If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:48 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
freeindeed wrote:
thebish wrote:Image
I deliver vegetables next door to the house he grew up in in Oxford. FACT.
I bought a Volvo estate off his antique trader business partner in the early 90,s when I lived in
Oxford!! Fact....
I saw him on telly!! Fact.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Hooper? :conf:
Gary. Ex-Celtic. Now Norwich. Scores wherever he goes, but barely played for 'em in the second tier so he's looking at arse-splinters this term (assuming they sign some shexy forwardsh like, say, Van Wolfswinkel). Trouble is, Norridge's four-foot gaffer Alex Neil hasn't signed any strikers yet and says he wants to keep the Hoopdogg in the Canaries' cage. Thirty bob says Lennon is biding his time, quietly stating his interest and praying for a loan.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:58 pm

I've got a feeling it might be Frazier Campbell
Pfffft.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:19 pm

I'd be very happy with Frazier Campbell.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Depends which one turns up, but if he can stay fit, me too. Exactly what we need.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

n035209
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by n035209 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:22 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33802910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

according to the bbc Prince has signed on loan

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:47 am

n035209 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33802910

according to the bbc Prince has signed on loan

At the bottom Lennon says Timmy's "been consistent" and the Beeb says he hasn't scored in 126 appearances for us. Glad they agree.

Prince might be okay at this level - at least it is another body.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Calvin Spangle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Calvin Spangle » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:35 am

Pisano, Gouano...Gouano, Pisano...let's call the whole thing off.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Our chap's chirpy. NL in BN:
We think we’ve done some decent business this summer in terms of the players we have brought in. We would like to have brought in one or two more but while it has not been feasible at the minute there’s still a long way to go in the window.

Stephen (Dobbie) and Lawrie (Wilson) are good players. We lost Eidur so we were looking for that type of player and Stephen can fill that void. What he has is experience at this level and he is not old – he is only 32. He has won promotions – one with Blackpool and one with Swansea – so he knows how to get it done in this division. I think he has got plenty to offer.

Lawrie was out of contract and wanted to come in so we had a good look at him. He did very well in all the games he has played so far so again we have signed him. It hasn’t cost the club a huge amount of money to bring those two in. They will add to the squad. We need a bit of depth and that’s what they will bring.

We may look to add a number two goalkeeper but at the minute we are going okay with what we’ve got with Ben (Amos). (Gary) Madine will be a good player at this level and will certainly make us better, as will Derik (Osede) when he's fit again.

I have already got some good players here. Clough and Vela are here, and Pratley is fit again and that’s like having a new signing. Hopefully Clayton isn’t that far off and Feeney has looked good in pre-season. While you always want to make the squad better I am pretty happy with what we’ve got. The squad seems pretty content. They have trained well and pre-season has gone well. We have been okay with injuries as well so it has been pretty pleasing from that aspect.

You can’t always get everything you want. Sometimes you have to be patient and maybe a week or so before the window closes things will change because players want to play and be part of a team. I’m sure my phone will be going in the last week of the window but for now I am just focusing on what I’ve got.
Elsewhere in the BN, Lennon's happy with Prince, non-commital on Pisano and getting over ALF:
Prince(-Desir Gouano) had his medical on Wednesday and we hope he will be ready for Saturday. It’s a loan deal with an option to buy. If things go well and he is happy then we will see what happens but we have the option on whether we want to sign him or not.

He will add pace at the back and power. Obviously we are a little bit short in defence at the minute. Derik and David Wheater are both injured and Tim Ream is touch and go whether he will make it for the weekend. He came back from the Gold Cup with a swollen thigh.

Regardless of that, though, it was important we added depth to that centre-half position and Prince certainly brings that. He’s pacy, strong and a very, very good defender so we are pretty pleased to get this one done.

With regards (to former Cagliari full-back Francesco) Pisano, there is an interest there but we are not down the line with that one at all. There is nothing concluded on that.

Adam Le Fondre was a target for us and we tried but we couldn’t get that deal done because it was out of our reach at the minute. That’s the reality of it and it is frustrating but you have to get on with it.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:10 pm

Blimey, two new CBs (one on loan), a new right back with possibly another fullback on the way... that's almost a whole new defence. If a second fullback arrives that would give options, competition and cover. Vela would no longer be needed at right back. In midfield we have a surplus of CMs still. Up front there are options, we could possibly do with a 20-goal-a-season striker (ha) but there is a mix of experience and kids in the mix already.

It's looking pretty well balanced from the armchair so far. Fighting back the optimism before the inevitable opening day thumping.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:11 pm

We lost Eidur so we were looking for that type of player and Stephen can fill that void.
I beg your fecking pardon, Ginger? So 'Stephen'll be off to Chelsea and Barcelona will he? :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:21 pm

As ever, Lennon claims a player has signed but the club hasn't confirmed it. Given recent history he will be signed up this time next week.....

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
We lost Eidur so we were looking for that type of player and Stephen can fill that void.
I beg your fecking pardon, Ginger? So 'Stephen'll be off to Chelsea and Barcelona will he? :shock:
Is that where Eidurs gone then - thought was middle east or somwhere ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Well, quite. Dare I say the kind of comparison for which Lennon's predecessor would be rightly pilloried.

I hope Dobbie does well and I wish him all the best - he's adaptable, keen and has done OK in this division before - but it's a fatuous comparison and very unfair on him. He's not even a poundshop Eidur.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:37 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Well, quite. Dare I say the kind of comparison for which Lennon's predecessor would be rightly pilloried.

I hope Dobbie does well and I wish him all the best - he's adaptable, keen and has done OK in this division before - but it's a fatuous comparison and very unfair on him. He's not even a poundshop Eidur.
so I take it you'd rather have had the soon to be 37 year old Eidur ?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Clearly eidur in his prime is miles ahead. Shame we never had that eidur.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:44 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I hope Dobbie does well and I wish him all the best - he's adaptable, keen and has done OK in this division before - but it's a fatuous comparison and very unfair on him. He's not even a poundshop Eidur.
so I take it you'd rather have had the soon to be 37 year old Eidur ?
You take it wrong, me ol' pottery-Trotter. I've said since April that Eidur's wage would be better spent elsewhere, but Dobbie wouldn't have been my first choice. I'm hoping his wage is negligible, and likesay I've nowt against the bloke, but it's an unfair comparison.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:As ever, Lennon claims a player has signed but the club hasn't confirmed it. Given recent history he will be signed up this time next week.....
I read on twitter (a lad that generally seems to have an ear to the ground) that the club have offered terms that haven't been accepted by the player and Lennon is talking about him signing, to ensure the club conclude it and save face

If it doesn't happen, it could have pretty serious consequences if it's true
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:49 pm

If Eidur was the same price as Dobbie and wanted to stay - Eidur any bleedin' day
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:55 pm

boltonboris wrote:If Eidur was the same price as Dobbie and wanted to stay - Eidur any bleedin' day
Clearly, and I'm sure Lennon would too. Dobbie will play the same role so it's not that daft a comparison even though you'd expect even an ageing eidur to play it better.
I'm pretty sure if eidur had wanted to stay on the terms offered, Lennon wouldn't have said 'sorry mate, you're out. I've heard dobbie is available on à free'.