If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:26 am

jaffka wrote:Hopefully a new attacker today and Pisano tomorrow. Exciting times.
It's taken 107 pages to get there!!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:31 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
jaffka wrote:Hopefully a new attacker today and Pisano tomorrow. Exciting times.
It's taken 107 pages to get there!!
Stop wingeing! After page 1 it was better than yours
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobby wrote:A friend of mine asked Lennon on Thursday during a press conference if there was any interest in Jones from our side. Lennon denied any interest whatsoever, so unless he's playing his cards extremely close to his chest we can probably rule that one out.
I suspect it will be a wide man. With Heskey and Madine we have target men, but lack decent crossers of the ball, and as long as that continues we aren't putting them to best use. Cough and Clayton should be scoring a good amount too in an effective partnership with the big guys up top.
I'd like to see the Citeh lad come in. Would be over the moon with Hooper, but doubt we can get close to affording his wages. Are there any Celtic wingers who have fallen out of favour lately?
Wingers are fine but I worry that the bigger problem is sticking the ball in the net regularly. We've created chances against Derby and Burton, more than enough chances against Burton at least but nobody could take them.
We've absolutely no width, though. We were so narrow against 'Boro, there was rarely a player out wide to get the ball out too.

You need wingers at any level.

Madine was unlucky against Derby, as was Heskey.

With more service, the goals will come. And who knows? Perhaps we'll get a winger who can chip in woth some.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:42 am

I'm hoping for a pacy wide player, but I can't remember the last time we had one! I'm also not quite sure how we would fit a wide player into the narrow diamond he seems to favour in midfield?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:53 am

Bijou Bob wrote:I'm hoping for a pacy wide player, but I can't remember the last time we had one! I'm also not quite sure how we would fit a wide player into the narrow diamond he seems to favour in midfield?
Surely he has to go wider with a player like Madine waiting for crosses, though?

Unless he really is going to keep trying with the 3-5-2.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:57 am

Jugs wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I'm hoping for a pacy wide player, but I can't remember the last time we had one! I'm also not quite sure how we would fit a wide player into the narrow diamond he seems to favour in midfield?
Surely he has to go wider with a player like Madine waiting for crosses, though?

The problem is Clough. He needs to play. If he plays him up front we can't carry two wingers with our weak midfield. That is the issue. Lennon is trying to circumvent that issue.

I suspect whoever comes in will challenge Feeney for the "pace off the striker role" rather than going out wide per se....

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Jugs wrote:

I don't think we can say goodbye to 3-5-2 just yet: "The weekend was frustrating, because our last two away wins came when we played three at the back. It's a system that can work." [From today's press conference.]

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Sponge wrote:
Jugs wrote:

I don't think we can say goodbye to 3-5-2 just yet: "The weekend was frustrating, because our last two away wins came when we played three at the back. It's a system that can work." [From today's press conference.]
The issue is more the personnel there to play it.. You need pace and fitness, of which wee have neither..

You also need good footballers in front of the defence to make use of it, which is another issue
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Defenders, going purely from listening and others comments, are always going to hover
around Clogh like flies around jam as long as he has a specific role. Might it not work to go with a back four of Wilson, Dervite, Prince (or Derik) Moxey, using two as wing backs, ( Wilson,Moxey) Danns or Spearing as central defender of the diamond with Mark Davies and A.N.Other as outer diamond spots and just let Clough hang about in a free role a/la Klasnic, behind Madine (or Heskey) as a movable front point? Just a suggestion.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

The problem is Clough. He needs to play. If he plays him up front we can't carry two wingers with our weak midfield. That is the issue. Lennon is trying to circumvent that issue.

I suspect whoever comes in will challenge Feeney for the "pace off the striker role" rather than going out wide per se....
...............Madine

............... Clough

Winger.....................Winger

.......... CDM CDM

FB ......CB.........CB ........ FB

Can that not work?

Okay
Last edited by Jugs on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

...............Madine

............... Clough

Winger.....................Winger

.......... CDM CDM

FB ......CB.........CB ........ FB

Can that not work?

Okay
At home perhaps. Depends who is in CDM positions. I'm guessing Vela and Spearing with Pratley on the left wing? But hard to fit Mark Davies in. And away from home I'm not sure that is strong enough in midfield.

I think that would be ok. Thought it isn't that different to the system he played against Derby.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Am I hearing right we have just signed a defender? Courtney Meppen Walter I have heard??

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:01 pm

This guy? http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-21616296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blimey.

Also, the fast attacker in will be Carayol. Still worried about us actually scoring goals.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:03 pm

twilight wrote:Am I hearing right we have just signed a defender? Courtney Meppen Walter I have heard??
I hope not. He's that bell-end who got 16 months for causing (two) death(s) by careless driving doing 50-odd in a 30mph zone.

Having previously been caught doing 50-odd in a 30pmh zone.

Seems like a Ravel Morrison wannabe gangsta type. No ta. #keepZachsafe
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Ah, Think we have taken him on trial

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Yep. Official:

Bolton Wanderers FC ‏@OfficialBWFC 33m33 minutes ago
#BWFC have taken ex-Manchester City and current Carlisle defender Courtney Meppen-Walter on trial.

Also, rumours are that the striker is Josh Murphy from Norwich. I don't know much about him.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:09 pm

HMX wrote:This guy? http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-21616296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blimey.

Also, the fast attacker in will be Carayol. Still worried about us actually scoring goals.
Not Carayol according to Nixon and Iles.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:11 pm

HMX wrote:Yep. Official:

#BWFC have taken ex-Manchester City and current Carlisle defender Courtney Meppen-Walter on trial.

Also, rumours are that the striker is Josh Murphy from Norwich. I don't know much about him.

He's one of the twins they have. One is good and one is shit. No idea which is which I'm afraid!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:11 pm

A road traffic offence doesn't make him a gangsta. If it does, you can start calling me da Big B as I've got a speed awareness course on Thursday.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:
HMX wrote:Yep. Official:

He's one of the twins they have. One is good and one is shit. No idea which is which I'm afraid!
Ah. Jacob has gone to Coventry: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33943395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do we have the good one, do we do we do we?