Worried!!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Worried!!

Post by jetsetwilly » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:04 am

Either Eddie and chums had way more money than anyone thought and were happy to spend it. Or, this is some clever way of moving money around to make them plenty of cash. The method only worked with the Prem TV money hence the lack of investment now.

Seems pretty clear to me. I don't see Eddie with a begging bowl, he is still wealthy. He and PG have taken this club for a ride and made tidy sums out of it.

This story only ends one way. We fail to pay back this emergency loan and we go bust.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:41 am

jetsetwilly wrote: He and PG have taken this club for a ride and made tidy sums out of it..
I'd be delighted to see any explanation of that by dint of adding anything like facts to the assertion.

I don't believe anyone is suggesting things like Private Trusts ain't tax efficient etc...but if you can show anything that highlights how ED has made off like a bandit with cash that was never his in the first place, lets see it...

As for Gartside, he's an employee. Well paid employee, but a long way from being paid as much as most of the players were...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:27 am

^^ this.

I tell you what, you know how we all have occasional dreams of winning the rolled over Euro Lottery 3 or 4 times and with it we'd buy Bolton Wanderers and make them the World's greatest football club ? (No ?? Just me then ??)

You'd think twice about it when you see how people piss all over you no matter what you do.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:41 am

indeed its a very sad insight into the modern mindset.

Notwithstanding what he had done for BWFC, ED had made all sorts of philanthropic donations to hospitals, universities, art galleries etc. No doubt some people will say it was some kind of scam. Some people need to get their head out of their arses.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:42 am

Hoboh wrote:
Beefheart wrote:You might think it's a load of bollocks but it's the only analysis of the accounts I've seen that isn't, where people tend to claim that Eddie is in it for some tax dodge or is milking the club dry, or has misunderstood the going concern statement.
Honestly, really!!! :shock: you believe that there is not some sort of prudent, financial benefit here to moonshine and the international investments of it's owner?
Nobody, nobody, except maybe an Arab, Russian, or whatever billionaire just chucks the kind of money about which moonshine have with not a prayer of getting it all back?
ED is a multimillionaire and got there by being nobodies fool, give him credit.
Honestly, really!!! :shock: There's not a financial advisor in the world who'd say that putting your money into a football club is in anyway a good idea, from a tax point of view or any other. I can guarantee that owning BWFC has cost ED money, not the other way around.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:45 am

According to the papers.. Eddie has dropped his price and wants 30 million for the club.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:50 am

ChrisC wrote:According to the papers.. Eddie has dropped his price and wants 30 million for the club.
Not that I doubted it, but he must really want out then, that's only about 75% of our tangible asset value...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:
ChrisC wrote:According to the papers.. Eddie has dropped his price and wants 30 million for the club.
Not that I doubted it, but he must really want out then, that's only about 75% of our tangible asset value...
£30m.

mmmm. You & Billy Bragg could sell your main houses and run to that Worthy. I'll even chip in if you like.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:15 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
£30m.

mmmm. You & Billy Bragg could sell your main houses and run to that Worthy. I'll even chip in if you like.
Billy and me believe in wealth re-distribution clearly this needs to be someone else's wealth. We'll set up a players co-operative where they get paid on results and share in the spoils...

Trotter might need Income Support...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:56 am

I'm not convinced Trotter would pass IDS's fit to work test either.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:11 am

Worthy4England wrote:As for Gartside, he's an employee. Well paid employee, but a long way from being paid as much as most of the players were...
But at the moment he's probably among the top few player salaries, right? If he can fit into a tracksuit maybe we can get him training and sell him to QPR :D
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:24 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:As for Gartside, he's an employee. Well paid employee, but a long way from being paid as much as most of the players were...
But at the moment he's probably among the top few player salaries, right? If he can fit into a tracksuit maybe we can get him training and sell him to QPR :D
it's certainly a thought!! :D

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:28 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'm not convinced Trotter would pass IDS's fit to work test either.
You're kidding! Even Nat, God bless him, would pass that!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:30 am

thebish wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:
it's certainly a thought!! :D
It's difficult to tell how much he's on at the moment. It's not reported in the 2014 Accounts since we became a Ltd...

As for selling him to QPR, I think we should try him upfront, first.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:32 am

If Gartside's on £330,000 per year that's £6,300 per week. A third of what we were paying Ream.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:37 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'm not convinced Trotter would pass IDS's fit to work test either.
You're kidding! Even Nat, God bless him, would pass that!
We re talking about Liam and not Rodney you know :shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:44 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:If Gartside's on £330,000 per year that's £6,300 per week. A third of what we were paying Ream.

every now and again I think I have some kind of a handle on what players' wages are - and then I discover I haven't! :shock:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:47 am

bobo the clown wrote:^^ this.

I tell you what, you know how we all have occasional dreams of winning the rolled over Euro Lottery 3 or 4 times and with it we'd buy Bolton Wanderers and make them the World's greatest football club ? (No ?? Just me then ??)

You'd think twice about it when you see how people piss all over you no matter what you do.
You need a doctor bobo, seriously!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:58 am

thebish wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:If Gartside's on £330,000 per year that's £6,300 per week. A third of what we were paying Ream.

every now and again I think I have some kind of a handle on what players' wages are - and then I discover I haven't! :shock:
It's how we all blithely slip into the norms of speaking about WEEKLY numbers often in excess of many people's annual ones.

We're on our uppers and on smaller wages now ... £4k pw is the new low standard. So, way less than we were but still a healthy get-by over a year.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:04 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:indeed its a very sad insight into the modern mindset.

Notwithstanding what he had done for BWFC, ED had made all sorts of philanthropic donations to hospitals, universities, art galleries etc. No doubt some people will say it was some kind of scam. Some people need to get their head out of their arses.
Bill gates and his pal Warren give shed loads all over the place and never seem to be any poorer.