If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Yes, I reckon if they're not capable of playing games at 19/21, might make the odd cock up here there but generally ok, then they've probably had it. Course there will be exceptions, there always are. We seem to have been relying on miracles happening on a Holy Bible scale.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:39 pm

Le Fondre has been responding to Bolton fans' attempt to bring home "home": http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33583621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He admits he'd like to come back but understands we have no cash.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:18 am

Hall had already played first team games before he got to us. Then he played for us and did feck all. Good riddance.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:42 am

Jugs wrote:Le Fondre has been responding to Bolton fans' attempt to bring home "home": http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33583621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He admits he'd like to come back but understands we have no cash.
very sweet of him.

As he's focused of the North West, assuming none of the Premiership clubs will want him ... including Stoke ... and he's not planning stepping down a division that means us, Blackburn (embargoed), Burnley & Preston. At a real geographic stretch Huddersfield & Leeds maybe.

Burnley could do worse, but probably feel they could do better. They're moneybags compared with the rest of us. Preston would be my bet. I'd not write off our chance of a fresh loan though if no-one comes in for him soon.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:56 am

ALF is the difference between play offs and lower mid table obscurity. Can we afford not to??
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:33 am

Can Preston afford half a million?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:45 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Can Preston afford half a million?
I don't know but after promotion .... and shedding Emma's wages they may be in a better position to than us.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:48 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:ALF is the difference between play offs and lower mid table obscurity. Can we afford not to??
I don't think we can, no, but if ED wants out as much as the rumours and recent press releases hint at then if he says "no" there's little we can do :(
Completely agree Bob, but ^^ what he says.

For me it'd be money well spent .... if it can be found and we haven't half cut some wages. Though there's a theme of loan players impressing only to seem more ordinary next time around.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:08 am

Just chuck all our cash at Le Fondre.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:25 am

Some side with more money than sense should be willing to shell out £1m for Spearing ... so long as we burn the videos of his performances from when he was made captain.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:03 am

Jugs wrote:Just chuck all our cash at Le Fondre.
The problem is we don't have any cash to chuck without turfing people out first. Since we're only releasing or selling for nominal amounts, that means we're freeing up some wages but absolutely no transfer funds. We lost one saleable asset to Liverpool, and the only three we have left who could generate some cash (aside from incomings like Amos) are Vela, Clough and Clayton. We're now stuck in a situation where our only options, unless we get a takeover before the window shuts, are to continue with freebies and loans, or to strongly consider and bids we might receive for our youngsters. I can't see Spearing, Medo or other "older" players going for much at all.
Er..no. How could Boggers be a saleable asset when his contract had run out? :crazy:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:09 am

Can someone please provide a quick recap of the ins and outs this summer, as I haven't really been paying attention and to be perfectly frank, 63 pages, I cannot be arsed.

All I've picked up is that Bogdan has left and ALF will not return. Shame.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:11 am

Bollocks ALF is the difference, when we only have one senior full back and its dean fecking moxey.

Good player yes but we need other signings first.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:14 am

Ta very muchly.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:26 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Jugs wrote:Just chuck all our cash at Le Fondre.
The problem is we don't have any cash to chuck without turfing people out first. Since we're only releasing or selling for nominal amounts, that means we're freeing up some wages but absolutely no transfer funds. We lost one saleable asset to Liverpool, and the only three we have left who could generate some cash (aside from incomings like Amos) are Vela, Clough and Clayton. We're now stuck in a situation where our only options, unless we get a takeover before the window shuts, are to continue with freebies and loans, or to strongly consider and bids we might receive for our youngsters. I can't see Spearing, Medo or other "older" players going for much at all.
Er..no. How could Boggers be a saleable asset when his contract had run out? :crazy:
There's no need to be Captain Literal - of course he was out of contract. My point was that he was the only real member of our first team who could have gone for a substantial fee, but once again we failed to capitalise on it either the summer or even January before. It's not like he suddenly disappeared for free out of the blue, it was something we all knew would happen.
The discussion is here and now. What we have we can sell to make some cash. Boggers is not and hasn't been a saleable asset since the transfer window closed. I apologise if that is captain literal, but it is extremely relevant in the context of the discussion.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:58 am

officer_dibble wrote:Bollocks ALF is the difference, when we only have one senior full back and its dean fecking moxey.

Good player yes but we need other signings first.
Yep.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:12 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Can someone please provide a quick recap of the ins and outs this summer, as I haven't really been paying attention and to be perfectly frank, 63 pages, I cannot be arsed.

All I've picked up is that Bogdan has left and ALF will not return. Shame.
IN:
Amos
Madine
Osede
Lussey

OUT:
Bogdan
Andrews
Beckford
Cravies
Iliev
Lester
Lonergan
Mills
Woodland
Gudjohnsen
Baptiste
Odelusi
Other miscellaneous yoof players

Don't think I've missed anyone off the top of my head?
As LGM posted a couple of pages back, this seems up to date: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%8 ... #Transfers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(TAB, you missed U21 midfielder Ceberio, but I think you can be forgiven for that :D )

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:32 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote: What you say is true, however as I said (and is equally as relevant) we have all known that the chances of Bogdan staying here were all but 0, arguably 12 months before the drawn out negotiations at the end of this season. He was a saleable asset through to January 2015 and we didn't capitalise on that. He didn't make or break any more games than Lonergan did, so why we didn't capitalise on interest in him like we did Chungy is beyond me. This is why I class him as a lost asset, much like Elmander and others have been, not because he was a saleable asset this summer but because we missed the chance for a much needed fee earlier in the season.
Harking back to couldashouldawoulda doesn't deal with the who can we flog to raise funds to bring new players in. Saleable assets are those under contract, even if they are called Trotter :wink:

Back in January any money we could have got for Bogdan would have been peanuts and would have gone straight on bringing another keeper in (probably in panic). I doubt it would have made any difference to today's question of who to flog/bin to raise funds.

We need to get shut of Medo and Spearing as that will allow us to pay wages for a couple of players and lower the wage bill, which I believe is what we are trying to achieve. I don't think we've hardly anyone that is likely to attract much of a fee, so ALF on a perm is looking very very unlikely regardless of wages. In an ideal world someone will buy Clough for silly money and loan him back for a season!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Little Green Man wrote:This seems to be up to date:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%8 ... #Transfers

Additionally Stephen Dobbie, Lawrie Wilson, George Newell and a few lads from Wee Gordon Strachan's finishing school have been given trials. Emile Heskey seems to be stuck in some sort of non-contract limbo but is training and playing.

The first team squad have lost all of their pre-season games so far. The callow youths have won or drawn all of theirs.
Cheers! :D

cmbfc_90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cmbfc_90 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Can't understand why we don't have any wages available when u look at the players that left some on huge amounts