Dobbie?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Sponge wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:NL lost his rag with the referee after that challenge on Mavies who is limping slightly as they troop off. Nothing serious, but 2 footed over the ball challenge. As they came off Lennon was playing it form and straight with the ref saying "I don't want any injuries, you need to get a grip".

Who's Dobbie?
Image = Image
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".